Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s good you do, but the other side of the coin would be why do you take time out of your day to tell people you love them?
Love and hate are seperate things. If you love something or someone, it's a compliment. If you hate something or someone, its an insult. Complimenting is a nice thing to do. Insulting isn't.

Best wishes to them with their baby. I watched one video once of the 2 of them on a hike somewhere in a forest-y park in Florida. Thought Tim's wife was a little annoying. She was panicking about them being alone in the woods and thought that someone was going to jump out and attack them. I thought, "Man, she probably has some anxiety issues." If somebody is earning a living off of YouTube videos and your YouTube channel is not based on religion & politics, then you should totally avoid ranting about religion & politics. Otherwise, you run the risk of completely alienating part of your viewer base. I mean, they focus a lot on Florida theme parks, right? Keep the religion & politics out of it. Rant about that stuff on your private social media accounts & share with your close friends & family.

I like them both, but honestly lost a bit of interest when they announced the baby. Not that I begrudge them happiness, but the vlogs will now take on a different tone than I am interested in watching. They already toured a baby station.

Disney with kids is just not something I'm interested in but I'm sure for everyone who is the vlogs will still be great!

Weird development but has anyone seen the news about the FCC cracking down on Youtube kids content? I don't think Tim Tracker will fall under the umbrella of kid-targeted since he does dining reviews and home blogs but things like Cookieswirl and Ryan's World will FINALLY get some regulation. Hopefully no more blatant commercials posed falsely as skits.

I saw that someone else that does posts focused on theme parks said their ad revenue was going to drop 80% because of the crack down & YouTube's fine. They said that even though they aren't kid-focused, because their videos are family-friendly and kids enjoy watching theme park videos that YouTube is applying the ad revenue to them as well.

I saw that someone else that does posts focused on theme parks said their ad revenue was going to drop 80% because of the crack down & YouTube's fine. They said that even though they aren't kid-focused, because their videos are family-friendly and kids enjoy watching theme park videos that YouTube is applying the ad revenue to them as well.
Weird. It made sense for the toy reviewers I watch, especially ones that have their own toy lines now. It makes no sense for the theme park people as kids can't exactly buy a WDW trip. I suppose they could pressure the parents, but it's a far cry from spending allowance money on toys.

There are art and crafting videos that clearly do not direct their videos to kids that are worried about it too. I feel bad for them. For many it's their sole source of income.

I am not a hater and honestly wish the best for them. In fact, I used to really enjoy Tim and Jenn's vlogs and looked forward to new content. Really what turned me off is their need to film themselves eating. I just can't. The chewing with their mouths open and talking with their mouths full just got to be too much for me. And all that food that gets stuck in his facial hair. No. Just no. I still try to watch but the minute they start eating, I have to turn it off. I wish someone would advise them on this because it's really off putting and it doesn't need to be. Just basic manners and napkin use.

Really? So anybody who isn’t a fan of something is a hater?

It’s good you do, but the other side of the coin would be why do you take time out of your day to tell people you love them?
Because, typically, when you enjoy some type of entertainment you want to continue watching it and talking about it. If you don't enjoy something, I would imagine you would try to stay away from it and not bother spending time discussing it. That's not the case with a large number of 'Tracker haters', they seem to continue to watch and talk about them for some reason. There's a whole message board of creepy individuals dedicated to exactly that.

I like plenty of movies and TV shows, and occasional discuss them online. I don't like the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows, but I don't spend a second of my free time talking about how much I hate it, while still watching every week for some reason.

Best wishes to them with their baby. I watched one video once of the 2 of them on a hike somewhere in a forest-y park in Florida. Thought Tim's wife was a little annoying. She was panicking about them being alone in the woods and thought that someone was going to jump out and attack them. I thought, "Man, she probably has some anxiety issues." If somebody is earning a living off of YouTube videos and your YouTube channel is not based on religion & politics, then you should totally avoid ranting about religion & politics. Otherwise, you run the risk of completely alienating part of your viewer base. I mean, they focus a lot on Florida theme parks, right? Keep the religion & politics out of it. Rant about that stuff on your private social media accounts & share with your close friends & family.
Aren't the complaints about her that she said something political one time on Twitter (her personal social media acct/your preferred method)? They don't go into politics or religion at all in their videos. You even admitted you only watched 1 video so where did the politics rants come from?

'Keep politics out of it' people are the same people that tell sports media personalities to 'stick to sports'. What they are really saying is 'Keep politics out of it if they aren't the same views as mine!'

I am not a hater and honestly wish the best for them. In fact, I used to really enjoy Tim and Jenn's vlogs and looked forward to new content. Really what turned me off is their need to film themselves eating. I just can't. The chewing with their mouths open and talking with their mouths full just got to be too much for me. And all that food that gets stuck in his facial hair. No. Just no. I still try to watch but the minute they start eating, I have to turn it off. I wish someone would advise them on this because it's really off putting and it doesn't need to be. Just basic manners and napkin use.

Meh...........................

Seriously??

They do a good job of covering and wiping the food when need be, goodness its called a vlog review, part of the fun is watching the faces when eating, especially something they dont like.....

Whats next "the breathing is too loud"......

:charac2:

Aren't the complaints about her that she said something political one time on Twitter (her personal social media acct/your preferred method)? They don't go into politics or religion at all in their videos. You even admitted you only watched 1 video so where did the politics rants come from?

'Keep politics out of it' people are the same people that tell sports media personalities to 'stick to sports'. What they are really saying is 'Keep politics out of it if they aren't the same views as mine!'
*I* never said they complained about politics and religion. Other people made that statement. But IF you're earning a living off of Youtube on basically a Disney/Universal travel theme and IF (IF, ok?) you choose to complain about religion and politics on your public social media accounts, you run the risk of alienating some of your viewer/customer base...which is probably not a wise thing if you are relying on that as a source of income for yourself.

I bumped into Tim while he was making one of the Disney Outlet blogs last year. He was absolutely charming when I approached him. I took a selfie with him and, honestly, he could not have been more lovely.

I watch his Vlogs because it keeps a link for me to WDW when I'm not there.

I don't worry about if people aren't fans of him. I like his videos, watch most, comment on some. In my travels a few weeks ago, I actually passed the dude ranch they went to in Central Florida. Some of the places they go I know I'll never be able to afford, but they're neat to watch.

Jenn has SEVERE anxiety- shd has talked about it before

Back in December 2018 I booked a 2 week stay at HRH UO / AS Movies at WDW for this December (just a few weeks to go!!!) and having not been for nearly 20 years I began searching out videos, reviews, forums etc for hotels, parks, food etc etc.

I found a HRH tour by Tim and have since watched tons of his videos and found them fun and informative - but it's not exclusive. For me The Tim Tracker channel offers a variety of reviews, some sponsored and many not, to me it makes no difference, they are still informative and have helped me hugely in making decisions on what to do and more importantly what not to do.

Likewise here on DIS I have found a wealth of information, help and advise, so I mix all that info up to make informed decisions on our upcoming holiday.

I'm only interested in the parks/attractions/hotels, so I'm over the moon at their news of becoming parents, but I don't follow those particular vlogs.

I'm sure, like many, I have viewed many vlogs and found them absolutely appalling, with horrendous music, jittery filmimg, noise and just very badly presented, but with The Tim Tracker I always find them professionally put together and very watchable.

With regards to the freebies etc, I really don't care. The channel has grown and become more and more popular and they are therefore now invited to events and/or can offer reviews - I've never thought these specific reviews are particularly bias, they just provide information and video footage that people can see for themselves.

I've certainly seen negative reviews in their vids, it's not always positive - especially when discussing prices of merch etc.

For me personally I will continue to watch the channel as well as discuss issues here, as I say, it's not exclusive - every post, video, thread helps to inform and entertain.

I watch their videos not because they have informative vids, but because they are really nice people and I really like them. It's gotten to the point that even if its something I don't really care for I still watch the video, because Tim and Jenn put a smile on my face. Most "haters" seem to hate that they are hosted in some videos. Honestly, if Disney offered me a free cruise or an ABD trip, I would no doubt take it. I don't see how somebody could deny that. They are also on the more honest side with their reviews, which is something I really like about them.

I watch their videos not because they have informative vids, but because they are really nice people and I really like them. It's gotten to the point that even if its something I don't really care for I still watch the video, because Tim and Jenn put a smile on my face. Most "haters" seem to hate that they are hosted in some videos. Honestly, if Disney offered me a free cruise or an ABD trip, I would no doubt take it. I don't see how somebody could deny that. They are also on the more honest side with their reviews, which is something I really like about them.

I think there are some people that do not understand the power of social media and the importance of it for companies.

The Tim Tracker has 723 Thousand Subscribers, so all these people get alerts that a new video has been added and of course there are thousands that see the videos but do not subscribe - that is a huge influence and companies/hotels/restaurants are well aware of it, they therefore invite them now to events etc because they are "influencers" and more importantly people like their videos.

When you have this many subscribers you are going to be noticed more, so it's logical that they are invited to events and given hotel stays etc, it's part and parcel of how things work. However, I still find their reviews very independent.

And yes, they are both hugely likeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter