Amazing Race 30...

I agree something was missing with them leaving out the airport drama, but like OhMari said they probably all got on a bus and went straight to the airport on one flight. Not sure why it would have been done like that but maybe there aren't many flights to Iceland and they didn't want to start the race with some teams a day behind.

Missed the first episode (forgot to set the DVR) and may try to catch it On Demand, but it sounds like I didn't miss much (except the background of the couples). Set the DVR now. Not knowing all the couples ahead of time (and I'm not a Big Brother viewer), I will say that I'm tired of TAR just reusing a lot of the same people from other shows. I prefer having "regular Joes" who aren't basically professional reality show people.

You missed nothing. This was the most boring forst episode I have seen, and hope that it is not an indication of weeks to come.

It's probably just me, but something was missing in the first episode, I'm feeling some burn-out. It just seemed tired. :confused3

I think the first few episodes can be lackluster because they have so many teams to showcase. Once the eliminations start, there is naturally more time spent on each team and we can see more dynamics at play.

I liked the episode but it felt choppy bc they did some intros before the start and some after. I wish they showed the racers getting into cabs and arriving at the airport - it was missing that anxious getting there part. (There are youtube videos showing this).

I felt bad for the firefighters.. beyond the intro and arriving at the mat, they got nearly no airtime. Brittany, the lifeguard, was beyond creepy with the haunting Lucas if he gets them lost. I thought it was strange the Goat Yoga ladies were fighting like that As business partners, I would expect them to used to working together be more direct with each other.

That was a crazy, nail biting finish!! To lose by half a step...Ugh!!

I like most of the teams so far so I am hopeful it will be a good season.

OMG...Phil’s commentary during the race was both painful and hilarious! But I thought it was terribly unfair for a final competition to the pit stop and that it was BS how the goat yoga lady convinced her teammate to run twice.

The first comp was intense! I’m glad the racers didn’t have to go again if their clue fell off the sky climb thing.

During the race, I heard encouragement to their team mates and I heard advice that was yelled out to partner to go low and slow, how is that any different than one of the players saying look at your P's and O's.

During the race, I heard encouragement to their team mates and I heard advice that was yelled out to partner to go low and slow, how is that any different than one of the players saying look at your P's and O's.

I believe it's because that wasn't a roadblock.

OMG...Phil’s commentary during the race was both painful and hilarious! But I thought it was terribly unfair for a final competition to the pit stop and that it was BS how the goat yoga lady convinced her teammate to run twice.

The first comp was intense! I’m glad the racers didn’t have to go again if their clue fell off the sky climb thing.

The yoga team sure didn't seem to be like any yoga instructors I know.

Dang! I totally forgot it was on. I don’t watch much TV, so I’m pretty bad at keeping up with shows. I’ll read the recap at Entertainment Weekly then come back for comment and discussion.

Yeah, Phil calling the races just sounded so awkward. He doesn't compare to Jeff calling the Survivor challenges at all. I think that was a bust. I know it's only been two episodes but this season has started out underwhelming, maybe I'm just burned out though.

My son was so mad about that competition, and Phil's commentary just made him more upset. He was yelling back at him, and usually he doesn't care all that much. He thought it was totally unfair that the one man was allowed to roll all over Henry and take the lead by pretty much knocking him over. And he thought the commentary sounded like Phil mocking them (which it kind of did), but I think it was just that he was not good at off-the-cuff commentary.

My son was so mad about that competition, and Phil's commentary just made him more upset. He was yelling back at him, and usually he doesn't care all that much. He thought it was totally unfair that the one man was allowed to roll all over Henry and take the lead by pretty much knocking him over. And he thought the commentary sounded like Phil mocking them (which it kind of did), but I think it was just that he was not good at off-the-cuff commentary.

Phil is terrible at being off the cuff!! 30 seasons of awkward conversations on the mat with racers and the city/country representatives and he's not above throwing some shade.

With regards to the frites race, I think part of the problem was that the carts were difficult to steer. I heard someone tell (I think it was Kristi from) from Team Extreme to watch turns because the carts over correct. But Henry kind of did the same thing to April - he really cut her off too.

We're going to AMSTERDAM!!!

Ummm.....it's BELGIUM.

I liked the head-to-head, it was something new that we hadn't seen before.

And I was happy Cody and Jessica came in first. But, from the previews for next week's show it looks like she does something a little shady? Maybe steals someone else's gnome? I'm not sure. I don't mind contestants not telling other contestants something to help them, keeping information from them is fine, so if she does something like that I don't mind. But if she actually steals the gnome I won't be hoping they win anymore. I hope she doesn't sink that low to do something like that. :(

I thought the head to head frites Race was unfair but was happy with the outcome because I really did not like the goat yoga ladies. I thought Phil did fine with the running commentary. What I could not stand was the constant 'Hen, you got this, Hen, go Hen...Hen Hen Hen'. Never heard of a Henry, and that's a name in my family, called Hen for short. Grated my nerves.

I think the previews for next week,with Jessica, is her not helping someone or giving wrong info. I don't think she stole anything...but I could be wrong.

I think the previews for next week,with Jessica, is her not helping someone or giving wrong info. I don't think she stole anything...but I could be wrong.

Nope. She said Brittany forgot HER (Brittany's) gnome at the payphone, and she (Jessica) needed it. Then we see Brittany running after her, saying she has my gnome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter