An Update on the Updates by TCD!!!

Man I want a observation deck now. One more thing to buy thanks to FW I thought camping was suppose to cheap.

How about a few more photo's of decorations.

I liked this little display. I know the Gnome Mickey was on sale during the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot. What about the other figures? Anybody ever seen these before?:

FWPHOTOS044.jpg

These folks had a Mickey lamp post, too:

FWPHOTOS045.jpg

And, this isn't really a decoration photo, but this camper is my hero. They have a great big stainless steel grill mounted on the back of their fifth wheel:

FWPHOTOS046.jpg

And, look how tall that trailer is in the back. Looks like there might be some kind of loft in there. Pretty sweet.

TCD

Those statues were actually from Disneyshopping.com I almost think it was last year, but not certain.

yes, they were the "tiki" statues and didn't sell too well. i think they went down pretty low on clearance. they're odd looking i think!

yes, they were the "tiki" statues and didn't sell too well. i think they went down pretty low on clearance. they're odd looking i think!

they don't hold up too well outside either, i put mine inside...got them on clearance online

And, look how tall that trailer is in the back. Looks like there might be some kind of loft in there. Pretty sweet.

Those Grills are pretty dang neat. They are called ToyGators made for Toy Haulers but they ain't cheap. Here are some more pics of some others.

393880379_RUUKs-L.jpg

393880328_xce6u-L.jpg

393880433_bBCNp-L.jpg

Those statues were actually from Disneyshopping.com I almost think it was last year, but not certain.

they don't hold up too well outside either, i put mine inside...got them on clearance online

I think the statues are kind of creepy looking, but I like them because they are different. Too bad I missed the clearance sale.

Those Grills are pretty dang neat. They are called ToyGators made for Toy Haulers but they ain't cheap. Here are some more pics of some others.

That is a pretty cool set up. A grill like that would come in handy at the Fort. But, if you have a toy hauler, you could just as easily throw a regular gas grill in the back.

TCD

Here are my two favorite photo's from this trip:

Here we have a heron posing majestically by the canal next to the Tennis Courts in the Meadows area. I love the fact that there is still plenty of Wilderness in Fort Wilderness:

FWPHOTOS059.jpg

This is my favorite photo. I think that my DD snapped this one back by the abandoned cabin that does not play music during the fireworks. I just like what is going on in this photo. We have an egret, we have a para-sailor. You can see the castle and Space Mountain there in the distance. I love this spot. It amazes me that you can be so alone in nature in the middle of the world's busiest vacation spot. The one thing I don't like is that new building next to the Contemporary. I don't know why it bugs me so much, but it does. It just seems out of place and unnecessary.

FW10308090.jpg

TCD

I am with you on the new building. It ruins the view of "nature" and the MK. If it was only 3 or 4 levels it might be better but it is sooooo high and slightly unappealing to me. (ok, it is really ugly so far)

I am with you on the new building. It ruins the view of "nature" and the MK. If it was only 3 or 4 levels it might be better but it is sooooo high and slightly unappealing to me. (ok, it is really ugly so far)

Agreed. But you know what will be nice? The view from there looking out over Bay Lake (on that side) or the Magic Kingdom (on the other side). I think there will be great views of Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness from there.

TCD

Agreed. But you know what will be nice? The view from there looking out over Bay Lake (on that side) or the Magic Kingdom (on the other side). I think there will be great views of Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness from there.

TCD

I am loyal to FW, so I will probably never see the views.:) Every now and then we think about buying into the Disney Time Shares.....but we really enjoy the fort too much. It would be a waste of money. OK maybe we could buy points for one night. ;)

I am loyal to FW, so I will probably never see the views.:) Every now and then we think about buying into the Disney Time Shares.....but we really enjoy the fort too much. It would be a waste of money. OK maybe we could buy points for one night. ;)

Well, you could rent points to try it out, at a DVC resort. Also, remember that your points can be used at the fort (camp sites) with no add'l charge (they took away the $95 fee). We sometimes use our points to stretch out our time at the fort although when i called the other day, nothing was available for june so its a good thing i have it booked on cash. I will keep trying. I have 54 points that i have sitting there that need to be used by 7-31-09.

More photo's:

These folks were set up on the last site on the right as you exit the 700 loop. Samantha Brown visited them on last year's Christmas special, and they gave her a ride on their golf cart. I consider them Fort royalty!:

FWPHOTOS060.jpg

Thats the Neals, Charlie and Hilda

We tried to use our DVC points for this December with no luck back in April. That's OK though. We had a great trip at AKV in June, we'll enjoy our FW December trip on cash and for DS 14th birthday next July we'll use our points for an adventure by disney washington dc trip. Absolutely cannot wait to stay at the Fort though. Since we have never actually stayed there before I'm even more excited. With all the changes going on I try not to read too much because when I start reading the negative stuff I wonder about the people who have no time but to complain. I love the pics and info but try to stay away from opinions. Everyone has one but opinions are not facts....each person must form their own from personal experience.

Anyhow, I love the updates and can't wait to pull into my premium site on December 24th.

We tried to use our DVC points for this December with no luck back in April. That's OK though. We had a great trip at AKV in June, we'll enjoy our FW December trip on cash and for DS 14th birthday next July we'll use our points for an adventure by disney washington dc trip. Absolutely cannot wait to stay at the Fort though. Since we have never actually stayed there before I'm even more excited. With all the changes going on I try not to read too much because when I start reading the negative stuff I wonder about the people who have no time but to complain. I love the pics and info but try to stay away from opinions. Everyone has one but opinions are not facts....each person must form their own from personal experience.

Anyhow, I love the updates and can't wait to pull into my premium site on December 24th.

Hey I would love to hear about your DC trip :woohoo: when you get back!!! I see that your from Chicago. I was there last weekend and will be there this weekend too!!! What a fun area!! But where do you camp in Chicago???
FW for Christmas I'm so jealous!!!! :banana:

That is the new DVC resort, Bay Lake Tower, and it is all the rage on the DVC forum. It will probably sell out faster then any other DVC resort in the history of DVC.

And like Donna says, you can use DVC points at FW, we've done it two of the three times we have used FW.

That is the new DVC resort, Bay Lake Tower, and it is all the rage on the DVC forum. It will probably sell out faster then any other DVC resort in the history of DVC.

And like Donna says, you can use DVC points at FW, we've done it two of the three times we have used FW.

Hhhmmm...wonder if its finally time to buy into DVC...

Hhhmmm...wonder if its finally time to buy into DVC...

Also, there's going to be a lounge on the very top, strictly for guests staying at BLT where you can watch fireworks and have drinks, holds a limited number of guests. the decor isn't exactly my taste but the location sure is great. still, we will tour the villas to see them in person next week.

Also, there's going to be a lounge on the very top, strictly for guests staying at BLT where you can watch fireworks and have drinks, holds a limited number of guests. the decor isn't exactly my taste but the location sure is great. still, we will tour the villas to see them in person next week.

Donna, I'd love to hear your feedback about the tour! Maybe we'll tour week after next! :thumbsup2

I just checked out the pics...not exactly my taste either...but I think it would be cool for vacation!!

If you visit the Fort in October, be sure to take a walk down the Wilderness Swamp trail during day light hours. Some of the props for the Haunted Carriage Ride are left out, and it makes the walk more interesting than usual. If you really want to have fun, brush up on the story of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow, and tell it to your companions as you walk the trail.

You can enter this trail from right behind the Settlement Trading post, or via the bridge behind the 300 loop. The Haunted Carriage Ride course enters by the trading post, so this is the best way to enter, as all of the props are oriented in that direction.

Just as soon as you start walking down the path, you will see this sign:

CopyofFW10308071.jpg

Then you will come into a clearing, where you will see this:

CopyofFW10308072.jpg

FW10308266.jpg

FW10308265.jpg

As you continue down the path, you will see this cemetery scene:

CopyofFW10308073.jpg

There are additional props that get set up in this scene each night, so this particular scene looks a little bare. These owls stay out all day, though:

FW10308097.jpg

FW10308074.jpg

As you continue on, there is an area where there are cornstalks lining the trail:

FW10308075.jpg

FW10308076.jpg

The prominent prop here is this scarecrow:

FW10308077.jpg

FW10308079.jpg

These corn stalks are the real deal:

FW10308096.jpg

Then, you come to a fork in the road:

FW10308080.jpg

FW10308081-1.jpg

Take the pathway to the left, which will take you toward the lake (don't worry, you will loop around here, and come back to the same path).

As you come around the curve, with the lake on your left, you will see this little cabin:

FW10308087.jpg

If you want to see how they light up this window, and make the curtain blow during the carriage rides, you can take a look:

FW10308088.jpg

(pretty low tech, no?) But, the effect at night is actually pretty decent.

This is the view of the lake from here:

FW10308082.jpg

As you head back around the loop, you will see these cow skulls in the trees:

FW10308091.jpg

FW10308092.jpg

FW10308093.jpg

As we headed back to the scarecrow scene, we saw a "fake" snake laying on top of the straw. Then it slithered off into the woods! You can see his tail if you look carefully at this photo. Look about in the middle, and you can see his black tail there in the straw (the rest of him is already in the brush):

FW10308094.jpg

This scarecrow keeps his eyes on us:

FW10308095.jpg

You are not allowed to drive golf carts back here. Here are some scofflaws:

FW10308098.jpg

I turned this photo over to Fort security, and these people are now on the naughty list. That'll learn 'em.

I couldn't understand why there was a bicycle lock holding this sign onto the fence, and then it dawned on me- some knuckleheads might try to steal this stuff, so they have to lock it down. Sad :( .

FW10308099.jpg

On my previous surveillance walks along the Haunted hayride trail, I have been able to figure out where the horses are kept for use during the ride. On this trip, I did not see a coral. Is there not going to be a Headless Horseman?
In the old version of the Sleepy Hollow hayride, the Headless Horseman would emerge from the deserted cabin area. You could see the coral back there during the day. But, there is no coral in this area now. Where is the Headless Horseman going to hang out between carriage rides?

This was a mystery that needed to be solved.

Do you think that Old TCD was able to crack this case?

Check back later to see.

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter