Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just a reminder for the Summer Hub bonus offers, as of today (July 3rd) you can switch your HBC rewards to automatic AM redemption for 10 bonus airmiles.

I just did it and I thought I would be able to transfer my balance of HBC points to airmiles but I dont see where I can do that. Oh well, 10 is better than nothing!

I can't remember (or find) my HBC rewards number. :eek:
The fine print for this offer is
* The one-time auto-convert AIR MILES welcome bonus will be applied to your AIR MILES account within 6 weeks of sign-up. Hudson's Bay Rewards points can be redeemed for Reward Miles at a rate of 40 Hudson's Bay Rewards points to 1 Mile. Once you enroll, you can redeem the Hudson's Bay Rewards points you earned at Hudson's Bay, thebay.com and Home Outfitters for Reward Miles. You cannot, however, get Reward Miles by showing your AIR MILES Card at the point of sale. Some exceptions apply, including limitations with respect to points earned through our Hudson's Bay Rewards partners. Visit hbcrewards.com for full details. Hudson's Bay reserves the right to change terms of this offer. If the option for automatic weekly redemption is selected, any Hudson's Bay Rewards points remaining at the end of each week that are not divisible by 40 will be carried forward to the next week.

Fine print from the HBC site:

*Can I still redeem my Hudson’s Bay Rewards points for Air Miles?
Yes you can. If you already signed up for auto redemption for AIR MILES your account will not change.
Hudson’s Bay Rewards points will be redeemed at a rate of 40 points for 1 AIR MILES ® reward mile. These AIR MILES will be displayed on your AIR MILES® Summary Statement.
Starting August 31, 2015, in addition to the standard redemption offer a NEW Quarterly Bonus offer is available for Gold and Onyx Collectors.
The minimum Hudson’s Bay Rewards balance for AIR MILES auto-redemption weekly is 40 Hudson’s Bay Rewards points.
Please note that only Hudson’s Bay Rewards points earned at Hudson’s Bay, Hudson’s Bay online and Home Outfitters, or otherwise awarded by Hudson’s Bay Company or any of its affiliates can be redeemed for AIR MILES® reward miles.

I've been converting our HBC points for as long as it has been possible and the stupid "40 HBC rewards points/week" is beyond confusing. I currently have 1168 HBC points . In june they transferred who knows how many to give me 30 AM , May was 12 AM, April 105 AM (there was a bonus coupon offer) March was 1 AM ??, Nothing in Feb, Jan & Dec ... SO the line that I highlighted in red is being used in yet another unexplained AM algorithm. Once upon a time you could transfer the entire amount in a lump sum but the answer to why they stopped that is:
Can I redeem my Hudson’s Bay Rewards points for AIR MILES on a One Time basis as opposed to signing up for Auto Redemption?
The option for One Time redemption was previously offered, however due to the lack of demand the program was updated to remove this option.

Stupid!
You can call and ask for them to send you a new card (wallet stolen last year!) so I'm sure they can help you find out what your HBC # is BTW

Just a reminder for the Summer Hub bonus offers, as of today (July 3rd) you can switch your HBC rewards to automatic AM redemption for 10 bonus airmiles.

I just did it and I thought I would be able to transfer my balance of HBC points to airmiles but I dont see where I can do that. Oh well, 10 is better than nothing!

I can only get a few AM if I do the transfer. Is this still ok to get the 10 AM?

I will attempt to stack this with the Spend $60 for 100 AM Load and Go and the Spend $25 get 40 AM and the $10 card. Pixie Dust!! Is this Mission Possible?

Just depends on your store. I figure stack while you can. They are going to figure out how to stop us soon.
My advice is to prioritize the coupons in the order you want to use them and then have at it! In your case the weekly coupon and Load n Go *should* be fine and the $10.00 card if you are talking about the gift card you received last week will work as well.

My stores seem to be cracking the code -- last week i tried to use the Spend $25.00 get 40 AM and the message "not valid Airmiles number popped up" and when i tried to add the survey coupon for $5.00 off the message and the weekly coupon this message popped up "this will invalidate previous coupon value" I did have both the weekly coupon AND my targeted threshold loadngo offer work though.

My advice is to prioritize the coupons in the order you want to use them and then have at it! In your case the weekly coupon and Load n Go *should* be fine and the $10.00 card if you are talking about the gift card you received last week will work as well.

My stores seem to be cracking the code -- last week i tried to use the Spend $25.00 get 40 AM and the message "not valid Airmiles number popped up" and when i tried to add the survey coupon for $5.00 off the message and the weekly coupon this message popped up "this will invalidate previous coupon value" I did have both the weekly coupon AND my targeted threshold loadngo offer work though.

Got it! :thumbsup2

I will attempt to stack this with the Spend $60 for 100 AM Load and Go and the Spend $25 get 40 AM and the $10 card. Pixie Dust!! Is this Mission Possible?
Where was this one? I have a spend $30 get 60 load and go but not sure I have heard of this one.

Just back from my Rexall run - my Rexall is still stacking offers! I did an order for myself, and one for my daughter (her L&G offers aren't as good as mine). Along with the various offers, I had a spend $60 get 100am L&G offer, and the spend $40 get 60am coupon for my order, and my daughter had a spend $10 get 20am L&G offer and the spend $40 get 60am coupon. My order, spent $73.25 and earned 198 airmiles. My daughter's order, spent 44.06 and earned 87 airmiles.

Still waiting for Airmiles to go thru the WDW Canadian 5 day passes they have in stock and go back to the original so we can get the last pass we need! We've also accumulated enough airmiles for 1 flight to Florida for our Feb. 18 trip, so we may as well keep going and get enough for a second flight! The airmiles 'hunt' never ends, does it? lol

PS: When the airmiles from Blue Friday post, my youngest daughter will be Onyx! Proud momma here!! :hug:

OK, how long do you think it will be before AM realizes they credited me TWICE for my Mastercard bonus --- using my card for the month of May and spending $1600 to get 160 AM?? Shows up as 2 separate posts moments ago (the total was updated over 2 hours ago and i couldn't figure out where the extra 320 AM was from?!?!

Side note, this means one more piece in the Mega Miles promotion has clicked into place :cool1: Fingers are still crossed over the stupid Staples on-line shop working though.

Just back from my Rexall run - my Rexall is still stacking offers! I did an order for myself, and one for my daughter (her L&G offers aren't as good as mine). Along with the various offers, I had a spend $60 get 100am L&G offer, and the spend $40 get 60am coupon for my order, and my daughter had a spend $10 get 20am L&G offer and the spend $40 get 60am coupon. My order, spent $73.25 and earned 198 airmiles. My daughter's order, spent 44.06 and earned 87 airmiles.

Still waiting for Airmiles to go thru the WDW Canadian 5 day passes they have in stock and go back to the original so we can get the last pass we need! We've also accumulated enough airmiles for 1 flight to Florida for our Feb. 18 trip, so we may as well keep going and get enough for a second flight! The airmiles 'hunt' never ends, does it? lol

PS: When the airmiles from Blue Friday post, my youngest daughter will be Onyx! Proud momma here!! :hug:

Thanks for sharing your Rexall AM Hunt! There is hope that I can get 200 AM with about $60 on Thursday.

On the contrary, I am hoping to get one more Canadian ticket before the end of July. I should have enough AM in one week after some insane AM hunting in the past few weeks!

OK, how long do you think it will be before AM realizes they credited me TWICE for my Mastercard bonus --- using my card for the month of May and spending $1600 to get 160 AM?? Shows up as 2 separate posts moments ago (the total was updated over 2 hours ago and i couldn't figure out where the extra 320 AM was from?!?!

Side note, this means one more piece in the Mega Miles promotion has clicked into place :cool1: Fingers are still crossed over the stupid Staples on-line shop working though.

Mine for spending $X get 150AM came through also. I didn't think there were any AM associated with the using your card (was it 25 times)? I thought it was just one of the vendor options.

Edit to correct BMO transaction offer.

Mine for spending $X get 150AM came through also. I didn't think there were any AM associated with the using your card (was it 25 times)? I thought it was just one of the vendor options.

Edit to correct BMO transaction offer.
One of the *coupons* for Mega Miles was to use your BMO card 25 times. I figure that if the bonus for spending the correct amount during May has posted then i also met the conditions for that specific piece of the pie :D

Thanks for posting, I just checked my account and my MasterCard bonus shows up twice also. I hope they don't figure this out....shhhhh....:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter