Airmiles Armchair Chatter

so thank you to everyone on this thread who has helped put AM front and centre for me, plus made it so much fun!!! :love::thanks::lovestruc

I was thinking the same thing this morning as I was checking my AM total to see if points were allocated as they should be,

I had purchased a DW ticket on June 12...leaving me with around 60 points left over...I'm already at 1335 again!!!! Almost half way to another DW ticket or a universal ticket!!! Hoping to do a couple little road trips on weekends to Rexall if the sales and AM are good to hopefully collect a few more. I just can't thank everyone enough...crossing my fingers we can do our first Dw and Universal trip this winter!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!:thanks: :hug: :cool1::worship: :flower1:

I was thinking the same thing this morning as I was checking my AM total to see if points were allocated as they should be,

I had purchased a DW ticket on June 12...leaving me with around 60 points left over...I'm already at 1335 again!!!! Almost half way to another DW ticket or a universal ticket!!! Hoping to do a couple little road trips on weekends to Rexall if the sales and AM are good to hopefully collect a few more. I just can't thank everyone enough...crossing my fingers we can do our first Dw and Universal trip this winter!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!:thanks: :hug: :cool1::worship: :flower1:

This thread is wonderful! In almost a year's time (I joined the thread in August), I have gotten two UO tickets and one WDW ticket, with 500 AM more for another WDW ticket. I just checked my status. I am 200 AM short to get to Onyx level. I can't believe this! I used to get only about 1000 AM over a few years!

:disrocks:

Last edited:
We reached another milestone today! @bababear_50 you posted our 6000th post and it happened to be the very last post on page 300! This thread has had over 315,000 views since my tiny head's up about a gift card promotion at Rexall in August 2015. I wonder how many Airmiles can be attributed to this growing little community? Your post this morning prompted me to take the time to post a link to the individual flyers on the first page so they don't get lost within the hunting trip reports. (read that as an excuse to avoid cleaning the house :P )

So what would be more appropriate prize for you, Mel, but an Eeyore cake?! And yummy cupcakes for the rest of us, because this is a PARTY!
200940_16Feb11_101_2666.JPG

Thanks to all the great deals over the years posted here I was able to book our flights for our trip to Orlando in May 2018. I'm AM poor once more (we need Blue Fridays in Ontario) and saving every AM I can so that we can get home from Orlando too!

I had considered booking a round-trip but AM kept wanting to send me through Toronto or Montreal on my way home (direct flight down). If I book two one way trips I can get a direct flight each direction. (thought I'd put that out there for those who may not know this is an option)

Sobeys Ontario
Buy a 100.00 (Visa or Mastercard) and get 20 airmiles.
I will be picking up some St Huberts soup, buy 3x 1.99 get 60 airmiles.
Link here
http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/sobeys-on-flyer-july-7-to-13/all

Hugs Mel
WARNING WARNING WARNING :mic::mic:
That's is just sad, the 20AM doesn't even cover the cost to activate the card.
unless you need the cards for something, its not worth the purchase. This is a prime example of where some people might just buy to get the points, and not looking at what you are really getting.
Just think of each AM as 10cents and that is the quick and dirty calculation. It is really a little more, but not much.

Now the St. H soup is like getting the soup free, if you were wanting to try it out, or it is your soup of choice, stock up.

Sobeys is a bust for me this week. PC Plus is looking great though!

Do your new offers load on Thursday? Mine aren't until Friday, so I don't know how they will look for me. This week was a bust, although I did have enough points to do a $50 redemption at Zehrs when they had the bonus redemption last week. Got back 5000 points for using my $50 and bought b/s chicken breast at $2.99/lb. Win/win!

They wouldn't stack the coupons at my Rexall, so just got the 40 airmiles when you spend $25. Figured I would save the money for next time. I want to echo the sentiments - this thread has been great. I am not anywhere near the likes of Pumpkin1172!
I will be trying to get to Sobeys for the St Hubert deal, for 60 AM? Sounds great!

They wouldn't stack the coupons at my Rexall, so just got the 40 airmiles when you spend $25. Figured I would save the money for next time. I want to echo the sentiments - this thread has been great. I am not anywhere near the likes of Pumpkin1172!
I will be trying to get to Sobeys for the St Hubert deal, for 60 AM? Sounds great!

It really depends on the stores. I have one that won't scan more than one coupon. I just avoid going to that one. I stacked successfully today. I bought more than what I needed on sale items and saved $54 overall. The $10 Rexall card is like the $5 that can be used after taxes. I bought over $70 pre-tax just in case to make sure I meet the $60 purchase requirement for the Load n Go offer with the $10 Rexall card.

Spent $70 and got 203 AM, stacking $40 get 60 AM, $25 get 40 AM, $60 get 100 AM Load n Go plus the $10 Rexall card. The cashier told me they might not be stackable and I told him to scan the two coupons anyway and see what the system would do. I don't like it when they refuse to even try. It happened once before and I stopped going to that store which was the closest to where I live.

Now I am unofficially Onyx! I just have to wait for the AM to load and hopefully get my status updated to Onyx. :woohoo:

We reached another milestone today! @bababear_50 you posted our 6000th post and it happened to be the very last post on page 300! This thread has had over 315,000 views since my tiny head's up about a gift card promotion at Rexall in August 2015. I wonder how many Airmiles can be attributed to this growing little community? Your post this morning prompted me to take the time to post a link to the individual flyers on the first page so they don't get lost within the hunting trip reports. (read that as an excuse to avoid cleaning the house :P )

So what would be more appropriate prize for you, Mel, but an Eeyore cake?! And yummy cupcakes for the rest of us, because this is a PARTY!
200940_16Feb11_101_2666.JPG
Ahhhhh Thanks Hon!
Double celebration today--I GOT Probate certificate from the courts!Finally!!!
Now I can honour my brother and finalize his wishes.
Hugs
Mel

True the big deals aren't out there right now for us east of the Manitoba border but I keep plugging away anyway. I find I am becoming way more selective in what I purchase but I will go and pick up the AM deals if they make sense for my family. I've got 4000 more AM to get so that I can get flights home from Florida (5 of us travelling). So I've got some incentive there.

FYI, I just got another 7-day WDW pass this morning, the discounted rate is still available for both 5-day and 7-day WDW passes. Thanks everyone, for keeping this thread alive and current :love::worship::thanks::hippie::love1:
Awesome! I'm hoping they are still there when our mega miles ( or whatever the heck that promo was called) posts so I can grab another one.

Quick question regarding the St. Hubert soup at Sobeys.

Can you get multiple bonus airmiles or is it a one time thing? For instance, if I buy 6 of them, will I get 120 airmiles or is it limited to a 1 time purchase of 3 for 60 bonus miles?

Quick question regarding the St. Hubert soup at Sobeys.

Can you get multiple bonus airmiles or is it a one time thing? For instance, if I buy 6 of them, will I get 120 airmiles or is it limited to a 1 time purchase of 3 for 60 bonus miles?
For bonus offers that are mentioned in flyers you can 100% complete the offer multiple times within the same sale. So have at it an buy a case if you want! Unless there is a quantity mentioned either in the flyer or in your store you can do the bonus offers as many times as you'd like. Just ask about the Pickle Palazzo of Spring 2017 ...

The only offers that are once & done are the targeted ones which are loaded to your card for either Sobeys/Foodland (called My Offers) and Rexall (called Loadand Go) The offers for Metro will stay active for 2 full weeks if you actually save them on your mobile device or print them off (they will only work once per transaction per day though)

How often does Metro post the AM? One week or two? Hate it when I have to wait for my AM count to get updated! TIA!!

My trip today to Sobeys should complete my AM Hunt for the second WDW ticket. Hope there is no limit on the Hubert soup. I only need 9. My colleague would love my food drive contribution this fall.

Can't take the Costa Coffee anymore! But I will go one more round for the AM just in case. I kind of lose count of my pending AM from Shell.

Happy AM hunting this weekend!

Need a ticket for WDW in August. Been waiting for the Canadian sale to end as I want the regular tickets for the value, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen and I'm not sure how much longer to wait. If I have to get one of the Canadian tickets, does anyone remember what they were worth in US$? Previously I could check on the Disney website, but now that the promo has ended, I can't do that. This would be for a child. I think the discount was roughly 25%, correct? That would make it ~$311 US incl. tax or ~$291US without tax. Does that sound right?

True the big deals aren't out there right now for us east of the Manitoba border but I keep plugging away anyway. I find I am becoming way more selective in what I purchase but I will go and pick up the AM deals if they make sense for my family. I've got 4000 more AM to get so that I can get flights home from Florida (5 of us travelling). So I've got some incentive there.
Well would it be so bad to be stuck in Florida. One way tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter