Amazing Race 30...

I am also voting for Jess and Cody from Big Brother.

I never understood how they are able to look at other's spellings but it's something they allow even though I don't think it should be. I guess it's like a team helping another out. Honestly if it were me I'd mix the letters up before I left lol.

The NBA player was just yelling out encouragement. But the more I think about it, he did specifically say O's and P's.

I thought they would be in trouble as soon as I heard him say something about the Os and Ps. The partner can't help with anything in those kinds of tasks.

I thought they would be in trouble as soon as I heard him say something about the Os and Ps. The partner can't help with anything in those kinds of tasks.
Then the partner shouldn't be allowed to say anything.

Funny how it is the yoga instructors who are the first team to bicker with each other.

My first thoughts, too..

I did not care that he mentioned to look at specific letters...he had no knowledge of what letters were in front of Shawn.

BTW - I love those two...so excited to watch them this season. Hope they go far.

My other favorites were the skiiers. A lot of the teams annoyed me right away - hope they get better at not doing that!!

I was happy with who won.

Not loving the yoga ladies or the basketball guys.

Typical Cody saying that he wasn't expecting the other teams to be that sharp and that he thought he and Jess would just dominate... :rolleyes:

Are there less teams than usual this time or am I just confusing it with some of my other reality show competitions?

I have to give props to Cody it looked like he solved it on the first try. Granted he may have gotten lucky with the O's as that is what gave most teams the trouble.

I was happy with who won.

Not loving the yoga ladies or the basketball guys.

Typical Cody saying that he wasn't expecting the other teams to be that sharp and that he thought he and Jess would just dominate... :rolleyes:

Are there less teams than usual this time or am I just confusing it with some of my other reality show competitions?

I thought Cody said he was happy the teams were more of challenge then the BB cast was.

I liked the first episode seemed like they did a lot in the 1 hr. I like the NBA guys and am glad they didn't get eliminated. The goat yoga girls can go next. Seemed like drama queens which kind of surprised me seeing the line of work they are in. There were a few teams which didn't get much air time which leads me to believe they won't be around long.

Other teams could of had drama. Heck, they were in NYC to start, they had to get out to JFK airport and fly to Iceland. We saw them jump in the fountain to get their clue, and the next thing we saw, they were all in Iceland. Navigating NYC is not easy. I was a little disappointed that they did not show more. Everyone was probably put on a bus to the airport and put on the same plane for as far as we knew.

It's probably just me, but something was missing in the first episode, I'm feeling some burn-out. It just seemed tired. :confused3
As @OhMari said, the show skipped from the start in Washington Square to them getting in cars in Iceland. There was no getting to the airport or getting on planes drama. I miss the early seasons when the airport drama was so intense and could make huge differences in the race. Also, the first task was first in-first out, just wait your turn. The spelling task seemed pretty easy. They weren't required to keep riding until they got it right, but could just change letters around (or look at someone else's). The strong woman task was incredibly lame. They just had to ask someone in the big crowd what two Icelandic words meant. I would have just called out, "Hey! Who speaks English and wants a shot at getting on American TV!"

So, overall it was not a great episode from the tasks perspective. The teams seem decent, and hopefully the tasks (and the travel challenges) will get better.

Last edited:
Missed the first episode (forgot to set the DVR) and may try to catch it On Demand, but it sounds like I didn't miss much (except the background of the couples). Set the DVR now. Not knowing all the couples ahead of time (and I'm not a Big Brother viewer), I will say that I'm tired of TAR just reusing a lot of the same people from other shows. I prefer having "regular Joes" who aren't basically professional reality show people.

I thought Cody said he was happy the teams were more of challenge then the BB cast was.

I'm not sure -- maybe he did say he was happy about it -- I was just pointing out that it was typical of him to say he was EXPECTING everyone else to be stupid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter