Anyone for the 12/12/04 Wonder??

Did everyone see were only 31 days away? (ok 32 till cruise)

I prefer to look at how many paydays are left (not enough)!!!

We're leaving a day earlier than my countdown shows, and spending six nights at WDW before we cruise. I can't wait. It's cold here today, I have too much work to do before I leave the office today, since I won't be back for 2 1/2 weeks, and I WANT TO GO ON MY CRUISE!!!!

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you once we board the ship!

Beth

I can't believe this! I was sure I knew where all the birth certificates were, and now I can't find two of the kids. How is this possible? I've used them for school, insurance, scouting!!! AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!

So I just ordered the two of them from vitalchek. Somebody please reassure me I'll get them in time! I'm a little freaked out (and VERY angry at myself!!!). We leave in three weeks for Florida, and vitalchek says 8-10 business days for shipping.

PattiPB,

I'm glad your DH found your BC's. My DH always comes through in a pinch like that like. I wrote you and said I got a BC from Vitalchek in 5 days, but then TVGuy wrote that Vitalcheck's BCs are not always certified and could be worthless. I'm started to freak out a little, but I do know that it has a raised seal (albeit, slightly raised) and is on muticolored paper, so I think I'm safe. I'm just so glad you found them!!!!!

Brigitte

I'm happy to hear you found them too...

I once misplaced my daughters and had to get it...

We lived in PA at the time.....

In that state you can just go to your state representative's office and give them the 5-10$ for the certified copy and it only took me a week to get even though I told them I wasn't in a real hurry.

Since that time...I always make sure I know where the BC's are in the house....(can't tell you where anything else is though)

I'm thrilled DH found them. I should have known he'd come through!

When he found them, I was online with Southwest airlines checking flights to go back to Jersey to pick them up in person!!!! LOL!!!! I kept saying "$200 for a flight is better than losing all the cruise money!!!" Yup...I was panicked!

Now, back to the rest of my obsessive planning...

I THINK THERE ARE GOING TO BE LOTS OF KIDS on our cruise. Disney and cruiselocators won't let you make ressies with kids (age 4 & 7) any longer. (Maybe it is just that there are no staterooms for 4 left) Also category 12, 7, 4 are sold out. There is only one cabin in cat 10 and around 6 cabins left in the other categorys.
I thought the ship would be sailing light but I guess not.

When I made my reservation in August, my TA told me that the ship was pretty well sold out! We usually go Cat. 11, but the lowest available at that time was a Cat. 7, so we're trying out a verandah this time. We only need a cabin for 2, so we can squeeze in anywhere!

I wonder if a group has reserved a large block of rooms? Last year when we cruised, there was a huge group (and a can't remember who they were), and they had reserved most of the rooms on the ship.

Beth

I just booked on 10/19 and I got a cat. 9 There were plenty left at that time. Mid ship was taken, but we got what looks to be a decent location. I tried to search recently and didn't see anything available coming up either. I heard they open it up to emplyees of the airline industry at very reduced rates at a certain point.

I'm sure you'll love the verandah!

Brigitte

According to AllSeas the other day when I checked, every category was still available...hhhmmmmmm...

All I care about is that I have a cabin. Full ship or not, I am there.

JJ

Allseas does not offer online booking so their information does not need to be kept as up to date as those who will actually let you reserve a stateroom online. (They show pricing for cruises that have already sailed and returned- so I think their site shows pricing - not availability.)

I can't stand it! All I can think about is this cruise. We're going to the parks bfore the cruise, but I can't make myself think about or plan for that. Who else is going to the parks before the cruise?

Brigitte

Okay this shows how obsessive I am. I looked up the phase of the moon for our cruise. It will be a new moon which evidentally means not much of a moon. I bet the Lord will make the stars extra bright to compensate:).

Brigitte

We are doing WDW (5 days) and UO (5 days) prior to the cruise with my parents, my sister and her family. Then the five of us and my parents are going on the cruise and my sister is going home. I'm really looking forward to having two completely separate, and completely AWESOME, vacations back to back!!!

We are renting a huge house for the 11 of us, so we're going from a lot of room to ittybittylivingspace, but I don't care!!!

I have so much I'm looking forward to, I can't think straight! (Hence the birth certificate nightmare!!! LOL!)

BUMP

Our trip is too close not to stay on the first page!!!

If I could stay off of these boards, maybe I would actually get some packing done. I told my DH that I work better in crunch mode. He disagreed, LOL. Okay, so maybe he doesn't work better when I'm in crunch mode.

Hope everyone is getting excited!!!

Brigitte

I'm going through the worry phase now where all I can think of is negative. I think that's because I'm still sick and my daughter isn't doing very well so I'm depressed. I'm worried that WDW will be so busy when we go there, we won't have a good time. I'm worried that the ship is going to be too crowded for the grand-daughters to enjoy the pools, etc. I'm hoping I hurry up and get out of this mood, so I can enjoy it. The one positive thing that keeps me going is I love Christmas decorations and so I can't wait to see them on the cruise ship. I've seen them plenty of times at WDW world, but never on the ship.

bossladypu - hope you feel better........ If it makes you feel better...I'm a little bummed right now too...

Our money is tight right now...If it weren't for our DVC points...we wouldn't be cruising....so the money we spend for rental car, food, etc essentially is our christmas....

I'm a pretty good pincher but this last year has been hard.....

Anyway...... you guys are going to love the cruise.....

The weather will be great.....(ok at least 30-40 degrees warmer than the NE states) CC will be great...... Kids love it there..get plenty of beach time even if it's only to lay in a chair or hammock.

The pools do get crowded but the kids at Mickey's pool almost thrive on it being crowded....

The only thing keeping me going right now is this counter below.....

Goofyforlife, Thanks for your post. I'm sorry your bummed too.
I know exactly what you mean about money. That's another
reason I'm bummed (but didn't want to admit it). Everything
that financially can go wrong has. My husband just hit a deer with
our 2nd vehicle and that set us back a bit. I noticed on your
counter that it said MVMCP. Are you guys going and if so when?
I've been thinking about it, but have always gone the on the first
few nights, so was afraid the last two nights would be packed.
The only reason I will be able to afford it, is we've decided to
cancel our Ron Jon Reservations and stay at Motel 6. So that
saves us 100.00.

Hey, if you have money to stay at Motel 6... Then try priceline for a 3 star at the airport...... We have gotten the Marriott 2x's for about $40 each time. (Bid was $33 - 42 after taxes and such.)

Not to bust on Motel 6 but If you can get a Marriott type hotel for the same price......

Maybe priceline works in cape canaveral/cocoa too. (look on the biddingfortravel.com website for more info.)

As for MVMCP...we are going on the 16th....
Thur is a cheaper point night for DVC stays and we were able to get a studio for one night at the WL.

We originally weren't going but my dh and I have never seen the x-mas parades and snow.....(we did see the beginnings of decorations last Thanksgiving, though) My dd, age 11, who is staying home with DGM and DGP, has been to MVMCP 2x's though so we don't feel all that guilty leaving her home....

(AH...to be Jaded by Disney at such a young age.)

I saw on the boards that people said you could get in the parks at 4:00 pm with the MVMCP pass... so eight hours at the park for under $40 each didn't seem like a bad deal. (and my disney visa points are going to pay for most of dinner at the LTT.)

If you want to go, I would order them soon, because I hear they will sell out closer to the dates. I thought the 16th shouldn't be as bad as the 17th since it is still a school night for Floridians.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter