Amazing Race 30...

I forgot to watch, and I think that sums up the season for me. I have no issue with the winners, just the lack of travel drama and generally unimaginative challenges. I'm sure I'll give Amazing Race 31 a chance if it happens, especially if it does not include celebrities or pseudo-celebrities, but I am not hopeful it will be any better.

I'm very happy Cody and Jess won, I wish them the best.

I liked the season, but agree the airport drama was sorely missing. If this is something TAR has control over, I hope they bring it back. Also did you guys notice they flew first class back to San Fran, when does that ever happen!

I feel so sorry for Henry when he probably saw last night for the first time he had the plane correct and changed it, giving Jess the chance to win. I bet Evan gave him hell for it, if they're still together that is lol.

Last edited:

I'm very happy Cody and Jess won, I wish them the best.

I liked the season, but agree the airport drama was sorely missing. If this is something TAR has control over, I hope they bring it back. Also did you guys notice they flew first class back to San Fran, when does that every happen!

I feel so sorry for Henry when he probably saw last night for the first time he had the plane correct and changed it, giving Jess the chance to win. I bet Evan gave him hell for it, if they're still together that is lol.

I noticed they didn't fly in coach that was business class. I thought they only could fly in coach. Something must have happened last season that they can longer book there own flights.

I am ok with the outcome - I really like Cody. Jess annoyed me, and her "princess" act got old. I wanted Extreme to win, but as long as Yale didn't, I was good.

FWIW, I would love to see Cody on Survivor. Or, a Cody/Henry team on a future AR.

And, AR - please bring back some actual competition - flights, airports, etc. Yawn, otherwise..

Is it my imagination, or did Cody do the majority of their challenges? I thought they had to switch off and do an even number per team member?

I noticed they didn't fly in coach that was business class. I thought they only could fly in coach. Something must have happened last season that they can longer book there own flights.

When they got to the mat on the next to last leg Phil told them that they would be flying in Business Class (I think), and to get some rest before the final leg.

Apparently I am psychic and can determine who wins. It is the team that I say "As long as Team X doesn't win, I will be happy with any other team." Thus, Team X will win. It has happened the last couple seasons.

I found this season to be one big disappointment. They better step up their game. I haven't missed a season yet, but if it keeps on like this, they may lose me. The partner swap, and mat challenges weren't suspenseful, they just felt downright unfair.

Is it my imagination, or did Cody do the majority of their challenges? I thought they had to switch off and do an even number per team member?

No, they did 6 each. I think it seems like Cody did more since in the challenges where they both competed Cody did most of the work and Jess pretty much ran after him lol. It worked out at the end as I think Jess might be better at puzzles than Cody.

if this was the 30th show, I feel The Amazing Race could double that prize and give a million to both of the winners. The Big Bang Theory actors and actresses make a million a show. The show has been on at least 12years. It reminds me of the greedy producers on the show The Walton’s. The show was on over 10 years and everyone on the show said the were pretty much making the same amount of money in the end, as they were making when the show started. The producers never shared the wealth that they made.

The fam and I were happy Jessica and Cody won! Cody is a comp beast. He would be awesome to watch compete on Survivor, especially if his social game was better than it was on BB.

I thought they were awesome on this show and really demonstrated what a good, strong and devoted pair can do. They were probably one of the only pairs that didn't fight or freak out at each other every other challenge! And Jess putting that plane together was amazing (I was really glad team x-games didn't win -- too whiny). I think Cody did remarkable and upped his "personality game" a bit compared to BB -- he laughed and smiled more and he's good-looking when he does! But what was his problem when they got to the final mat - he seemed stunned and unsure. I wonder if he thought there was another leg or another challenge. He didn't seem to realize they had actually won :rotfl: And yes, they would be awesome to see on Survivor, although I'm not sure Jess could take the grunge -- but Cody would be focused and probably in his zone. I have to say I thought Jess was cute and did very well during the scorpion challenge!

I don't know why CBS yanks us around about whether they will keep this show or not. I saw a graphic last week of the top 100 shows and Amazing Race was in the 20's while Survivor was in the 50's!

if this was the 30th show, I feel The Amazing Race could double that prize and give a million to both of the winners. The Big Bang Theory actors and actresses make a million a show. The show has been on at least 12years. It reminds me of the greedy producers on the show The Walton’s. The show was on over 10 years and everyone on the show said the were pretty much making the same amount of money in the end, as they were making when the show started. The producers never shared the wealth that they made.

There is way less money for AR because there is no syndication. It also has much larger production costs. Now Phil is another story.

finally watched via ON DEMAND
Sadly disappointed BB won. Sorry I'll never be a fan of the "I wouldn't be who I am without her" (dear lord boy, you're a Marine not a wimp).
And to think YALe could have had it.....I imagine Henry got the wrath from Evan
I was pulling for Team Extreme or Team Indy. oh well...
Overall, I loved the teams this season as a whole.

I think it's time for another bringing BACK SOME OLD TEAMS.

Sadly disappointed BB won. Sorry I'll never be a fan of the "I wouldn't be who I am without her" (dear lord boy, you're a Marine not a wimp).

I didn't like BB. I thought she was a little annoying and trying to stir up drama, like high school. Always talking about other girls etc. I wanted Indy or extreme to win.

Man I felt bad for Henry. He HAD IT then changed one piece before he called for a check. You could see his hand starting to raise, then he second guessed himself, changed the pieces, then called for check. He must be kicking himself.

Last edited:
Finally got around to finishing watching the season. Not being a BB viewer, I had no idea who Cody and Jessica were, so I didn't care either way about them. Cody was a beast at all the tasks, though, I will say that. At least the last couple legs were somewhat more challenging - and the finale did at least give a fair chance for any of the teams to win. Previous seasons, it's seemed like the team that gets ahead early on the finale wins it easily.

Overall, still a bleh season. I'm still not a fan of recycling competitors or teams, so I guess I probably was rooting against Team BB. I wanted Indy to be in the finale - it had to be tough for them to not even finish that last leg.

There is way less money for AR because there is no syndication. It also has much larger production costs. Now Phil is another story.
Does it count if it is shown like on Netflix. I remember watching older shows once on the Game channel on Cable once. Me and my dd watched a whole season, when she was home sick.

Does it count if it is shown like on Netflix. I remember watching older shows once on the Game channel on Cable once. Me and my dd watched a whole season, when she was home sick.

Not like Law and Order SVU running 20 or airings A DAY, EVERY DAY.

After watching Cody on BB (who was in two branches of service -- Marines and Air Force), he talked about his terrible PTSD and his inability to socialize well and make friends. Jess brought out a whole other side of him and throughout Amazing Race you could see she had made him more confident to interact with others and more confident in himself. I think they help each other.

As for Henry, when he watches that episode he is going to be sick! He was way ahead of Jessica and if he had asked for a check they would have easily won. I don't know that I've ever seen someone lose by changing pieces like that -- especially in the final. I liked him, but could not stand her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter