• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious with them limiting it to platinum and premier if that will make it not sold out so quickly.

well, it certainly will have some impact as a lot of locals have gold or lower so they are out of luck and they are the ones who could most easily just take whatever opening is available where as those that have to travel have some limitations (most likely) about what days they can do, etc.

I mean, everything goes pretty fast so it still could be just a matter of minutes, but definitely won't be *as* fast as if it was open to all APs

So I am sure I am reading too much into this, but Disney just dropped a new promotion called "My First Disney Getaway" and it is targeting families to take thier kid for the first time and it dictates that you get one day at MK and 1 day at AK.

It is for dates starting August 11th.

So a new promotion, designed for people to not go to DHS starting on Aug 11th - and that being one of the rumored dates for the previews to start ... coincidence?!?!?!? ... yeah, probably, but still!!

And they took it down.

I feel like death today and I'm likely going to log off work in a bit (I work from home) to nap all day before attempting to go see the Rolling Stones tonight. With my luck, it'll stop when I'm sleeping or too miserable to function.

I was just on the phone to try and book the Up Close with the Rhinos tour (sold out the entire week I’m there 😭) and the CM asked if there was anything else she could help me with. I told her yeah, sign me up for SWGE AP Previews, or let me know when the link goes live. She told me nice try 😂😂

Hey, you had to try. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I feel like death today and I'm likely going to log off work in a bit (I work from home) to nap all day before attempting to go see the Rolling Stones tonight. With my luck, it'll stop when I'm sleeping or too miserable to function.

You snooze, you lose. ;)

I'm curious with them limiting it to platinum and premier if that will make it not sold out so quickly.
Thats my hope. If it sells out in minutes, than I may not even give myself any false hope.

But, I mean, how many Platinum (and up) passholders are there total? And what percentage of them could even FEASIBLY drop everything to go to a preview? 10% 25% 50%? I would just think the number is smaller than we think. Our worldview is colored by our extreme fandom. We think EVERYONE will be clamoring for this, when the reality is a lot less.

That being said. it is a FREE event, so there may be people who sign up, take a spot just in case ..and cant make it.

Even of the Plantinum Passholders that live in Florida or Georgia (even the Carolinas (like myself) .. that could maybe make (without flying) a quick 1-3 day trip down there for it .. how many of them WANT to go or will be able to go. Kids back in school, other vacations, no time off work, etc --all huge factors of trying to make a last minute (under 50 days).

Maybe i am underestimating the number of Platinum Passholders, but unless this preview is limited to only a few days, I would HOPE that this doesnt sell out in MINUTES (or even hours).

Thats my hope. If it sells out in minutes, than I may not even give myself any false hope.

But, I mean, how many Platinum (and up) passholders are there total? And what percentage of them could even FEASIBLY drop everything to go to a preview? 10% 25% 50%? I would just think the number is smaller than we think. Our worldview is colored by our extreme fandom. We think EVERYONE will be clamoring for this, when the reality is a lot less.

That being said. it is a FREE event, so there may be people who sign up, take a spot just in case ..and cant make it.

Even of the Plantinum Passholders that live in Florida or Georgia (even the Carolinas (like myself) .. that could maybe make (without flying) a quick 1-3 day trip down there for it .. how many of them WANT to go or will be able to go. Kids back in school, other vacations, no time off work, etc --all huge factors of trying to make a last minute (under 50 days).

Maybe i am underestimating the number of Platinum Passholders, but unless this preview is limited to only a few days, I would HOPE that this doesnt sell out in MINUTES (or even hours).
You left out that odds are they are not putting out as many slots for this event as they did for Pandora, for instance. I mean, there's just no way they'll do that. Not and limit the AP holders invited to sign up
Anyway, I don't think the reduced AP will make any difference here. Bottom line

We are in TN and require a flight (well we are wimpy when it comes to driving) but are hoping to get a spot. I'm doing it for my DS11. He'd love to go. I've personally never even seen SW. :scared: He starts school on 8/9 though, so timing isn't great, but he can miss a day if necessary. Seems like alot of people may be tied up with school starting back though.

We are in TN and require a flight (well we are wimpy when it comes to driving) but are hoping to get a spot. I'm doing it for my DS11. He'd love to go. I've personally never even seen SW. :scared: He starts school on 8/9 though, so timing isn't great, but he can miss a day if necessary. Seems like alot of people may be tied up with school starting back though.
Same, we are in TN and will only fly these days.
But, thanks to several easy to access airports and pretty darn cheap flights these days that's not an issue.
And in our case, no kids of school age any longer.
So all we have to do is kennel the beast of the house and be on the way.
All we have to work around is a moving truck drive to AZ to help out DD, which we are already flying back from. If anything, we may just fly to FL from there, and then home. Depends on the timing of the event. Or we can shift our trip to AZ if needed.

Last edited:
You left out that odds are they are not putting out as many slots for this event as they did for Pandora, for instance. I mean, there's just no way they'll do that. Not and limit the AP holders invited to sign up
Anyway, I don't think the reduced AP will make any difference here. Bottom line
So what are you thinking? How many people PER DAY do you think they would limit this to? hundreds? thousands?
Having not experienced the Pandora preview (the only thing recently that is similar), I dont know how many days that was and how full it was.

I guess I am envisioning this AP preview as a way they can do a reservation-based soft opening like they did at DL. By limiting who can sign up for the reservation .(like how DL limited it to hotel guests), they can control how many show up without overloading the reservation system.. The only difference here is that the AP previews will be BEFORE the official opening.

I personally think it'll be more than 10 minutes to fill up. I know everyone says Pandora filled up in "minutes" but i know it was longer than 10 minutes because I booked, told my friend and she didn't get to it that quickly and still got a spot. Not the time she wanted, but a spot. And this was when silver/gold could get in.

It'll all depend on how many slots they have and how many days. I'm guessing Aug 11-21 with 3-4, 4 hour slots per day. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter