Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
guess I am very 2016 then (actually, i am probably very 2008 or something) ... also have no idea what the Fyre-festival is
Fyre Festival was a huge scam and used mostly Instagram influencers to promote it. There is a documentary about it on Hulu and a documentary about it on Netflix.

Do people still care about bloggers? I thought we all stopped doing that.

I think bloggers have their constants and their market, but in the bigger picture it's impact to Disney's bottom line is likely very small. Disney knows how many were in CA, and they can choose to not duplicate their experiences or they could knock them out in a couple hour preview event. I think the folks who enjoy them have one or two they follow, just for the connection. A couple provide solid planning information, but again unless a trip is planned that might not be where one spends their time.

Definitely - maybe not as many days and maybe they won't have as large of an Opening ceremony ... but they will do something .. so I would think at least the 27th and 28th would be set aside for media and last minute things to get the land ready for full opening

Agree there will be something ... but the media event doesn't need to be much given that most went to CA already and it is just a waste of time/money to do much here. WDW will have no issue being packed to the gills at this point. They really don't need them for this particular selling point.

If they did AP Preview the week before they could do the media etc stuff the first half of the week, then open on Thursday. I think they are going to need every minute they can to get this land open on time.

Do people still care about bloggers? I thought we all stopped doing that.
I personally don't. Don't follow a one.
But just look at the first day of any Disney party or event and that will answer your question
Almost every other guest there has a camera out to record for their follower. Singular on purpose, LOL

No, I haven't. I stopped paying attention to other people vacations. Feels very 2016 (pre Fyre-festival)
I get that. The bloggers/vloggers most people follow aren’t on vacation. Their job is to show different restaurants, attractions, paid extras, basically anything going on in Disney World. I don’t believe everything they say/show because many of them are getting freebees & special treatment from Disney to promote different aspects of the parks but the videos can be very helpful to keep with the ever changing world.

I don’t see it that way. I actually like to know specifics like how much something is....what restaurants offer the foods I like...etc. When I find myself missing “the World” I am satisfied seeing someone else enjoying it.

Different strokes for different folks.

But I think for the discussion ............. Disney does not need these bloggers to fill this land, or the parks, or the restaurants. Followers of them, just like members here are a fraction of the people who do Disney World.

I'd be shocked if they didn't do something for the vloggers. They are always invited to the first day of any party/event or given early access. They even did "Creator Days" earlier this year where they treated them to special WDW events and DCL cruise.

I get that. The bloggers/vloggers most people follow aren’t on vacation. Their job is to show different restaurants, attractions, paid extras, basically anything going on in Disney World. I don’t believe everything they say/show because many of them are getting freebees & special treatment from Disney to promote different aspects of the parks but the videos can be very helpful to keep with the ever changing world.
My main issue with the bloggers, from what little I glean here and there, well, 2 issues really, 1, they run on rumors and 2, when they can't find a rumor, they like to run off negativity. They rarely find something nice to say. Nice rarely sells hits.

Something else not to get lost here, WDW and DL are very different animals in their target demographic. We all know this. It's lamented time and time again.
Even the media is different because the target of the media is different too. So I can't see how it's even worth the time or effort to look to DL for any hints as to what will happen, or won't happen, in WDW.
Just my half cent worth (not even worth 2 cents, LOL)

My main issue with the bloggers, from what little I glean here and there, well, 2 issues really, 1, they run on rumors and 2, when they can't find a rumor, they like to run off negativity. They rarely find something nice to say. Nice rarely sells hits.
I think bloggers and vloggers are completely different things. I only read one blog and he does mostly go off of rumors, but he usually posts things instantly that are new. Now vloggers, we have some that we watch daily because we like them so much. It's nice sometimes to visually see things on a screen. We use it for ticketed events to see if they look worth it to us. There are some vloggers that are very honest about how events go.

I think bloggers and vloggers are completely different things. I only read one blog and he does mostly go off of rumors, but he usually posts things instantly that are new. Now vloggers, we have some that we watch daily because we like them so much. It's nice sometimes to visually see things on a screen. We use it for ticketed events to see if they look worth it to us. There are some vloggers that are very honest about how events go.
Eh, I guess. I know of some that are mentioned here, blog and vlog and honestly, other than one in print and one on a moving video, I can't see them as any different. Are some ok, sure. I'm sure in the vast sea of them there are some good ones. There are bound to be. But even vloggers can walk around looking for nothing but blight. Because there are so many out there that want to look for nothing but dark clouds and negative.

I agree 100%. I too follow a couple of vloggers and they are very helpful for planning a trip. Just remember, they ARE getting special treatment and your experience could be very different from theirs.

ah ok - I don't use Instagram so I guess missed it
I have to admit, while I don't read blogs, instagram, snapchat, or even tweet with the twits out there, I did hear of the Fyre festival. Mainly because at first I thought it had something to do with the highish end shoe/boot/leather good company. LOL
That's when I learned it was some dude who scammed a whole lot of foolish kids into paying out the nose for a festival that never was and I watched the documentary. Watch it some time and you'll wonder how they ever fell for it

I personally think it'll be more than 10 minutes to fill up. I know everyone says Pandora filled up in "minutes" but i know it was longer than 10 minutes because I booked, told my friend and she didn't get to it that quickly and still got a spot. Not the time she wanted, but a spot. And this was when silver/gold could get in.

It'll all depend on how many slots they have and how many days. I'm guessing Aug 11-21 with 3-4, 4 hour slots per day. We shall see.

I read the old Pandora thread and looked at the timeline for selling out. It was around 45 minutes from the first link being posted to the first person saying it was full. I expect this to go even faster.

The Fyre Festival documentary is fascinating.
It got me to turn off all my social media accounts, due to how easy it is for 'influencers' to spread misinformation or lie to their followers.

I just do my own research.

I agree 100%. I too follow a couple of vloggers and they are very helpful for planning a trip. Just remember, they ARE getting special treatment and your experience could be very different from theirs.
But the question of the moment is, are the up front about it?
That can make a huge difference in how authentic you can take their reviews
I read the old Pandora thread and looked at the timeline for selling out. It was around 45 minutes from the first link being posted to the first person saying it was full. I expect this to go even faster.
which is where I use the phrase "minutes" vs "hour"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter