Are they still offering $10 a night for declining housekeeping

Our daughter received a Disney gift card for Christmas, so I think we will just get them to add the $60 (7 nights) to her card for souvenirs.

And if they didn't call me, should I just call or do you think I need to ask at the desk? Staying at PORS.

At POR 2 weeks ago, a message was left on our room phone with the offer. If you don't get a call, call front desk from room or stop there the day you check in.

Can an e-gift card be used anywhere if you show the email?
I have never used one.

I am almost positive we used ours toward our dinner at Bongo's. Since we were not a family, adding it to an MB wouldn't have worked since we all used our own separate credit cards on our MBs.

Pop Century switched from the normal "Do Not Disturb" to the Peter Pan "Room Occupied" while we were there. I believe it happened on Thursday Jan 11.
We did online check in and nobody called us about no housekeeping. I had forgotten about it until I just saw this thread, or I would have gone to the front desk and asked. My husband would have liked some extra money to eat at the Festival of the Arts with, although his waistline is probably happy he had a budget!
We checked in on Jan 7 at Pop and had the Room occupied sign upon check in.

For me, part of being on vacation is being pampered, and not worrying about cleaning my room. We are not messy by any means, but it is so nice to come back to a clean room.
Exactly. We keep things pretty organized (don't unpack, etc) but something about just having someone else make the bed for a few days is so nice. I mean, we hang and reuse towels, bring our own toiletries, etc. But just returning to a nice, freshly made bed (that someone else made) says "vacation"

We completely bypassed the front desk at Pop and went directly to our room. No pressure about anything. lol
Sounds like a plan!lol:)

We were checked in by a Manager so that may have something to do with why we had to say no 3 times.

But I didn't mind-I'm sure they want as many Guests as possible to opt in or they wouldn't have started the program.:)

We checked in on Jan 7 at Pop and had the Room occupied sign upon check in.
We checked in Jan 9 and started with the old sign then it was switched out. We were in 50s. Maybe they did a building at a time? Or as the mouse keepers remembered to switch it they did room by room?
I really liked the Peter Pan one. It's cute.

If you do opt out, when do you get the gift card/e-gift card? Is delivery fairly immediate? I would hope to be able to use it while on the trip.

We received our right away. I just added to a Disney gift card that I already had and used it during our trip.

Does anyone know if this is being offered at the all-star resorts? We are staying there end of Oct beginning of Nov. We always opt out of housekeeping for the most part. Getting a little back to spend at the parks would be great!

Does anyone know if this is being offered at the all-star resorts? We are staying there end of Oct beginning of Nov. We always opt out of housekeeping for the most part. Getting a little back to spend at the parks would be great!

Yup. It's offered at all Values and Moderates. Not offered at the Deluxes.

Our daughter received a Disney gift card for Christmas, so I think we will just get them to add the $60 (7 nights) to her card for souvenirs.

I wouldn't count on this. Disney gift cards are not re-loadable to my knowledge and the one offered for declining housekeeping is an e-gift card so it will be sent to you electronically. So I would doubt it can be added to your existing gift card. BUT, you can still show the e-gift card in stores to redeem for souvenirs or charge the souvenirs back to your room and use the e-gift card towards your balance.

I wouldn't count on this. Disney gift cards are not re-loadable to my knowledge and the one offered for declining housekeeping is an e-gift card so it will be sent to you electronically. So I would doubt it can be added to your existing gift card. BUT, you can still show the e-gift card in stores to redeem for souvenirs or charge the souvenirs back to your room and use the e-gift card towards your balance.

I just used my phone and showed the e-Card at POS.

WHAT! I haven't had mousekeeping in about 5 years worth of trips (it just wasn't worth it to get clean towels). I would leave the old do not disturb sign on the door and get my own towels when needed. who knew I could have been saving money by doing so!!

I believe it started some time in October last year. We found out about it after we came home. But we also stayed in POR so i dont think that resort was included at the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter