Are they still offering $10 a night for declining housekeeping

WHAT! I haven't had mousekeeping in about 5 years worth of trips (it just wasn't worth it to get clean towels). I would leave the old do not disturb sign on the door and get my own towels when needed. who knew I could have been saving money by doing so!!

:rotfl: Me too! I’m glad I found this thread!

Do you decline in the beginning and get the card at check-in or do they give to to you at the end in an email? It's worthless to me afterwards? I'd like i for the trip!

Do you decline in the beginning and get the card at check-in or do they give to to you at the end in an email? It's worthless to me afterwards? I'd like i for the trip!

You have to opt out on check in day and you will get the email usually within 10 minutes.

Thanks for reminding me about this! We did it on our last trip in September and we are headed back in about a month!

What about soap/shampoo and the like? Can you request more of that from housekeeping if you opt out?

We were thinking we would use the 9 night stay gift card to get a few refillable mugs, I assume you can use the e-card at the snack shop?

I wouldn't count on this. Disney gift cards are not re-loadable to my knowledge and the one offered for declining housekeeping is an e-gift card so it will be sent to you electronically. So I would doubt it can be added to your existing gift card. BUT, you can still show the e-gift card in stores to redeem for souvenirs or charge the souvenirs back to your room and use the e-gift card towards your balance.
The gift cards are able to be reloaded....
Gift Card Features
  • Disney Gift Cards have no fees and they don't expire.
  • Available online in set amounts from $25 - $500.
  • Free standard shipping when purchased online.
  • Disney Gift Cards can be reloaded at many locations at Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida, Disneyland® Resort in California, and Disney Store locations in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
  • See Terms & Conditions and our FAQ below for more information.

I’m not sure they can add the email gift card though.

What about soap/shampoo and the like? Can you request more of that from housekeeping if you opt out?

We were thinking we would use the 9 night stay gift card to get a few refillable mugs, I assume you can use the e-card at the snack shop?

You can request things like towels. Depending on the resort I think they have changed the shampoos and such. At Pop they had a large dispenser in the shower so no more freebie sample sized ones. But yes either way if you needed more you could ask for it.

Should have clarified, we're staying at Coronado Springs. The last time we were there this wasn't an option but in 9 nights with 4 family members we are going to go through quite a bit of soap!

We took the $10 per night offer at CSR last December. Did get towels delivered when we called for them as well as shampoo & soaps, but we were in an older room and did not have the dreaded wall dispensers.

Last edited:
If they are still doing this in October, I will forgo mousekeeping, saves me on tips too. It’s only two of us, we don’t make a huge mess.

It was offered to us early last week at CBR. We were only there 2 nights so decided to do it. We got the e-gift card within the hour.

How do I opt into this if I normally bypass the front desk? I haven't been to WDW since May 2017, and this wasn't offered at that time. We stayed at Pop. This time we are at ASMovies.

I’ve done this twice recently. No trouble requesting additional towels and toiletries. Gift card is for $10/night except your first night. Got the emailed gift card almost instantly. I’ll do it again in July.

We took the $10 per night offer at CSR last December. Did get towels delivered when we called for them as well as shampoo & soaps, but we were in an older room and did not have the dreaded wall dispensers.

We haven’t been in awhile, what’s wrong with the wall dispensers? Should we bring our own soap and shampoo?

How do I opt into this if I normally bypass the front desk? I haven't been to WDW since May 2017, and this wasn't offered at that time. We stayed at Pop. This time we are at ASMovies.

On check in day, very important, stop by the Front Desk and tell them you would like to opt out of housekeeping.

I was at POR a week ago...Fri to Wed. I actually had two reservations that they linked once I got to the front desk. The first one was for one night, the second for four nights. When I got to my room, I got a phone call from the CM at the front desk I had just worked with. She asked me if I knew about declining housekeeping. I said yes, and would love to do that if possible. She said I could do it but only for the four night reservation, and it usually didn't include your first night but because I was there for a one night stay prior to the four night stay, she would give me a four night credit. Great. Well....on both Sat and Sun, housekeeping showed up!!! Guess they hadn't gotten the memo. But, I had the gift card in my email.

My mom and I are doing a split stay Nov. 24 to 29 at Coronado and then moving to Movies to Dec. 3. How does the housekeeping credit work when you are changing resorts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!