Amazing Race 30...

A great move by CBS would have been to take the entire cast of "Big Brother" stars, but have a blind draw at the starting line to determine the pairs. With the past drama, etc., that would have made for interesting viewing, especially if certain people were paired up.

Generally speaking, as a regular "Big Brother" viewer, I don't mind this upcoming TAR season as a one-time-only thing. But typically, once a reality contestant has been on a season of a show, and MAYBE an All-Star season, I'm over them.

A great move by CBS would have been to take the entire cast of "Big Brother" stars, but have a blind draw at the starting line to determine the pairs. With the past drama, etc., that would have made for interesting viewing, especially if certain people were paired up.

Generally speaking, as a regular "Big Brother" viewer, I don't mind this upcoming TAR season as a one-time-only thing. But typically, once a reality contestant has been on a season of a show, and MAYBE an All-Star season, I'm over them.

I also don't think that BB, Amazing Race or Survivor should allow contestants back who have already won the big prize!

I also don't think that BB, Amazing Race or Survivor should allow contestants back who have already won the big prize!

I agree, except with one caveat. I would love to see All-Star seasons of each of these three shows where the cast was comprised ONLY of past winners. Kind of a "Best of the Best" sort of deal.

I agree, except with one caveat. I would love to see All-Star seasons of each of these three shows where the cast was comprised ONLY of past winners. Kind of a "Best of the Best" sort of deal.

That's fine -- because then it doesn't take a chance away from new players in the same group. Plus when returning players come into a group of newbies, they are usually the first to get voted off anyway!

So when does Amazing Race start again? I haven't seen anything about it.

Filming just started this past weekend, can't find a air date but probably late summer or fall. Here's the contestant line up all drawn from former reality show contestants.

Five of the teams have competed on previous seasons of “The Amazing Race” with varying results:

Colin Guinn and Christie Woods (Season 5: second place);

Art Velez and John James “JJ” Carrell (Season 20: second place);

Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl (Season 28: third place);

Leo Temory and Jamal Zadran (Season 23: fourth place); and

Becca Droz and Floyd Pierce (Season 29: fifth place).

Three teams are drawn from “Big Brother” contestants, with one of those also having competed on “TAR.”

Victor Arroyo (Season 18) and Nicole Franzel (Seasons 16, 18);

Britney Haynes (Seasons 12, 14) and Janelle Pierzina (Seasons 6, 7, 14); and

Rachel Reilly (Seasons 12, 13; TAR Seasons 20 and 24) and Elissa Slater (Season 15);

And another three teams are made up of former “Survivor” contestants:

Rupert Boneham (Pearl Islands, All-Stars, Heroes vs. Villains, and Blood vs. Water) and Laura Boneham (Blood vs. Water);

Chris Hammons and Bret LaBelle (Millennials vs. Gen X); and

Corinne Kaplan (Gabon, Caramoan) and Eliza Orlins (Vanuatu, Fans vs. Favorites).

Oh, we loved Rupert! So glad he's in. We also liked Victor from BB -- pairing him with Nicole should be interesting (she can be soooo whiney). Please tell me that Rachel Reilly is not the one married to Brandon? UGH -- I can't stand her.

Oh, we loved Rupert! So glad he's in. We also liked Victor from BB -- pairing him with Nicole should be interesting (she can be soooo whiney). Please tell me that Rachel Reilly is not the one married to Brandon? UGH -- I can't stand her.

Not sure on the Big Brother ones because I don't watch that one. Honestly other than Rupert and Eliza from Survivor I can't picture any of these people. Maybe if I saw pictures I might remember a few more.

Not sure on the Big Brother ones because I don't watch that one. Honestly other than Rupert and Eliza from Survivor I can't picture any of these people. Maybe if I saw pictures I might remember a few more.

I recognize a few names but I need pictures too!

Yep, it would be that Rachel with her sister from season 15. Victor & Nicole are a couple now so that's why they're a team. Janelle & Britney are a little random but they were coaches together in season 14.

I only remember Becca & Floyd (team fun!) and Corey and Tyler from Amazing Race. I watched season 5 with Colin and Christie but I don't remember anything about them. I didn't see the other AR seasons and I never watched Survivor although I have heard of Rupert.

Should be fun!

Yep, it would be that Rachel with her sister from season 15. Victor & Nicole are a couple now so that's why they're a team. Janelle & Britney are a little random but they were coaches together in season 14.

I only remember Becca & Floyd (team fun!) and Corey and Tyler from Amazing Race. I watched season 5 with Colin and Christie but I don't remember anything about them. I didn't see the other AR seasons and I never watched Survivor although I have heard of Rupert.

Should be fun!

Boy do I hope her sister isn't as whiney as she is. I guess Brandon is staying home with their kid.

And once again, TAR films close to where I live when I'm out of town...:crazy2:

A few seasons back, the finish line was about 3 miles from my house.

But I'm excited to see it's not an all-BB cast since I don't watch that show!

And once again, TAR films close to where I live when I'm out of town...:crazy2:

A few seasons back, the finish line was about 3 miles from my house.

But I'm excited to see it's not an all-BB cast since I don't watch that show!
K, where do you live?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter