Anyone for the 12/12/04 Wonder??

Goofyforlife, Thanks for the information. If we decide to
go to MVMCP, we're planning on going Dec. 16 - the
day we get off the ship too.

If you want to experience the Disney snow type entertainment for free, visit the city of Celebration. Every night in Dec they turn they downtown into a winter wonderland. Lots of things for the kids to do and parking is free, as well as most of the activities. My wife and I go every year when we are in WDW.

Good restuarants there as well. But for us that are on a tight budget, free is good.

JJ

bossladypu and goofyforlife - I'm praying for a cheerful tomorrow for you!! I always get anxiety at this point before we go on a big vacation because I have to go from happily planning to actually having to get my act together. Also, I go from optimistically hoping that the finaces will all fall into place to realizing that there are fewer paychecks now that need to make it all happen. I have never come back from a vacation feeling sorry that I went, so I'm going to stay positive and try to cheer you up and cheer you on too!!!! It is kind of like a marathon, isn't it? Once we cross the finish line (enter the terminal) on December 12th it will be soooo worth it!

bossladypu - I'll be praying for daughter too!!! I wouldn't worry about the crowds. Your granddaughters are going to have a blast and that will make it soooo worth it. Concerning the pool - I read some info about when to use it like first day after lunch, early in the morning, day in Nassau, etc...plus there's so many other things for them to do. If you're like me this info isn't all that helpful. You just need a little time to shake the pre-vacation anxiety blues, but I wanted to let you know that you're not alone!!!

goofyforlife - "Fredneck"...LOL...ROFL...LOL..I'm from Maryland too.

Music777.com - Thanks for the info about Celebration. I read a bit about that a while ago and totally forgot about it. I really hope to make it there!

Take care all!
Brigitte

From reading the threads on the Cruise board, looks like our docs might be coming soon!!!! That will be exciting!

We are doing MVMCP 12/7, but I haven't bought tickets yet. I'm watching the 15-day forecast, because we could move it to either 12/5 or 12/9 if we have to. If that's my biggest worry today, I want my life!!! LOL!

Thanks for the tip about Celebration. We have never visited there.

Patti - we're doing the 12/7 MVMCP too!!! I did gamble and buy the tickets, but you're smart to wait. I'm trying to decide if I should hold off on taking my girls to MK until that night. They've been 3 times before when it wasn't Christmas, so I really wanted them to be surprised by the change. Is that night going to be your first time at MK this vacation? We're getting in the Saturday before and to have to wait until Tuesday evening to go to MK may be really difficult for me.

Brigitte

Thanks everyone for your comments and the info about
Celebration. I feel a little better today. My daughter had a good
day yesterday so I think my moods are set by how she feels.
I think this cruise will be so good for her. I hope she can relax
and get some much needed sleep. I know my husband and I
slept like babies on the two cruises we were on. I think I'm
going to take the plunge and call WDW today and order MVMCP
tickets for Dec. 16. I think you guys are right about going to
the Mickey pool early on the day we board. I think we're going
to eat first, go check the girls into the Oceanear Club and then
head straight for the pool and stay there until right before the
drill. I can't wait to meet everyone.

Gail

Hi Brigitte!

Our plans are fairly flexible right now on most things. We have Cindy breakfast on 12/6, so I know we'll be at the MK that morning, but otherwise we are leaving the MK mostly for the MVMCP. We have 5-consecueitve day UO passes, so that will take our time until we get on the Wonder, but the early half of our vacation is pretty open right now. It's not like me to have no plans, not many PS's, etc. I'm using all of my obsessive compulsive energy on the cruise portion this time! LOL!!!

We are doing 12/7, because it leaves us 12/9 to do it again (just my family of five) if we really love it, or just want to...

I think we are doing MVMCP on the 16th also. The 16th is our 10th wedding aniv. (Which is what we are celebrating on this trip. Does anyone know what time you can go into the park? The ticket says 7:00 or 7:30 I think. But I have read on these boards that they will let you in as early as 4:00.
Brigette- I am from MD too and my daughter's name is Bridget.

Gail - I'm so glad to hear you're feeling a little better. I hope everything works our perfectly for you and your family!!

Patti - We're doing UO too, but after the cruise. I'm already starting to worry that my girls are going to expect this kind of vacation every year.

CheapMom - So wonderful to hear that so many Maryland families will be aboard. Okay, so I only know of 3, but that's really neat!!!

I must tell you all that saw the UPS man leave the neighborhood as I was coming in this afternoon and I just knew he delivered my docs. So I parked and darted to the porch before the girls could get out of the van. Well, no such luck. I looked hard too!! We leave in 11 days, so I guess I'm a bit anxious.

I did manage to stay off the boards today and do some decluttering. I cleaned out our toiletry cabinet and found all kinds of stuff I forgot I was stashing in there (new toothbrushes, shampoo,etc...). I was so excited. I love it when I surprise myself..LOL!!

Has anyone started/finished packing?

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!!

Brigitte

I spoke to AllSeas today, since we leave 12/2 and I have been concerned about the docs. Several weeks ago I called, and they arranged to have my docs sent right from DCL.

Anyway...she called DCL while I was on hold, and was assured the docs will be in the mail TOMORROW!!!! Hope this is true, and I'll get them on Black Friday or so. She said they use UPS two-day express, so I'll be looking near the end of the week.

Can't wait! That will really make it seem real. Now I really should get to packing, or get to Christmas shopping, or address the Christmas cards, or anything else that isn't reading these boards!!!

Haven't gotten mine yet either....

but when I talked to someone at DCL on Saturday they said they were mailed out already......perhaps tomorrow?

I need to stop obsessing over these boards and the trip and get some work done "at work that is".

Does anyone else obsess that "x" number of overtime hours will get them a massage on castaway cay?

I got my docs yesterday afternoon. The FedEx lady was rather surprised when I told her she was my new best friend!

I'm finished with all of my business travel, had to change my schedule slightly due to some crises in my office, so I have to work every day next week (I was supposed to be off Thursday and Friday), but I was able to add those two days to the other end of my vacation, so I have to work 1/2 day on Christmas Eve, and that's it for the rest of the year!

My son and his family had to cancel their trip to WDW at the last minute because he and my daughter-in-law both got long awaited promotions at the last minute and will both be in training, but that's wonderful news for them, and it means that we'll just have to start planning our spring trip the minute we get back. They'll be able to cruise with us next time, which they couldn't do now!

Instead of trying to set up a meet at this point (and if someone wants to do it, I'll be glad to join in and attend, I just have too many crises in the office to try to do anything else this coming week), I will be in room 5634. Please call and we'll arrange to meet anyone who wants to chat. I can't wait to meet you all!

Have a wonderful Thanskgiving, and I'll see everyone on December 12!

Beth

AllSeas told me they couldn't get me my docs before I leave on the 2nd. So I hope to find them at the AKL when we check in on Dec. 7th. I hope they don't lose them.

JJ

Doing the docs dance!!!

Now I can breath!!! We leave on 12/2, and I was starting to worry.

How come everyone else could get their docs but AllSeas said they couldn't get mine before I leave on 12/2. I don't get to do the Doc Dance. It is probably for the best since it would scare small childeren to see me dance.

JJ

JJ - As of today, 11/27 I haven't received my docs yet either. I booked through DCL directly so I called them today. They said they were mailed out Monday, 11/22, with UPS. They provided me with the tracking number. I checked with UPS and I'll be getting my docs Monday, 11/29. I think UPS considered Thursday and Friday a holiday, hence the delay. If you really want your docs before you leave, I would call AllSeas and ask them to "Next Day" them to you as I'm sure they will be getting your docs on Monday as well. Hope this helps!!

Brigitte

jbbt said:
JJ - As of today, 11/27 I haven't received my docs yet either. I booked through DCL directly so I called them today. They said they were mailed out Monday, 11/22, with UPS. They provided me with the tracking number. I checked with UPS and I'll be getting my docs Monday, 11/29. I think UPS considered Thursday and Friday a holiday, hence the delay. If you really want your docs before you leave, I would call AllSeas and ask them to "Next Day" them to you as I'm sure they will be getting your docs on Monday as well. Hope this helps!!

Brigitte

Brigitte,

I did call on last Friday and ask to have them sent directly from DCL. I was told they would not be able to do that for me. I wonder if it has to do with the agent you talk to. I am sure it is to late now, but that seems kind of funny that they couldn't overnite mine to me.

JJ

Got our docs wednesday night !!!! :cool1:

(no embarkment form but I hear that's been normal lately...)

I have tons of work to finish before I go on vacation. (gotta find time to start packing. I think I have everything but its just a matter of getting it together.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter