Any Updates on Chef Mickey?? (Updated-Post 238)

Thanks for the info. I can't imagine Chef Mickey's without Mickey coming to greet the kids at the table.

So glad they changed it back. Hopefully it stays like this until next August. We always go the Chef Mickeys not because of the food but because of the characters so if it stayed without the roaming Mickey we would not be going.

We had breakfast at Chef Mickey's on Thursday the 23rd. When I noticed that the picture was not with a live Mickey, I questioned the CM handling the line. She said that Mickey being in the picture backed up their seating too much and was causing ADR's to run late. She seemed pretty happy that it had only lasted a week and seemed to think that it was over to stay.

We had breakfast at Chef Mickey's on Thursday the 23rd. When I noticed that the picture was not with a live Mickey, I questioned the CM handling the line. She said that Mickey being in the picture backed up their seating too much and was causing ADR's to run late. She seemed pretty happy that it had only lasted a week and seemed to think that it was over to stay.

Oh awesome. Phew!

Oh I am so happy. We have two pictures with the plate and fork and knife at CM from when it was just DH and I and then when it was DH, DS1 and I and I am looking forward to having a picture just like it with our new addition and DS1 had so much fun dancing with Mickey and company that I think he would have been disappointed if he didn't get the chance to do that again!

Great News! I am taking my DD there for her birthday in March and certainly would want Mickey there to help celebrate!:banana:

We ate there last week and Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and Donald ALL go table to table. The picture was with a Mickey statue. (we skipped that) The characters were very rushed and hardly spent any time at the tables. We were there long after we were done eating waiting for the characters to make it to our table....I would say we were there almost 2 hours total. :confused: In my opinion, not worth it. We had more fun at Tusker House and Crystal Palace. I don't think we'd do Chef Mickey's again at all.

I just found this link this morning ;

Disney World tests new role for Mickey Mouse at Chef Mickey's | TheDailyDisney.com from OrlandoSentinel.com

when you get to the end it says it was just a test and Mickey is now back to circulating the tables.....
if anyone is going soon, please update I am curious....Thank you
Danielle

I just found this link this morning ;

Disney World tests new role for Mickey Mouse at Chef Mickey's | TheDailyDisney.com from OrlandoSentinel.com

when you get to the end it says it was just a test and Mickey is now back to circulating the tables.....
if anyone is going soon, please update I am curious....Thank you
Danielle

Mickey is going table to table

We just had our arrival night dinner there yesterday. Everyone made their rounds to the tables. We didn't feel rushed at all. I'd say we were there a little over an hour. Quality time with everyone. Service and food all excellent. We're were also in the first seating group so maybe things get a little more chaotic as the night goes on?
But yes, Mickey is making the rounds and I was able to get my plate photo!:)

Quality time with everyone. Service and food all excellent. We're were also in the first seating group so maybe things get a little more chaotic as the night goes on?
But yes, Mickey is making the rounds and I was able to get my plate photo!:)

We ALWAYS do the 5 pm seating and NEVER feel rushed like many posters report. We also have the characters usually come around a minimum of 2-3 times, and sometimes more. I always wondered if it is because we are the first seating for dinner. We actually have two CM ressies this upcoming trip (one for 7:45 on one day, and one for 5 pm (my original booking at 180 days out) on another day). As we are making final adjustments to our upcoming trip I am considering cancelling the 7:45. While the "timing" works better with our schedule that day, I don't want to risk spending hours of rushed service and characters in the restaurant. Leaning more towards keeping my 5 pm and then just going to DTD afterwards since parks are not open late that night. Long story to......Glad you had a great time :yay:

Mickey is definately making rounds to all of the tables !! We just got back from a wonderful Disney vacation !! Our first night we had reservations at Chef Mickey's - we were seated within 5 minutes and were there no longer than 1 hour !!! All 5 characters came to our table signed autographs and posed for a picture !! It was a great time !!!

Mickey is definately making rounds to all of the tables !! We just got back from a wonderful Disney vacation !! Our first night we had reservations at Chef Mickey's - we were seated within 5 minutes and were there no longer than 1 hour !!! All 5 characters came to our table signed autographs and posed for a picture !! It was a great time !!!

Thanks for the update! Glad you had a good time.

I was also disappointed to hear that Mickey would no longer be visiting the tables, as there is no way I would be paying $30 for the picture when I already paid for the photopass cd. HOWEVER, I am happy to report that at least as of Sept 23, Mickey was still visiting tables (at least for breakfast)! We got to see the whole gang as originally planned- Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto. Hope others are still having similar experiences!

At Chef Mickey's today.... :) very happy he is raoming again. A cm said it was taking to long for the pic's with him before the meal but was less than responsive to my feedback of prefering him roaming... sad that customer input means so little :(

ChefMick.jpg

It's odd - we saw him (at our table) on 9/22 as usual....someone else I think on page 16 reported that on 9/22 he was out by the plate. That wasn't our experience so I have to wonder if they switched it up from time / time during the days.

I certainly hope he's not going to be out by the plate in future visits - a large part of the fun of CM is seeing everyone at the table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter