Any Updates on Chef Mickey?? (Updated-Post 238)

Threeriversdisneyfan

Two minutes by yourself, and you feel shame, you k
According to another site (instead info it has magic) there is rumor floating around that CM is going to change. It seems Mickey is no longer travelling from table to table instead only be at the podium for pictures. I guess they aren't selling enough pictures. Only a rumor but any thoughts?

According to another site (instead info it has magic) there is rumor floating around that CM is going to change. It seems Mickey is no longer travelling from table to table instead only be at the podium for pictures. I guess they aren't selling enough pictures. Only a rumor but any thoughts?

We just ate at Chef Mickey's yesterday ( 9/15 ) and Mickey did not visit the tables. He was only available for photos. We were told this at check in and we were given a receipt and told that we could stand in line to meet Mickey and have our photo taken. It was presented to us in a way that made it seem to me that the photo was included with our meal (like at Akershus). They collected our receipt right before we met with Mickey.

After our meal had begun a CM brought by a photo package for $29.95. I was very surprised to have to pay extra but what was I going to do at that point? Say no and have our photo trashed? My DD3 was right there looking at it as the CM had it open and was showing it to me. If I had said no, she would have been heartbroken.

I wish I had known about the extra cost. If I had been told up front that the package was $29.95 I would have taken my own photos with the kids meeting Mickey instead of having our whole family in the shot.

Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald did visit the tables and were lots of fun and overall the experience was awesome.

Mickey is now only going to be used for pictures after check in, he will be replacing the plate and statue mickey that was offered to guests before being seated.

Thank you so much for letting me know about this ridiculous rip-off. I was two days away from making reservations for this restaurant as we're bringing children on our next trip. Last time we did this it was bad enough paying an arm and leg for the terrible food but at least having Mickey and the gang come to the table made up for it. I'll be danged if we'll fork out an additional $30 bucks just to have a pic with Mickey.

Believe me, we aren't penny pinchers but this just frosted my cookies! Love the Mickster...wish I would feel a little less ripped off.

Go ahead, flame away!

Thank you so much for letting me know about this ridiculous rip-off. I was two days away from making reservations for this restaurant as we're bringing children on our next trip. Last time we did this it was bad enough paying an arm and leg for the terrible food but at least having Mickey and the gang come to the table made up for it. I'll be danged if we'll fork out an additional $30 bucks just to have a pic with Mickey.

Believe me, we aren't penny pinchers but this just frosted my cookies! Love the Mickster...wish I would feel a little less ripped off.

Go ahead, flame away!

I totally agree with you. :thumbsup2 We're going in 2 days and me and DH just had a pow-wow that we're not getting sucked into buying these. I saw someone's from 1900 PF and there in front of a mural !! Not even a character!! yeah, I'm not paying $30 for that either.

who will call chef mickey and complain? I will.

I was going to complain at the time, but DH and I had just spent the night in the ER with our youngest (18 months) who suddenly had breathing problems during the night. He probably has asthma but still has not been diagnosed due to his age. Anyway, by the time we were at CM I just didn't have the energy for an argument after being awake for over 28 hours straight.

I just wish they had told me the cost upfront. I would have bypassed their staff camera person and done the photographing myself.

As I said DD and DS did have a great time. DS needed some fun after the night he had. I'm glad that we went but I won't do the photo package again and I'll know to ask next time if there is an additional cost.

LuLuO, sorry to hear about your little one's health problems.

After my initial reaction to your news I said to my SO that it was highly unfair that you were not told upfront about the cost involved. I could certainly see why you paid it. I would have done the same. I'm very sorry this happened to you. And I'm glad the kids enjoyed their time and the pics.

On the other hand we have always been huge supporters of Disney and made sure to compliment when we've been satisfied customers but I think it's time to let management know that a line is being crossed into the area of greed and it's interfering with the "magic".......hey, if we don't tell them, who's gonna?

I'm emailing tonight.

I can remember a few years ago when Pluto was the one having the picture taken. But that was in the Chip and Dale days.

This might cause us to skip CM on our next visit which is usually our last meal at WDW

Oh that stinks! I hate when they try to make you buy the photos. I'm already payng $30 a person to eat buffet food.

LuLuO, sorry to hear about your little one's health problems.

After my initial reaction to your news I said to my SO that it was highly unfair that you were not told upfront about the cost involved. I could certainly see why you paid it. I would have done the same. I'm very sorry this happened to you. And I'm glad the kids enjoyed their time and the pics.

On the other hand we have always been huge supporters of Disney and made sure to compliment when we've been satisfied customers but I think it's time to let management know that a line is being crossed into the area of greed and it's interfering with the "magic".......hey, if we don't tell them, who's gonna?

I'm emailing tonight.

I do plan to write to Disney about our trip and will include the photo package issue in that letter. Unless something awful happens during our last two days then 99% of the letter will be a glowing with appreciation. Aside from the issue at CM everything Disney has been fantastic and has been better than expected.

If I remember correctly, that's how much the packages cost at both OHana's and Tusker House. Pricey...for pictures that they're going to shred if not purchased :confused3

That is good to know. We are going to Tusker House for our goodbye breakfast on Saturday morning. Thanks for the info.

Im pretty sure that you can still take your own pictures with Mickey, right? So, they are not forcing you to pay $30 for the pic. I think it is awful that they are even trying, but as long as they are letting you use your own camera, there really isnt any harm. It actually may be better for those with kids. This way, they will be able to see Mickey right away and you wont have to worry about missing out on taking a picture with him while eating.

How much to rent/buy that mickey head, can easily get chef costume, and hat. must be less than 29.95 combined. without character interaction, the picture worths nothing.

Im pretty sure that you can still take your own pictures with Mickey, right? So, they are not forcing you to pay $30 for the pic. I think it is awful that they are even trying, but as long as they are letting you use your own camera, there really isnt any harm. It actually may be better for those with kids. This way, they will be able to see Mickey right away and you wont have to worry about missing out on taking a picture with him while eating.

Yes, you can take your own photos but, I didn't know that the photo was going to cost extra. Maybe I missed a sign? Maybe it was on the receipt that I handed to the CM who was directing us where to stand? I honestly don't know. I do feel that it was presented in a way that made it seem as though it was included in the cost of the meal and therefore I did not snap my own photos. I'll know better next time.

Is this the same as other Photopass locations in that, if you ask, they will use your camera to take a photo with Mickey? If not, I may cancel my ressie. To make me pay over $75 for a buffet breakfast and then make me pay $30 for a photo with Chef Mickey is just ridiculous. If they let me take my own photos, I'll be ok with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter