An Update on the Updates by TCD!!!

:woohoo: I think I know just where to take dd9 to tell her all about the Legend of Sleepy Hollow! ;) man, this is going to be a great trip!

That is the perfect age! They are showing the movie on Halloween night, too. And, I do recommend the carriage ride too, if you are interested in that. Otherwise, as a 100 loop veteran, you know where to hang out. If you had one of those campsites that back right up to that spot, you could watch the H.H. all night long!

Now THATS "spy worthy" information!!!!

I try. I try.

YES I have to add that when we were there in Sept we were waiting at that bus stop and it started to get dark first only one came out then 3 then like 8 then like 15 it was unbeleivable I have never seen soooo many bats come out like that it was neverending pretty cool though :) I wonder if they are doing all the bus stops but that explains why they were doing it in the dark can you imagine when its time to go back in :scared1: :eek: I sure would not want to be on that ladder thats for sure:laughing:

Thanks for that info. I figured the bats must have been a problem if they were going to all this trouble. If I understood the concept of what they were doing properly, these bats are all going to be roosting somewhere else in the vicinity of this bus stop. Keep an eye out!

Thanks for the link, but it says that the product in unavailable. Were there any for sale when you posted the link? Maybe the Disboards caused a run on them? Depending on the price, I might be interested. These things are delightfully creepy.

TCD

Time to get this report wrapped up.

So, some final photos.

First, if you plan on snooping around on the Wilderness Trail in October, get out there before 6 pm. At around 6, they start setting out the extra props for the Haunted Carriage Rides, and they block off access from the 300 loop:

FW10308288.jpg

FW10308285.jpg

See the folks working over there by the cabin?:

FW10308287.jpg

They also block off the entrance by the 100 loop:

FW10308290.jpg

(I like the logo's on these trucks)

Well, it looks like that is all for this report.

I do have this random photo for any pop-up fans out there:

CopyofFW10308067.jpg

This is one of those super-small pop-ups where there is only one bunk end.

I think these people towed with a small SUV.

I looks like a neat little rig.

So that's it for this report.

Thanks for reading.

Look for my next report right after 11/1. Should have some good Halloween photos/stories.

Out.

TCD

wow, thanks! you do THE BEST fort reports, hands down. i feel like i'm there with your pictures and narration. so when is the next trip AFTER the halloween one? i hope soon!

wow, thanks! you do THE BEST fort reports, hands down. i feel like i'm there with your pictures and narration. so when is the next trip AFTER the halloween one? i hope soon!

Well, we spent Thanksgiving week at the Fort in 2006 and 2007, but I have not made reservations yet for 2008.

The TCD DD's had so much fun at the Disney Channel Games earlier this year, that they want to try to attend the taping of the Christmas Parade this year. The details haven't been announced yet, so I have been holding off on making my plans. The word on the street is that this might be another place to meet the Jo Bro's.

So, right now the Halloween trip is the only one that is a definite go.

TCD

Well, we spent Thanksgiving week at the Fort in 2006 and 2007, but I have not made reservations yet for 2008.

The TCD DD's had so much fun at the Disney Channel Games earlier this year, that they want to try to attend the taping of the Christmas Parade this year. The details haven't been announced yet, so I have been holding off on making my plans. The word on the street is that this might be another place to meet the Jo Bro's.

TCD

the taping is always fun, especially for teens who love those bands. you should send a note to Tiggerinbama, she always knows what the jo bro's are up to when at disney. we saw all the high school musical cast members a couple years ago at the taping.

TCD

I heard December 6 for the taping--but that certainly isn't official. If you see Jo Bro you will be the envy of all.--be sure to get pictures if you go. We were there in 2007 but it was our leaving day--bad planning on our part.

Pictures from the last trip were great as always!!:yay:

The Mickey and Minnie light on site 303, does anyone know how they are made. I been trying to find a place to buy them and realized that they must be made. So I went to Michaels yesterday to get supplies for our trip coming up and I am going to try and make someting that looks like them, but couldn't find the same hoops.

Here's a picture I took in August. It looks like a metal frame with the light rope wrapped around it. I suppose if your good at welding you could make your own.

P1000912.jpg

Here's a picture I took in August. It looks like a metal frame with the light rope wrapped around it. I suppose if your good at welding you could make your own.

P1000912.jpg

I think you can but them at the Trading Post during the holidays. I'm not sure they are that big though.

Thanks, I brought a few different things @ michaels and going to try and make them. Not the same but I like to be different. I hope it works and I get them done by next fri.

Thanks for the link, but it says that the product in unavailable. Were there any for sale when you posted the link? Maybe the Disboards caused a run on them? Depending on the price, I might be interested. These things are delightfully creepy.
TCD

Bummer - they still had them available when I checked. They cropped up on ebay not too long ago, but I don't see any there now.

And yeah.. kinda creepy. :scared1:

Jackpot! Just found the Mickey one here at what looks like a decent price...
http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2454708

I googled "Disney Mickey Tiki Statues"... a few others popped up too :scared:

Jackpot! Just found the Mickey one here at what looks like a decent price...
http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2454708

I googled "Disney Mickey Tiki Statues"... a few others popped up too :scared:

I think that is a very fair price since they are no longer available to purchase through Disney and I have seen them on ebay for twice that amount. I bought mine on sale at Disneyshopping.com for $9.99 plus shipping.
I'd buy it if I didn't already have it. :)

[
My next trip is two weeks from tomorrow (that's 15 days from today!). I'll just be finishing this TR by then ;).

TCD[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping you'll have a new trip report from your Halloween camping trip. I hope you got to go. I really enjoy reading all you have to tell!

I was just looking through these again to find pics of 500 to determine how many bricks to bring to anchor my inflatables (ugh!) and came across this pic:

FW10308029.jpg

Is that the right-of-way for the Fort Wilderness Railway going through the dog park?

I was just looking through these again to find pics of 500 to determine how many bricks to bring to anchor my inflatables (ugh!) and came across this pic:

FW10308029.jpg

Is that the right-of-way for the Fort Wilderness Railway going through the dog park?

Yes it is. I would bet that you could dig down a few inches and probably find some of the old gravel bed material. It went to the East from there over a bridge and ran along South till it gets to the canal just North of 1500 then it went Southwest and crossed the canal, then passed right in front of the bus stop at 1500. If you look close you can see the ties near the bus stop.

Just to add to Scott's comment. Just outside of the dog park there is a barricade to keep you from falling into the canal where the old bridge was. If you look over that barricade you can see whats left of the old bridge.

WDWFeb0718.jpg

When we looked in this area last year, came across a black snake, not sure which type, but firmly turned my butt around and that was the end of checking out that area.:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter