Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started watching his videos recently and find them fairly entertaining. Then I did a little digging and discovered some message board where people were pretty vitrolic especially to his wife Jenn. I don't quite get it. I'm of the mindset if you don't like what you're watching, just stop watching.

This is lost on many a people today. If you don't like what you're watching, stop watching. If you don't like what you're reading, don't read it. People feel the need to bash, come down hard on, and even in some cases, try, and sometimes succeed in, banning something just because they don't like it. I just don't get it. If I don't like something I'm watching, I simply don't watch it.

This is lost on many a people today. If you don't like what you're watching, stop watching. If you don't like what you're reading, don't read it. People feel the need to bash, come down hard on, and even in some cases, try, and sometimes succeed in, banning something just because they don't like it. I just don't get it. If I don't like something I'm watching, I simply don't watch it.

Yes yes yes. We now live in a world of 24/7 “hot takes.”

People forget that most others don’t care about their opinion.

Yes yes yes. We now live in a world of 24/7 “hot takes.”

People forget that most others don’t care about their opinion.
But you're then assuming anyone cares about the opinion of those making all these "vlogs". :confused3

But you're then assuming anyone cares about the opinion of those making all these "vlogs". :confused3

I couldn't care less if they care or not. It's the constant stream of hot takes all day long on social media that has me exhausted. I was agreeing with the person I quoted.

I couldn't care less if they care or not. It's the constant stream of hot takes all day long on social media that has me exhausted. I was agreeing with the person I quoted.
I have no idea what hot takes are, but find it ironic you say no one cares about their opinion, while ragging on someone for not liking an opinion. :confused3

We were watching their videos over the past year up until the baby entered the narrative. I'm very happy for them and understand why their whole world changed.

We watch Disney experience videos, not baby update and family planning videos. The great thing about their pre-baby was nothing felt forced. Post-baby it views as over-produced and calculated. Not for us anymore.

I have no idea what hot takes are, but find it ironic you say no one cares about their opinion, while ragging on someone for not liking an opinion. :confused3

Huh? Who am I “ragging on?” I know you like to argue, but I’m not getting it.

if you don’t like it, don’t watch it. That’s my motto. I find the constant stream of edgy negativity to be exhausting.

Okay, since we're already down that road: How about Emma the Bookish Princess? I am in no way offended or angered by her, but I have to ask: is she 19 or 37?

Okay, since we're already down that road: How about Emma the Bookish Princess? I am in no way offended or angered by her, but I have to ask: is she 19 or 37?
Haha she is wise beyond her years. And her brother Athos...I almost don't feel smart enough to watch.

She used to be a fairly prolific poster here on the DIS, I'm told. We enjoy her videos. She and her brothers are adorable.

Okay, since we're already down that road: How about Emma the Bookish Princess?

UnlawfulHeartyChanticleer-size_restricted.gif

I too am on the mindset of it you don't like it don't watch it. But I also think if it's the first video of them you are watching try to watch a little of it to get a feel of who they are instead of clicking off after 7 seconds and complaining.

I think the bookish princess (Emma) is adorable. She is so light hearted - my DD 9, loves watching her and her Disney adventures. Same for the Trackers, such a cute, happy couple. I haven't gotten the chance to watch many of these, but the few that I've seen are fun to watch, and I do like the way they "take you along" on their journey. I like these better than watching a group of people sitting in a room just talking about Disney.

We were watching their videos over the past year up until the baby entered the narrative. I'm very happy for them and understand why their whole world changed.

We watch Disney experience videos, not baby update and family planning videos. The great thing about their pre-baby was nothing felt forced. Post-baby it views as over-produced and calculated. Not for us anymore.
I notice this with a lot of vloggers and influencers I follow. I totally get it, but it does change the direction of their content, which isolates some of the viewers who are not interested in that. I'm afraid that this will be the direction of the Trackers going forward. With a new baby, I have to imagine park time will be less or will be very differently focused, which will ultimately change the scope of their content going forward.

My kids love watching him. I am annoyed by him, simply because of how often I have had to hear him/of him from my kids. But, I simply don't watch. People who spread negativity suck.

Quoting myself..

Shortly after I posted the above, my younger son asked me to rub his back one night as he was falling asleep. So, I laid down on his bed and he popped TTT up on YouTube while I did so. And....I got hooked. Now, I can't go to sleep at night without watching a few episodes. :rolleyes1

I find them very soothing, and I adore Jenn. She and I have some of the same struggles, and I find her charming. I HATE watching people eat, but they don't bug me. I just find their calm, wholesome lives....calming.

I'm not one for drama or even like to insert myself into controversy but I'm throwing my 2 cents to the ring on this one.

I dont know the trackers or met them but my co-workers has. He was in line behind them at HHN and said they were super duper nice and weren't stuck up at all. The people you see on the videos is exactly who they were, very down to earth.

Unlike MANY disney Youtubers who have a PO box on their channel to send free stuff to. They dont have a PO box anymore. Instead, they set up a fund for give the kids the world and have raised enough money for 3 kids wishes.

They just gave a sizable donation to another disney youtuber that has been diagnosed with cancer and doesn't have medical insurance. I only know this because I donated to her and saw their names on the list, I havent seen them make mention of this anywhere, like hey, look what amazing people we are!

So if they're not your cup of tea then fine, dont watch them but I personally just dont see them as people who are just in it to get free stuff and are all about themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter