anyone on the wonder 11/21/04?

I do think I am cursed. Everything I seem to do for this trip goes wrong. I had my nails done and they were so bad that they had to be taken off and I had to pay someone else to do them again. I got a pedicure on Thursday night and the polish is all chipping off already (that has never happened before). I think I am getting a big cold sore right at the top of my mouth and I have a lot of stuff pulled out but nothing actually in a suitcase yet. Now I am ready for the counter to slow down a little.

I also realized that our flight will be from 11:15 until 3:50 with out getting off the plane. It is jet blue and they don't serve lunch. I am trying to think of ideas to bring for my husband and I (the kids are easy). I don't really like sandwiches that get smooshed around all day in my bag. Any ideas?

Linda

Linda: First off ...............you are not cursed. If everything was perfect what would you have to look forward to? Jonathan's sore throat turned into a cold. He has a raving lunatic for a mother. I keep saying take this and now this. Don't touch anything, use a seperate towel. You are lucky that you have a direct flight !!! I am sooooo jealous !! We have to get up at 4:30. Leave at 6:30. Flight leaves around 9. We get into Detroit at 10:38. We don't even leave there till 1:45 and finally arrive Orlando at 4:17. The Hotel is only a little over an hour away !!!:teeth:

o.k to answer your question.............my suggestion is to buy something just before you get on the airplane. MCdonalds or a salad anything you want they will wrap it up to go. Most airlines offer food that you can buy now. I do believe that they are subs though. I remember I had a long flight one time and got a chicken salad to go and as soon as we took off I took it out to eat. I felt really bad for the person sitting next to me. He just kept staring at my salad. ::yes:: I knew what he was thinking. It was the best chicken salad I ever had. It's ashame the airlines stopped serving food. We have to fend for ourselves. Tina

Where did the weekend go???????????? I had BIG plans to get all the packing done:Pinkbounc

Well, here it is Monday afternoon and although I have the clothes picked out, nothing has made it into a suitcase yet. Figure I have five bags to pack .... one for the train ride down, one for our day at the Yacht Club on Sat.; luggage for the cruise; a bag for the two days at the Poly following the cruise and one for the ride home .... if I do one each night I should be okay:earseek:

School nurse just called and one DS is being sent home sick ... now the fun begins ... let's hope it doesn't run through the house, with four kids I'll be out of days by the time Friday comes!!!! Although better this week than next

Hope everyone who is getting ready to leave has a great time.

See you all on Sunday!

Maureen

Bleh. I have so much to do tomorrow. I was suppose to do some stuff today, but just didn't have the energy. Had strange dreams last night about the ship... like.. the beds were only 2 inches apart and stacked on top of each other (don't ask...)

I need to finish packing, can't let DH do it.. he never packs right, I always end up doing it over again. I did however, manage to get my door sign printed! I was trying to explain why I was making them to DH's co-worker. I don't think she quite got it.

I have to do a whole week's worth of school work tomorrow for one of my courses. I made the mistake before of trying to upload my homework on a dial up connection.. it wasn't pretty! Besides, who wants to do HOMEWORK when you're at DISNEY!?

Anyways.. off to clean out the fridge! Fun, huh?

Hope y'all are doing good!
becca

Linda - Bagels are a good thing... just make sure you have them sealed in *plastic* for the flight (as soon as they come out, they'll start drying out right off... it's amazing just how hard bread products can become, and how fast, in an airplane).

And whoever the other one is who's panicking about both school and packing... you're not the only one. I've got a presentation tomorrow, and I've got to try to hand in what's due next week as well (I don't think it'll happen in class, I think it'll have to be e-mailed either Wednesday or Thursday). I'm *not* having fun yet.

OTOH, I can't wait until we're actually on the ship and I can relax, knowing that I *can't* do anything about the housework, I'm *only* bringing a few children's books to read for my child lit class, no other homework (I hope... for me at least), and if we're on the ship, that means I didn't forget anything *important*.

Meanwhile, I've got at *least* through Friday night to continue my panic... um.. guess I ought to get back to finishing up the presentation stuff.... :rolleyes:

Hello All,

The day is almost here! We're done packing most things. Football and soccer is over, team parties over. We drive our dog to his pet lodge Wednesday afternoon, get the two older boys to karate, then drive to LAX and catch the red-eye out from L.A. nonstop. I hope the boys get some rest on the plane. We land in Orlando and head straight to BC resort. We booked concierge level in hopes of getting the rooms early so we can freshen up before we take off to MK.

The weather forecast looks good in Orlando not sure about the port. Only my oldest DS has a slight cough so hopefully we'll makle it through without any illnesses. Our weather here suddenly turned warm-back in the high 70's from being in the low 60's. This weather change has given my DW and I coughs and sneezes.

We've decided on Sunady 11/21 to rent a car and drive to the port early rather than wait for the transfer bus. Does anyone know if we can send luggage to the port with the disney bus since we paid for ground transfers - or is it best to keep luggage with us and tag it when we get to the port-any suggestions?

We're looking forward to meeting all of you tag buddies. Especially Tina, the bride-you've been so generous. We'll be the family with the Go Packers symbol. We want to wish everyone a wonderful, safe and blessed send-off. Everyone take care and get some rest.

Se ya'll at the terminal. Take care

Dennis & Leslie

Becca: Thanks for reminding me about the fridge.:rolleyes: One more thing I have to add to my list. I have one for ya........Did you make arrangements to have your mail put on hold? You guys are the ones who leep me so organized ! :sunny:

Maureen: Hope your DS gets better soon. I have been giving my son Airbourne. It cuts the cold in half when the first sign shows up. It is nothing but loaded with vitimans. It is also reccomended to take 1 hour before flying because of the germs.

Cozit: Good luck getting your presntation done !!

Dennis & Leslie: See what I wrote above to Maureen that could help you also. I will look for you at the terminal. Now I just want to understand this...........I am not looking for someone who is wearing cheese heads right? :rotfl: I couldn't help myself sorry. I don't know a packer fan who doesn't have a cheese head. You won't be able to miss me. I will be with a guy who is 5'6 and HE will be carrying a bridal bag that is 73 inches long.:teeth: Here is your send off.:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: You must be so excited to get this vacation started. Have a good flight down. Tina

Dennis & leslie: I just realized I didn't answer your question.:( This is just my opinion. I don't think Disney would let you check the luggage without you getting on the bus due to security reasons. Kinda like the airlines. If your not on the plane then your luggage can't be. I agree that you should rent a car. You will get there earlier. I would call DCL and see if you can cancel the transfer and try to get some kind of credit back now rather then after the fact. Good luck. Hope that helps. Tina

Jeannine: Your counter is down to one day !! Here is your send off.:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Enjoy your trip down. I really can't believe everyone is leaving me !!

To Everyone who is left............I have been checking the bahamas weather EVERYDAY. ::yes:: EVERYDAY just to see if it changed :hyper: it hadn't so I thought I would pass it on to you. Monday and Tuesday is going to be BEAUTIFUL !! partly cloudy 83. You still can get real bad sunburn in that. So be careful. The funny thing is it's calling for rain almost everyday up to Monday. :sunny: The port weather no rain partly cloudy. The temp changes. High 70' to 80. Tina

good morning all,

To all of you that are leaving soon, safe trip. Our flight leaves Saturday morning at 10:00. We've also been checking the weather looks great in the Bahamas, of course it is still a little early to be exact.

With the change in plans we were short with park tickets so last evening ran over to the Disney Store to pick them up. Stopped for dinner at the newly opened Cheesecake Factory; wouldn't recommend it - meal took forever to arrive, it was luke warm and not that tasty.

Dennis & Leslie, I agree that they probably won't let you drop the luggage off with the bus. You'll find it just as easy to drop at the terminal. Someone will take it right at the curb for you. We're renting a car from Budget. I'll drop the gals and luggage and then head over to drop off the car. When I come back either they will have a place for me in line or I will just check myself in. I think that is easiest. We don't intend to leave WDW until 11:00 or so. Probably won't see most of you in the terminal.

As soon as we get on the ship we're headed to the Palo dinner reservation line, will catch up with you around 3:15. I'll be wearing a UVa hat, DD will most likely be wearing something from UConn.

We're jealous of those who have the short countdown clocks! Safe trip.

Russ & Ethel

Tina, we've got someone coming in to check on our cat, so she'll grab our mail as well. My mother in law sent down her camcorder for us, hopefully it comes in today's mail!.

DS has decided that he doesn't want to go to school today.. he wants to leave early to go to Disney! I told him it doesn't work that way.. he's pouting ;)

So much to do... so little time!

Catch everyone later!
becca

Just wanted to remind everyone who was still here...

don't forget to print out a copy of the names for DIStag! I almost forgot myself.. but am printing a copy to put in with my door signs!

becca

Becca: Thanks for the reminder ! Next post will have the list.

Also: Brunch for people who signed up and didn't catch it. The date and time is Wednesday Nov. 24th 10:30 Tina

Updated List for people to bring with them.

Norman Friedman-Deck 2
Lilo5- Nerissa Deck2
DisneyPoly-Maureen Deck2
Zack&alexmom- Linda Deck5
Daveskier- Dave Deck 6
Dlspell- Deb Deck 6
Garfield29-Jeannine Deck 6
Castoff-Tina Deck 7
Cozit- Liz Deck 7
NJHOO-Russ Deck 7
beccas334-becca Deck7
Minnie1000 Mary Deck 7
Disneynotes- Shelley Deck 8
Packers04- Dennis Deck 8

Thanks so much for the list reminder and updated list -- I'm printing it now.

I also appreciate the weather update!!!!

I'm going crazy here at work thinking about everything I need to do at home:crazy:

Hope it's a good day for everyone::yes::

OK - I am in full panic mode trying to figure out how to get everythng done. Our internet connection went back down yesterday which is screwing everything up. Door signs are half done. Packing is nowhere near done. I am starting with another migraine today and I am just hoping that I can cut it off before it turns into a full blown one.

I can't wait to meet everyone - I am going to miss you guys for the next few days.(although I will probably be so wiped out by the parks that I might not notice so much). I wish everyone a safe trip down and will see you all there. I will try to check in again later if we get the internet fixed. Bye guys!!!

Linda

P.S. - Thanks for the food ideas - I'm bringing some cheese & crackers(cleaned out the fridge) and some snacks. That should hold us.

Hello all,

Tina- thanks or the send off. Since I don't think I'll have time to post tomorrow I'm going to give you an early send off.:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Tomorrow is going to be very busy. Jason(ds9) has band lessons in school.So I have to take him and his drum to school. Our dog has to be at the kennel between 8:30 and 9:30. Thank goodness it's just a few miles from the school. I need to get the key to the next door neighbor so she can look in on our cat. Then my DH and I have to be back up at the school for a parent teacher confrence at 11:30. I really love going on vacation but the things that need to be done before you go can drive you:crazy: !

Have a great afternoon
Jeannine

Hi Everyone, I know there aren't too many people left. I just wanted to say I really apprediated the info I have gotten on these boards, even though I have not participated very much. For those of you that still have to make the trip to FLa I wish you a safe and happy trip. You will love the Fla weather, it is acually Perfect !! I have heard the cruise weather should also be nice. Will be happy to meet everyone VERY soon. Mary :earsgirl:

Migraine all day!!! Almost packed. Change in plans - my Uncle went to the Dr. and was told his arteries are really clogged again and he must avoid any strenuos exercise until he can be operated on, so he can't come and spend the day with us at Disney. It also means that he is not bringing us a car so we have had to rent a car to get from Disney to the port and then from the port to West Palm Beach when we get back. Hope all is well with everyone and I hope that everyone has a safe trip down.

Linda

Yikes Linda! Hope all goes well with your Uncle!

My mother in law called at 530 this morning... scared poor DH out of his mind.. to wish us a good trip.

Oh darn! I knew I was going to forget something... never made my little necklace mickey head! Regardless... I'll be the one with the Grumpy shirt and birthday pin at the port!

Hope everyone has a great trip!
becca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter