Amazing Race 30...

JaxDad

DIS Veteran
Starts tonight!

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/

I am terrible at keeping up with TV shows, unless I can binge them on Netflix. I do enjoy discussing them with others on the DIS though, so I wanted to kick-off this thread for your comments throughout this season.

I'll start with this. Amazing Race 30 apparently has a theme of featuring teams of especially fierce competitors from various endeavors, like sports, other reality shows, etc. Why do we need themes for this show or for Survivor? Did Healers, Heroes, and whatever the third thing was really make a difference to the show? Isn't the game itself enough? Also, I know it makes filming way, way easier, but I hope Amazing Race 30 does not have equalizers EVERY leg.

Enjoy!

I'm rooting for the team from Big Brother
It's hard for me to root for someone until I've seen a couple shows, then I root for the most annoying team to stay and make the show interesting and the least annoying team to win at the end!

I couldn't stand Jessica and Cody at the beginning of "Big Brother", but by the end of the show I had warmed up to them. I don't know how much of that was because of THEM, or because the rest of the BB cast was so terrible.

I'll be curious to see how they handle stressful situations on "Amazing Race". They could be really tough to beat.

I have only watched one season of the Amazing Race, but Cody & Jessica may make me watch.
More than anything, I want to see Cody in a different Scenario, he was a brood in BB( due to some of those awful HG's), hopefully his real personality will come out in this one.

Not sure how I feel about it moving to Wednesdays...I liked it when they had it on Fridays because there was less of a chance of it conflicting with any other scheduled DVR recordings, LOL (Not much on on Friday nights, as opposed to Sunday or Wednesday).

I hope the teams that have money don’t win. it will be nice for a team to win that really needs the money.

So far I like most teams except for the couple that has been together awhile and are annoyingly lovey dovey (don’t know names yet) and the Big Brother couple.

My daughter will be rooting for the Big Brother team too! We tend to DVR it and watch on the weekend, so we'll probably be behind! Tomorrow is a snow day, so we'll probably watch in the morning!

I have no problem with the NBA team still being in the race, but why was it okay to look at the other team’s answer in the spelling task (even after the other team left), but the other player can’t say anything? I think the teams should have had to ride, spell ONCE, and if they fail, ride again, until they get it right.

Also, penalty times always seem arbitrary. Maybe I just don’t watch enough.

They mentioned switching partners in the coming attractions. I wonder if it’s for one task, one leg, more?

So far, I like the skiers, but maybe just because I think Kristi is so attractive.

I have no problem with the NBA team still being in the race, but why was it okay to look at the other team’s answer in the spelling task (even after the other team left), but the other player can’t say anything? I think the teams should have had to ride, spell ONCE, and if they fail, ride again, until they get it right.

Also, penalty times always seem arbitrary. Maybe I just don’t watch enough.

They mentioned switching partners in the coming attractions. I wonder if it’s for one task, one leg, more?

So far, I like the skiers, but maybe just because I think Kristi is so attractive.
When they done the switching partner thing before it was for one task

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!