Are you booked with a Free Dining Offer? Poll: Have you been contacted and what offer given?

Contacted with new offer?

• Yes, received a new offer - 35% current stay

Votes: 130 53.7%
  • Yes, received a new offer - 35% off later stay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, only generic email

Votes: 38 15.7%
  • No email and no offer yet

Votes: 74 30.6%

• Total voters
So, if we’re booked at Poly, would we be moved to the Poly villas? Don’t love the lack of two real beds, but remaining flexible is the name of the game

I would say no because you are at the resort, What she conveyed to her clients was that those at values or moderates would be moved to deluxe resorts and have no choice which one.

Like I said, the plan seems to be to keep the number of resorts open limited...she didn’t know how long this would be in place either.

However, it did sound like if people are told the resort is being switched, it will be accept it, or cancel, A guest won’t be given a choice to choose something else,

Of course, until detailed emails go out or she gets more specifics, this is what she sent to all her clients currently booked through the end of the year.

Quick question, I got the 35% email about 9:15. The question is Park Hoppers??? WIll they be removed at the time the new trips are rearranged?

Original Trip: May 14-May 21 BWI club level
BWI Standard Room
Early September
BWI
Free Dining Guest Recovery Package

I have not received any e-mails - have tickets with this package and an annual pass.

Just got email
Had YC first week of August with free dining recovery
Email stated that we would get 35% off room portion of this package.
not sure we’re ready to travel this summer. Was hoping for the 35% off later booking—has anyone actually gotten that offer??

I was hoping for something like that. I got the email with the 35% off the current package, but we can’t go on this trip at all (we were booked 7/7-7/12), so I was hoping there would be something we could apply to a future trip (we’re planning to rebook next spring).

I’m guessing with all of the massive changes they have to do, they’re just not there yet.

Original Trip: May 14-May 21 BWI club level
BWI Standard Room
Early September
BWI
Free Dining Guest Recovery Package

I have not received any e-mails - have tickets with this package and an annual pass.
Just received an e-mail with 35% off for the current reservation.

Booked for 7/5 - 7/12 at Pop w/ free dining booked in January. Got our 35% off email tonight.
We obviously can’t use our 8 day park tickets. Wondering what they will do with our package eventually.

Last edited:
So guest at values and mods would have to pay the difference correct? Bc tbh that would be really crappy and unfair for those of us already at deluxe resorts, paying deluxe prices, if all the value/mod guests get to go to deluxes for the price of a value.

It sounds like people will be upgraded for free but won’t be given a choice, For example, they may say “You are being sent to Old Key West and someone else might be sent to the Grand Floridan”

If you are not happy with the resort chosen for the upgrade, then your only choice would be cancel,

Again, this is what she was told today and it could be for a short time or into the fall. Those details were not given.

They could realize they can open more resorts sooner than plans right now and it happens for very few,

Just reporting that people may get emails telling them their resort is being changed.

I hear ya, but people have been given upgrades in the past...this could just end up large scale.

I wonder what resorts will be the ones that open. If we’re at YC, it seems like a lot of rooms for them to open the BCV, BC AND YC...
I remember seeing about limited transportation at the beginning and specifically only mentioning limited ferry and monorail. What will happen to hotels in the EP/HS area. I guess there is a lot to sort out right now and too many unknowns to even bothering calling yet. I hope we get more specific emails soon.

It sounds like people will be upgraded for free but won’t be given a choice, For example, they may say “You are being sent to Old Key West and someone else might be sent to the Grand Floridan”

If you are not happy with the resort chosen for the upgrade, then your only choice would be cancel,

Again, this is what she was told today and it could be for a short time or into the fall. Those details were not given.

They could realize they can open more resorts sooner than plans right now and it happens for very few,

Just reporting that people may get emails telling them their resort is being changed.

I hear ya, but people have been given upgrades in the past...this could just end up large scale.

is this coming from a reliable source? i'm wondering how much of a change you can make to your package besides the dates.

We rebooked for late Sept with free dining .just received a email within the last hour saying our booked package will be adjusted to the 35% room discount and we'll receive a new confirmation number .

is this coming from a reliable source? i'm wondering how much of a change you can make to your package besides the dates.

She is a TA and it was included in the email she sent to all her clients with WDW trips booked. They had a meeting today with the regional office with current details,

Right now, there are no modifications being allowed to cash reservations. Your only choice is cancel if you have dates beyond the park opening or let Disney cancel before it does open.

So, this will be for people who have current reservations booked already who are at resorts that Disney decides not to open right away.

As of today, that is the plan but as I stated, they were not given dates of how long it will be before they open more than the DVC resorts..which are opening for owners June 22nd.

ETA: And as I posted, she did say that as things evolve plans could change and she will keep me in the loop, even though I am DVC and don’t book cash reservations!

Last edited:
So guest at values and mods would have to pay the difference correct? Bc tbh that would be really crappy and unfair for those of us already at deluxe resorts, paying deluxe prices, if all the value/mod guests get to go to deluxes for the price of a value.
You can always cancel your reservation in protest. I’ve never seen a required room change that cost a guest extra?

You can always cancel your reservation in protest. I’ve never seen a required room change that cost a guest extra?

Yup! Happens all the time when rooms are not available. This plan could also be why they are not allowing any new bookings as they are trying to make things as efficient as possible.

Disney has done something similar to this but on a smaller scale. My family, cousins, Aunts, Uncles, etc. went to WDW for a family reunion in 2002. We all had rooms together at CBR. Disney called all of us 2 months or so before the trip and said that they were closing CBR for our dates (not sure if it was for a rehab or what). We were offered the Poly or AKL for no additional cost. We all chose the Poly.

Last edited:
Here is the info I Just got from a TA friend, She said things are changing and was told to tell her clients that,

Beyond what has been posted about the 35% discount, is that people will be refunded for park hoppers And they will not be selling them foe the time being

She also shared that not all resorts will be opening from that start and that it appears people will be moved to the properties of the DVC resorts, Guests will have no option as to which one either,

She did say the tentative plan is for reservations starting July 11th.
Does anyone know about the memory maker? Will it be refunded?

This is true for me too! It used to say something like "free dining recovery offer" and now just says "Disney Dining Plan Plus" How odd.

Could it be that they are converting the "free dining" to appear like "paid dining" in the system so they can give us a refund/package price reduction equal to the dining plan amount?!?!? OMG, don't want to get hopes up, but that would be spectacular.

Well, now the wording changed again this morning. It now says: FreeDineBB Disney Resort Hotel Pkg plus Quick Service DP. So I have no idea what's going on. lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter