• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADP Live From Mousefest

Great report!! I love the little details in the castle suite like the upside down crown chandelier.

Hey Aaron, it was truly a pleasure meeting, and hanging out with you in the parks. :wizard: Meeting new people is not one of my strengths, but I think we got along great, and I now consider you my friend. :thumbsup2 Great trip report. This weekend was a whirlwind of activity but you managed to capture the high points very well. Travel home safely. Alicia and I look forward to meeting Kim and Anna and seeing you all on the cruise. :cool1:

Hi Everyone,

I'm sitting here in the Orlando airport waiting for my flight. I spent the morning at the Gaylord Palms Resort with our good friend Mindy. We'd never seen the inside of the resort so we thought it would be a good time to check it out.

Let me say this place is amazing. It's truly a desination by itself. There is so much to see and discover. The lobby atrium is so big it reminds me of a large village.

Here are some photos I took of the inside of the resort this morning.

Inside of the atrium with the Chistmas tree. I'd really love to see this place lit up inside during the evening.
Picture125-1.jpg

Large replica ship inside the atrium. There is so much glass around the atrium I guess you could call this a "ship inside a bottle". :laughing:
Picture126-1.jpg

Domed ceiling in the convention center
Picture127-1-1.jpg

We checked out the entrance and exit to the ICE attraction. Have a N'ICE Day! The attraction was not yet open for the day.
Picture128-1.jpg

This to me is one of the best features of the resort. A 9 hole miniature golf course winding through the courtyard of the resort. It's very well maintained and it looks to be somewhat challenging.
Picture129-1.jpg

We decided to have breakfast at Villa de flora.
Picture130-1.jpg

I had one of the best made to order omlettes I've ever had. This buffet is amazing and if you ever get a chance to try it I highly recommend you do so. It's worth the drive over to the resort.

A themed steakhouse with a log cabin. The Old Hickory Steakhouse.
Picture132-1.jpg

A large TV monitor advertising ICE
Picture133-1-1.jpg

There are many waterfalls throughout the center of the atrium lobby. Here are a couple
Picture134-1.jpg

Exotic fresh water fish throught the river which winds through the atrium lobby.
Picture135-1.jpg

It was really a good time this morning. I'd suggest anyone who is thinking or considering checking out the Gaylord Palms to do so. It's worth the drive over just to check out the atrium lobby and Villa de flora.

Mindy, it was a lot of fun hanging out with you this morning and during the trip. Everyone; for that matter was so terrific. I'm really looking forward to the cruise in May and spending more time with all of you. I have a lot of stories to tell my wife Kim and daughter Anna when I get home about all of you. I'm sure they will be excited to meet all of you as well in May.

That's it for now. I'll post more Mousefest photos and comments later. :)

Hey Aaron, it was truly a pleasure meeting, and hanging out with you in the parks. :wizard: Meeting new people is not one of my strengths, but I think we got along great, and I now consider you my friend. :thumbsup2 Great trip report. This weekend was a whirlwind of activity but you managed to capture the high points very well. Travel home safely. Alicia and I look forward to meeting Kim and Anna and seeing you all on the cruise. :cool1:

Thanks Paul. I share your same feelings. Thanks for hanging out with me. I was glad to get to know you better. I may need to hang out with you in the workout room on the cruise. After the food I ate during Mousefest I'm going to need it. Tell Alicia and Jen I said Hi.. :thumbsup2

What a great trip report!! I had the best time meeting so many of you. The "Flat DISers" pix are my fave. They were just as funny as the now famous "Flat Bawb." :lmao:

Thanks so much for amazing pix and the report!!

Hey Aaron! It was great to get to meet you and hang out with you this weekend. Hope you had a safe trip home. See you in May!!!

P.S. Don't forget to tell Kim about your little striptease in the hallway!!!

Hey Aaron! It was great to get to meet you and hang out with you this weekend. Hope you had a safe trip home. See you in May!!!

OMG!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I had almost forgotten about that!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And don't forget to tell us too!:3dglasses

OMG!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I had almost forgotten about that!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I mean really....How else did ya expect me to cool off! :laughing:

I guess I wasn't quick enough. When I moved to the side I figured I could remove my wind pants before anyone noticed, but no such luck. Good thing I had shorts underneath. It got hot that afternoon. ;) You guys don't miss a trick do ya. :laughing:

Striptease and foot rubs? Wow Aaron, you da man!

That's me...ADP....I have two jobs and I moonlight. :)

Picture120-1.jpg

Hey Aaron. Still here and enjoying the report. Just wait til you get home to the MISERABLE freezing drizzle... ick!

I just had to mention about the above picture.. not sure if you watch RTV6 or not, but you look like Paul Poteet, their morning meteorologist, in this picture!!:cutie:

Hey Aaron. Still here and enjoying the report. Just wait til you get home to the MISERABLE freezing drizzle... ick!

I just had to mention about the above picture.. not sure if you watch RTV6 or not, but you look like Paul Poteet, their morning meteorologist, in this picture!!:cutie:

I'm home Sooze...Can you believe I'm sitting in the new Indianapolis airport waiting for the rush hour traffic to clear. The road conditions are miserable and I'm not driving home until after some of the traffic clears. It's too risky going out there right now.

Paul Poteet? Really? Tomorrow's weather will be sunny and 72....:cool1:

I'm glad to hear your trip went smoothly and you had a great time at Mousefest. Gaylord Palms looks HUGE; thanks for the photos! :)

thanks again for the trip report Aaron..

pictures of gaylord palms can't possibly do it justice..
you have to see it to get an idea of the scale of the place..

it's definitely worth a visit just to see it....

Thanks Aaron for all the work on this trip report.

It was great hanging out with you and I know that this trip is one that I will remember for a long time. I am glad that you could join us for part of the trip.

TSM was awesome and I have to bow to your skills as a consumate slinger of darts, pies, etc. :thumbsup2

See you soon....

And talk to you at chat tonight!

Aaron, another great trip report. Reading along always makes me feel like I am right there in Disney with you. We leave in a week and your trip report has made me anxious to go. Mousefest sounded wonderful, especially meeting other DISers. Again, thanks for sharing your trip with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter