Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s remember- both Pandora and TSL previews/post-Views were for lands that, not to sound too against their fan bases, but really how many people can actually go crazy about those movies. Toy Story I understand, but Avatar? Now Star Wars is the opposite- it has been around before it was a Disney thing. That means you are bringing in people from a fan base that definitely want to go see the park because they are Star Wars fans, not necessarily Disney fans. Does that make sense?

Let’s remember- both Pandora and TSL previews/post-Views were for lands that, not to sound too against their fan bases, but really how many people can actually go crazy about those movies. Toy Story I understand, but Avatar? Now Star Wars is the opposite- it has been around before it was a Disney thing. That means you are bringing in people from a fan base that definitely want to go see the park because they are Star Wars fans, not necessarily Disney fans. Does that make sense?

I agree with this sentiment in theory - though I think the Star Wars fans who want to go to this land (I understand there is a segment of the Star Wars fan universe that is anti-Disney Star Wars and has no interest in going) and had the means, already went to the DLR one - not sure how many of "that group" is waiting for the WDW to open (or are only planning a "once in a lifetime trip" and are waiting for RotR to be open)

Also, i think Disney Parks fans were pretty jacked for Pandora's opening - not so much for the IP but because of how over the top the land looked and the positive press for Flight of Passage ... but I agree, doesn't have anywhere close to the IP fanbase

ok, everyone get ready ... I have to go to a meeting in 15 mins and will be away from my comptuer for ~ 1 hour ... fully expect it to drop during that time
I was forced to make a food run at the grocery store. Should drop any moment.
Thanks for the heads up.....I'm off to stop the vlog I'm watching and to clear my cache and cookies.

Eh, I guess. I know of some that are mentioned here, blog and vlog and honestly, other than one in print and one on a moving video, I can't see them as any different. Are some ok, sure. I'm sure in the vast sea of them there are some good ones. There are bound to be. But even vloggers can walk around looking for nothing but blight. Because there are so many out there that want to look for nothing but dark clouds and negative.
I guess the vlogger we watch seems to always look for the positives in things and that's why we watch them.

But the question of the moment is, are the up front about it?
That can make a huge difference in how authentic you can take thei

in my experience yes and no. I only follow Tim tracker and watch a few other random people is I’m looking for something specific.
A recent example is of the new villains after dark review. He does always tells you that Disney gave “invited” him free tickets to attend but he didn’t mention that he was able to go through the fastpass line when regular paying guests couldn’t or that he was able to view the stage show from a better roped off media viewing are where again paying guests don’t.
I do find this deceptive, not necessarily on the vloggers part but on Disney’s part. Disney wants these events to be perceived as low crowds, great viewing areas and lower wait times so they manipulate it so it looks that way

in my experience yes and no. I only follow Tim tracker and watch a few other random people is I’m looking for something specific.
A recent example is of the new villains after dark review. He does always tells you that Disney gave “invited” him free tickets to attend but he didn’t mention that he was able to go through the fastpass line when regular paying guests couldn’t or that he was able to view the stage show from a better roped off media viewing are where again paying guests don’t.
I do find this deceptive, not necessarily on the vloggers part but on Disney’s part. Disney wants these events to be perceived as low crowds, great viewing areas and lower wait times so they manipulate it so it looks that way
We also watch Tim. He's basically the only vlogger I watch, and TDR Explorer in Japan. I think Tim is usually pretty honest and positive about things, but you're right about him not mentioning the special treatment at the DAH.

We also watch Tim. He's basically the only vlogger I watch, and TDR Explorer in Japan. I think Tim is usually pretty honest and positive about things, but you're right about him not mentioning the special treatment at the DAH.
Oh I agree completely, if he doesn’t like a new snack or restaurant, he says so. He does usually put a positive spin on the fact that it is disgusting but he is still honest about not liking it.
I don’t blame him for not telling us about the special treatment, he has to play by Disney‘s rules to keep getting invited to things. People should just be aware that just because it looked one way on YouTube, it could be completely different in person.

The long and the short of it is, by watching blogger content, they make money from ads on YouTube and make a profit in terms of free promotions or straight up cash from companies (like Disney). All because they bought a camera and tell you where to get the 'best Mickey ice-cream bar'.

They are incentivized to be positive, if not all of the time then most of the time. It bothers me how little transparency there is with bloggers, in general. They should tell the audience what is free, when they get paid for their reviews and should label everything as a paid sponsorship.

Oh I agree completely, if he doesn’t like a new snack or restaurant, he says so. He does usually put a positive spin on the fact that it is disgusting but he is still honest about not liking it.
I don’t blame him for not telling us about the special treatment, he has to play by Disney‘s rules to keep getting invited to things. People should just be aware that just because it looked one way on YouTube, it could be completely different in person.

The long and the short of it is, by watching blogger content, they make money from ads on YouTube and make a profit in terms of free promotions or straight up cash from companies (like Disney). All because they bought a camera and tell you where to get the 'best Mickey ice-cream bar'.

They are incentivized to be positive, if not all of the time then most of the time. It bothers me how little transparency there is with bloggers, in general. They should tell the audience what is free, when they get paid for their reviews and should label everything as a paid sponsorship.
Yeah, they should tell when they've gotten in free. But more than that, if they aren't telling you they are viewing from a special area or if they give a glowing report to an event because of low waits and it's because they used special lines that only select few get to use but don't disclose that, then their review is meaningless/pointless, not worth my time to watch. And if Disney isn't allowing them to say those things in exchange for their free tickets, then you know what, Disney can keep their free ticket. They should say " I'll pay for my own way in and give an honest, "every day Joe" review instead." If they had an ounce of real integrity in their bones at least.

Yeah, they should tell when they've gotten in free. But more than that, if they aren't telling you they are viewing from a special area or if they give a glowing report to an event because of low waits and it's because they used special lines that only select few get to use but don't disclose that, then their review is meaningless/pointless, not worth my time to watch. And if Disney isn't allowing them to say those things in exchange for their free tickets, then you know what, Disney can keep their free ticket. They should say " I'll pay for my own way in and give an honest, "every day Joe" review instead." If they had an ounce of real integrity in their bones at least.

And that's what the dis does. If they get in for a media thing they won't give opinions, are transparent and just give info. They pay when they review and aren't always positive. It's why I trust what they put out more than some others.

There's a couple that say they don't take freebies. The Dis included. It doesn't bother me that they would have, but I do like knowing the "whole story", so to speak.

I work from home and am literally never away from my computer. Except Friday. All day. Hahaha and I'm a worried mess LOL

There's a couple that say they don't take freebies. The Dis included. It doesn't bother me that they would have, but I do like knowing the "whole story", so to speak.

I work from home and am literally never away from my computer. Except Thursday. All day. Hahaha and I'm a worried mess LOL

That's not true, the dis always says. They also spend more doing stuff. They always pay for the parties etc. Anything they review and give opinions they've paid for.

That's not true, the dis always says. They also spend more doing stuff. They always pay for the parties etc. Anything they review and give opinions they've paid for.

That's what I meant. The Dis is clear and open about the fact that they give opinions when they've paid. And I appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter