Anyone for the 12/12/04 Wonder??

MajorWoody

The View From My Office
Hello all,

Jeanne & I will be doing an 8 day ( we added an extry day upfront) Land/Sea package, cruising for four nights on the Wonder on the 12th of December after 4 nights enjoying the Beach Club.

That way we get to catch most of Mousfest, and also get a nice cruise.

Anyone else going at that time?

Take care,

Bill

My wife and I will be there.

What is Mousefest?

It's not going to interfere with my wonderful stay at the AKL is it?

JJ

I guess I have seen people discussing the cruise before the festivities and didnt think much of it since we are on the cruise the week after and during the last two days.

JJ

Hello all!

We will be at WDW/UO from 12/2-12/12, then onboard the Wonder!! We will have about a dozen people for the first ten days for a mini-family reunion. On 12/12, we leave for the Wonder with my family of 5 and my parents. This cruise is our present to my parents. They are very seasoned cruisers, but never DCL, and DH and I have cruised once before (not DCL).

Our kids will be DD10, and DS's 8 & 6. They know all about the reunion, but have NO CLUE about the cruise. We won't tell them until they see the ship on the horizon. They think I'm doing advance planning for Dec. 05!!!

What a great suprise. My wife knows everything already, but trying to work on a few suprises

JJ

Our kids will be DD10, and DS's 8 & 6. They know all about the reunion, but have NO CLUE about the cruise. We won't tell them until they see the ship on the horizon. They think I'm doing advance planning for Dec. 05!!!
Ahhh! That is so cool!!! We just surprised the kids with a trip to WDW last month. It was awesome. They freaked out.
We have a son who will be 8 on the cruise so he will be in the club with your 8 year old.
We will have DD 9, DS 8, DS almost 2 with us.

I doubt I could keep it secret if it was the entire trip, but since it's on the end of a great 10-day plan, it's been pretty easy so far. Most of what I'll be packing could be used for the first 10 days, so it won't be really obvious.

We are renting a house for the first ten days, so I'll be able to do laundry right before we leave which will make it much easier.

I'm really getting into this surpise thing...I'm sharing an Illum cruise in Sept with some other DISers. It just so happens they had one booked on DH's b-day, so he'll have a great surprise (we've never done one before)! Fate is a good thing!

I wonder if my kids will like the Club/Lab??? CheapMom---do you think your kids will be into it?s

Yes- my kids are the type t.hat will probably love the clubs. The 8 and 9 year old have that sort of personality- they are always pumped up for meeting new kids.
My 2 year old, I fear, will be another matter all together
:( . Hoping we can leave him at Flounders for a couple of short stays.

Anyone considering any Nassau excursions? I'm thinking of spending the day at the Wyndham, or the Blue Lagoon beach day. Can't decide if it's worth the money for Blue Lagoon vs. free at Wyndham!

I think my DW and I are going to go to Atlantis. We are not big excursion people. Mostly because of all the extra costs involved.

JJ

Hello,

We did the Atlantis day excursion on our last cruise, and felt it was not really worth the money. We ended up leaving mid day. The ferry taxi was a rusty old bucket, and the harbor narration was not much more than someone pointing out a few buildings along the way. Once we docked, we had a rather lengthy walk in the hot sun to Atlantis, followed by another long walk to the beach. The beach itself was nice, and we enjoyed it. The lunch they provide is a coupon at an outdoor burger/hot dog joint that was really not that good. You get either a burger, hot dog, chicken sandwich, or salad & fries and beverage for your lunch. I think this trip we are just going to tour Atlantis on our own, and skip the full day excursion.

Take care,

Bill

We'll be on the 12/12 Wonder! It will be our fourth cruise on Wonder, and our third at the holidays.

DH and I had planned on four nights at CBR in October, but with the new email discount code, we changed to six nights at Pop and then a four-night cruise! Our son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter will be joining us at Pop (actually, they're staying one night longer than we are since they're not cruising this time). I can't wait! We had gotten used to the idea that we wouldn't be doing a December cruise this year, but instead would try for late February or early March, but everything just fell into place for us yesterday.

Edited 8/9/04 to add: We've just been assigned to room 5634. I'm not telling DH that we're not going to be in Cat. 11 this time. This will be his Christmas gift!

I can't wait to see everyone there!

Beth

My DW will probably do her spa stuff on the Nassau day. I can't see paying for the Atlantis Ex. with no use of the pools. And a day room is way too much for us poor folk.

JJ

We don't do excursions in Nassau either. We usually get off the ship around mid-morning, walk around and take some pictures (I enjoyed taking pictures of the government buildings, and even stopped to visit the Nassau equivalent of my office on one cruise!), pick up a souvenir for our granddaughter and head back to the ship for lunch and an afternoon of pool and hot-tub time, or relaxing with a good book. This time, we'll have a verandah, so we may just take the time to enjoy that!

Beth

We have a verandah as well. We have never had one so it will be nice to relax on it at some point during the trip.

JJ

Hello,

We also have a verandah, although it's the Navigators Verandah. We had that last time, and it suited us just fine.

Take care,

Bill

Ours is a navigator's verandah also. We've always had a Cat. 11, so a verandah of any kind is a luxury! We love to sit outside very early in the morning (even at home and even in the winter) and enjoy our first cup of tea together before we start running around trying to deal with everyday life. I think we'll enjoy this!

Beth

I booked Cat 10's, since the split bathroom will be better for the 7 of us than the Cat 11's. Couldn't swing the extra for two cabins of anything else! LOL!!! The cruise is after 10 days at WDW, so if the budget is holding steady, I may try for an upgrade at the port, but with connecting cabins I'm not holding my breath.

Beth: I'm from northern Jersey. We were just talking the other day about taking the kids to Wildwood next summer! They've never been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter