Any Updates on Chef Mickey?? (Updated-Post 238)

This is a very interesting thread.....we were just there for breakfast on 9/11 and Mickey came to our table. However like others have posted, the change, I guess, has happened within the last couple of days therefore it would not of applied to us. I would definitely have your own personal camera handy to give to the CM to take so you wouldn't have to pay the high priced photo (which by the way I think should be included in your dining package anyways) so you at least have it. When we ate breakfast at Donald's Breakfast Safari in AK last week, they had Donald outside taking photos before you were seated. I say this because the last time we ate there, just a little over a year ago, he was inside going to each individual table. So instead of buying the photo, we had the CM take the picture with our own camera so we can have it.

Wow, I'm glad I saw this. We are leaving in the morning and have CM reservations for tomorrow evening. I'll make sure my husband has the camera ready for when my boys meet Mickey. I've been talking about us having dinner with Mickey for weeks now... ugh.

we were just there on the 14th and mickey did not go around to tables....when we checked in, we then got online to have our picture taken....
however, my coworker was there a couple of weeks ago (end of aug, beginning of sept) and i think he went around to tables when she was there....

we also did breakfast at tusker house, donald does not walk around there, same thing where you get a picture with him when you first come in, but he doesn't sign autographs there...which was a bummer b/c that would have made donald #5 in our autograph book....

We had breakfast at Chef Mickey's this past Saturday (Sept. 18) and Mickey was only taking pictures when you came in-he did NOT visit the tables. We were severely disappointed in this and in our meal experience in general. We had been seated for 37 minutes before we saw the first character, and when they did come they did not interact with DD well at all and seemed VERY rushed. We were on deluxe this time and had done several character meals before this and I can honestly say that Chef Mickey's was the worst of the bunch. We have always gone to Chef Mickey's on our trips, but after our experience we will not be back. They are MUCH better character options available!!

I wonder if this is a free dining thing? Maybe Disney is thinking that since so many people are not paying for the meal, they won't mind shelling out $30 for a picture.

You would have to purchase the $30 picture in order to get it on your photopass.

So disliking this!!!!! I have already shelled out over $100 for photopass and now I have to give them more money for one photo with beloved Mickey. It is like they are holding us hostage with Mickey. Thank goodness my kids are older and I can tell them we will get our picture with a Mickey in the parks so mommy doesn't have to pay $30. Come on Disney we don't go to CM for the food. We go so our kids can experience a character interaction. In fact my kids never seem to touch the food. I have been going to WDW since 1972 and this nickel and dime stuff is starting to turn me off.

Sorry to report Mickey stayed at the Plate photo area all day and status remains the same as of today. Will update immediately if any changes occur. DD has been friends with others in other locations but will notify me when she is a friend at CM.

That is good to know. We are going to Tusker House for our goodbye breakfast on Saturday morning. Thanks for the info.

We just went to Tusker House on the 16th and let me tell you make sure YOU take the pic of your kids with the characters with your camera at these type of settings, if it's important to you to get good ones. They were moving things along quickly and all 3 of us got in the picture when the photographer took my camera and snapped the picture of us, we weren't even looking at him, or ready, and of course the picture he took of us with his camera came out perfectly b/c he made sure we were perfect for his picture!:rolleyes1, If I had just sent DS up by himself or even with DH the picture would've been super cute had I been in charge of it. This may not happen everytime though, the woman at Ohana took our picture with our camera and it came out perfectly. Just something to think about. :-)

I wonder if this is a free dining thing? Maybe Disney is thinking that since so many people are not paying for the meal, they won't mind shelling out $30 for a picture.

I thought of this too. See if they can make some money back on those already getting the meals for free. It can't hurt them too much to try. I did not buy the photo -- I was on free dining -- but a friend of mine who went last week did -- but he was not on free dining.

We'll cancel. Without Mickey it's just a food bar. Not worth the huge bucks ... then more for a picture.

From what I understand, it's just a test right now...I don't think it's going to last...IMHO

Hopefully they'll decide this whole program is a bust before we go to CM on Sunday 9/26. I would change my ressies in a heartbeat if this would have been dropped in my lap more than a week before our trip!

We'll be at CM on Saturday night (9/25) for our Arrival Day Dinner!
I'll post from my Blackberry and let you know "Where's Mickey?":laughing:

That better not be true!! We always buy the picture anyway....but what would be the point of going to Chef MICKEYS if he isnt even walking around?!?!

Has anyone been to Chef Mickey in the past day or so that can report if he is back greeting at tables, or still only for pictures in the beginning???

We were there Friday for breakfast and he was there greeting/dancing with the others. We got a picture with him. :)

We ate there for dinner on Friday Sept 24. We got a picture with the statue and Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto and Minnie all visited our table. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter