Any Updates on Chef Mickey?? (Updated-Post 238)

I saw on Twitter it was just a test - posted today....

The test @ Chef Mickey's with Mickey only up front taking photos is already over, Disney was unhappy with results. Mickey's roaming again.

Wow, that's a surprise. Taking Mickey out of Chef Mickey's and it didn't fly?? :lmao::lmao: The bolding should say "Disney couldn't keep up with the complaints"

I agree with a PP< this would cause riots. Why would Disney even consider doing this?

Can you use photopass with Mickey? Hope you don't have to purchase the $30 photo in order to put in on your photopass card like Space Mountain.

Can you use photopass with Mickey? Hope you don't have to purchase the $30 photo in order to put in on your photopass card like Space Mountain.

You would have to purchase the $30 picture in order to get it on your photopass.

Yep it's true. We had breakfast there last Tuesday morning, the 14th. We had no idea. When the woman at the podium directed us to get our picture taken with Mickey I asked why and she told us he doesn't go to the tables anymore. I think my response literally was "***" when I turned my back and walked back to DH.

I have to say that CM was very disappointing all around. We've loved it the last 2 times we've done it. The characters have always been great, taken a lot of time w/ DD, but not this time. They were SO rushed. We will not do CM again for a long long time, if ever. If we want rushed characters, we'll go to Tusker House for breakfast because at least the food is better.

We leave Friday and cancled our CM reservation. We are on the QSDP so we are paying OP for a few ts meals. So I'm glad I saw this so I could cancle. We are doing garden grill for Mickey now.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember seeing gift certificates on restaurant.com for Garden Grill.

I'll definitely be watching this post I wanted to do Chef Mickey, too but like the idea of him coming to my grandbabies table. We can stand in line to meet and greet him in Toon Town!! How does the Tusker House and Ohanas breakfast compare to Chef Mickey in case I decide to switch?:worried:

I just called Disney dining to ask about this, and the CM and her manager said that he is still in the dining room visiting tables. She said that there was some confusion about him being there for lunch, but that he is now there full time also. So if you can take the word of two disney dining people, all is still good with the Chef Mickey world.

I don't trust any of this type of information from WDW-DINE, so I'd want to see a report from the restaurant itself.

I just read on another forum that Mickey is back visiting tables again.

We just ate there for lunch yesterday and Mickey was not visiting tables. He was only at the front and the rest of the characters visited the tables.

I will say, though, that Donald and Pluto came to our table multiple times during our meal. We were there for about an hour and I think Donald spent a total of about 10 minutes with us and Pluto came by about 3 times.

Not so hot for those that want to see Mickey, but for our toddler who absolutely loves Donald, it was a dream!

I just called disney dining to see if the rumor was true about Mickey not roaming in CM any more, According to the lady I talked to and her manager it is not true. Mickey is still roaming around the dining room. They did say that there was some confusion about lunch and him not roaming then, but he is now roaming then full time too. So if you can take the word of two different dining agents, then he is still roaming.

I don't trust any of this type of information from WDW-DINE, so I'd want to see a report from the restaurant itself.

Agreed, and even WDWNT isn't the best source to verify changes. I've read more reports from posters who are there now that say he's not roaming yet that I believe vs WDWNT and their one little blip that Mickey is roaming. I tend to trust that he's not roaming right now.

I called disney dining, and they said he was at the tables, I talked to two different CM's but if people were just there yesterday and he wasn't, the CM's must not know about it yet:confused3?

This thread

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2560239&page=2

has a post from someone who was at Chef Mickey's yesterday, and Mickey was not visiting tables. He was available for pictures. I would go with that before I'd go with anything from WDW-DINE. Of course, from a report from yesterday you still can't accurately determine what the situation will be today, or at any time in the future.

Remember, this is information from WDW-DINE. Their track record for information about what goes on in individual restaurants is not good.

I usually suggest using WDW-DINE only to make reservations, as I have no idea where they're getting any other information, since they're incorrect so often.

Remember, this is information from WDW-DINE. Their track record for information about what goes on in individual restaurants is not good.

I usually suggest using WDW-DINE only to make reservations, as I have no idea where they're getting any other information, since they're incorrect so often.

That is why I said IF you can trust the word of the Disney dining people. I was hoping that they were actually right this time though:confused: I guess only time will tell.

Wow, that's a surprise. Taking Mickey out of Chef Mickey's and it didn't fly?? :lmao::lmao: The bolding should say "Disney couldn't keep up with the complaints"

I agree with a PP< this would cause riots. Why would Disney even consider doing this?

One word...MONEY.

I guess not enough people were buying the photos with the statue of Mickey.

My co-worker and her family were there 9/16-9/19. She verified that Mickey was only available for a photo--he did not visit the tables. Sadly, she did not know that this would be her only opportunity for a photo with Mickey, so she did not take a picture with her camera of her daughter with Mickey.

Imagine her surprise when a CM came around with the photo, which was an 8X10 and 4 4X6s for the bargain price of $30. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter