Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate this crap. Every single day when I'm watching.... say the haters.

LOL. We love the Tim Tracker. Jenn has definitely quieted down on Twitter.

Pre-free stuff Tim and post-free stuff Tim are the same person. Mostly positive, but honest when something isn't good.
Not sure why people are worried about bias due to stuff being free, when the vlogger was already a huge Disney/Universal fan to begin with? The bias was already there. Just enjoy the content and use the info how you wish. OR, don't consume the content at all.

It's CookieSwirlC, who basically does the same.
CookieSwirl has it easy too as she never vlogs using her face, just her hands, easier to avoid drama, but her videos are just paid toy ads really. Some even contain limited editions supplied by the company that are in 'random toy packs' with no stated odds on getting them. She talks in a squeaky voice to appeal to kids and even plays with the toys and makes them talk. There are worse channels that directly lie about products "I opened this blind bag toy and it had a hundred dollar bill inside!" "Opening this rare Hatchimal! It's one of only five limited edition!" (It's actually just spray painted and glittered.) Warning: Parents, supervise how your kids use youtube, if you let them. Insist on watching things as a family so you can see what it's like and talk about it with them. It's amazing how many adults have no idea why their kid wants the new 200$ toy and how they learned about it.

The first (and only) Tim Tracker vlog I watched was the DCL one. In the first 10 minutes there were multiple times when misinformation was given. I haven't had any desire to check out any of his other vlogs as a result.

Interesting thread.

I’m somewhere in the middle.

When I found his channel I started to watch daily and enjoyed it a lot. You start to notice though that Tim really passes a lot of duff information.

What I did notice was that whenever Jenn was in a video, I just didn’t enjoy them. No idea why, I think it may be an act where she plays dumb asking ridiculous questions so Tim can answer them on behalf of the viewer.

The Twitter stuff with Jenn wasn’t great. She piled into a thread and accused the wrong person of wrong doing and created drama.

She is actually still reading though. I posted one friendly tweet asking about the impromptu meet and greet the other week at Hallowe’en and I am not kidding here, Jenn blocked me. Never tweeted her before or mentioned her.

Anyone criticising them or being horrible because of their baby or issues need to have a good look at themselves and in my opinion are nothing but scum.

Tbh they lost me when they started being #hosted - anything that has that tag is a waste of time. Anyone that doesn’t realise they are compromised doesn’t understand the way the world works or doesn’t want to know.

I wish them and their newborn well. I think their channel will need to adapt, maybe drop to a couple of vlogs a week of higher quality? But I guess when YouTube is your job, you are caught with a difficult decision to make. Their views have dropped, I think less is more may help them greatly.

Anyway, the answer for me was simple. Just move on and watch someone else.

Tbh they lost me when they started being #hosted - anything that has that tag is a waste of time. Anyone that doesn’t realise they are compromised doesn’t understand the way the world works or doesn’t want to know.

It was discussed up-thread a bit, but generally speaking, I have found their sponsored videos to be more informative rather than opinionated. They refrain from saying whether they like or don't like something and more so give the facts, show the layout/elements, etc. The viewer is still given information about the place or event featured in the video and can draw their own conclusions about whether it would be right for them. Its a different vibe than a review-based video, but I wouldn't write off the sponsored videos simply because they don't result in a conclusion from the Trackers.

Also, to be clear, I'm not a Tracker apologist. I don't watch regularly and there are things I don't like. But I understand that this is their sole source of income now, so I can't fault them for the sponsored videos. I just watch them through a different lens, taking in the information rather than their opinion.

Good post. Remember it was their choice to do this full time and give up their jobs.

I just think personally their time has passed now.

Bottom line though is they have been bought. Can’t blame them really. It would take balls to refuse an offer like that when it’s your sole income.

Contacting hotels offering obviously positive reviews in return for a freebie is totally out of order though. They did this when going to a wedding in south Florida. Like they are going to get a free stay and then say anything negative!

Remember it was their choice to do this full time and give up their jobs.
Yes, good point. I would do it too if I could though! lol!

Contacting hotels offering obviously positive reviews in return for a freebie is totally out of order though. They did this when going to a wedding in south Florida. Like they are going to get a free stay and then say anything negative!
Yes, I agree that any video (from any YouTuber) that gives a glowing review while acknowledging the stay was for free should lose credibility. I wouldn't watch videos like that either. I didn't see the South Florida videos personally, but of the sponsored videos I have seen, luckily none of them were in that same vein.

Weird development but has anyone seen the news about the FCC cracking down on Youtube kids content? I don't think Tim Tracker will fall under the umbrella of kid-targeted since he does dining reviews and home blogs but things like Cookieswirl and Ryan's World will FINALLY get some regulation. Hopefully no more blatant commercials posed falsely as skits.

I hate this crap. Every single day when I'm watching.... say the haters.

LOL. We love the Tim Tracker. Jenn has definitely quieted down on Twitter.

Pre-free stuff Tim and post-free stuff Tim are the same person. Mostly positive, but honest when something isn't good.
Not sure why people are worried about bias due to stuff being free, when the vlogger was already a huge Disney/Universal fan to begin with? The bias was already there. Just enjoy the content and use the info how you wish. OR, don't consume the content at all.
Anyone that creates a YouTube channel automatically opens themselves up to criticism. They have compounded their problems by performing food reviews. There is no accounting for taste.

So wait, what political stuff did Jenn say? We watched them occasionally for a couple of years but stopped watching them about a year ago because we just started to get bored with them. I do think they started to focus on “stuff.”

So wait, what political stuff did Jenn say? We watched them occasionally for a couple of years but stopped watching them about a year ago because we just started to get bored with them. I do think they started to focus on “stuff.”

I don't want to violate board rules so I won't get specific, but she has expressed her disdain for the current administration and has made remarks about religion as well. Religion and politics are no-no's, especially when your livelihood is reliant on your image.

She has just got herself in to issues that she should have just ignored. They want a following and to not have to work. Unfortunately they are going to gain people who do not like them. Like anybody who has any type of following.

Calling people haters or jealous is so millennial and cheap. They arn’t at all, just see things differently as is their right. As long as you treat people with respect.

On Twitter she should just never have responded or like mentioned jumped in without reading correctly and caused problems for someone who didn’t do anything. It’s happened numerous times.

Jenn is still on Twitter though, like I say I quoted a very fair question someone had asked and she blocked me.

When their child arrives they are in for a shock I think. In terms of how hard it is, never mind needing to go out daily simply to film something to put food on the table. I strongly suspect they are going to constantly make videos about their kid and keep subs up that way. Not great if they do.

Like I posted, they should reduce their videos and concentrate on quality over the god awful home vlogs and restaurant reviews. The close ups as they eat isn’t pleasant . At least eat with your mouth closed !

they should reduce their videos and concentrate on quality over the god awful home vlogs and restaurant reviews.

I don't disagree with this. Back when they committed to a video once a day, it was something no other vlogger could say they did and I think their following has grown the most as a result of this output. But once the baby is here, I think scaling back to maybe 3-4 videos of good length and quality per week may be easier on them. It would also prevent them from "taking the day off" as they sometimes have to announce when they have reasons why they can't get a video out on a given day (i.e. doctor appointments most recently, illness, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter