• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADP Live From Mousefest

Hi Everyone,

I'm back from EPCOT. We had our tree lighting ceremony. We enjoyed the festivites and the lighting of the tree in memory of Bawb.

Tonight was no different than any other night over the past several days. Everyone was so kind and pleasant it was truly amazing. Seeing everyone again was fantastic.

I met up with Chris and his family this afternoon at EPCOT. We met at the Land at one of my favorite counter service locations in all of Walt Disney World; Sunshine Seasons.
Picture096-1.jpg

Mindy would meet up with us later and join us for a ride on Living with the Land and Spaceship Earth
Here's a shot of a Mickey pumpkin
Picture094-1.jpg

After we rode our attractions we headed over for the EPCOT Tree Lighting meet. The meet was well attended. Many people who I've met over the past several days showed up and we had a chance to share each others company one more time. :)

After the meet was over myself, Paul, and Alicia started making our way around World Showcase. I caught up to Chris's family in Norway where we shared some pastry.

At that point I decided to stop in at Mousegear and look at some of the sale items still available. While I was shopping I realized I still had a fastpass for Soarin so I walked over to The Land and used it. As usual it was a great ride.

I headed back to Saratoga Springs and stopped in the Artist's Pallette to fill my mug with coffee. I chose decaf so I could fall asleep sooner. :) On my way out of the lobby I snapped this photo of the Saratoga Springs Christmas tree.
Picture097-1.jpg

Tomorrow I plan on heading over to the Magic Kingdom to see if I can get on the waitlist for the AP tour of the Cinderella Castle Suite. Who knows, I may get lucky and be able to tour the suite if there are a few no shows.

I'll have another update tomorrow. :santa:

Good Morning Everyone:

My girls, DD7 pooh: and DD10 princess:, are back from Florida. We had an amazing time. I loved meeting so many people, and I felt like we were all old friends. However, there are so many more people I would have loved to meet. The time just went sooooo fast.

Hey Aaron,

Good Luck with the tour, I've got my fingers crossed for you. :thumbsup2 We are headed to AK today maybe we'll catch up with you at MK. Have a wonderful day. :goodvibes

Fingers and toes are crossed that you can see Cinderella's Suite!!!

At SSR did you notice the ornaments on the main tree? Little saddles, riding hats, etc. it is very cute.

i'll keep my fingers crossed for you for the castle suite tour Aaron!!

I GOT IN! I'll be posting photos of the suite later tonight.

Good Morning Everyone:

My girls, DD7 pooh: and DD10 princess:, are back from Florida. We had an amazing time. I loved meeting so many people, and I felt like we were all old friends. However, there are so many more people I would have loved to meet. The time just went sooooo fast.

I agree Dave. Things moved pretty quickly when everything started up. I stayed until the very end despite a little fatigue. I mean really...when in our lives are we ever going to be able to ride TSM as a "walk on" attraction.

Hey Aaron,

Good Luck with the tour, I've got my fingers crossed for you. :thumbsup2 We are headed to AK today maybe we'll catch up with you at MK. Have a wonderful day. :goodvibes

Hi Alicia...Thanks to you, Paul, and Jen for the hookup today. Having a Dole Whip for Bawb was a great idea.
Picture120-1.jpg

Fingers and toes are crossed that you can see Cinderella's Suite!!!

At SSR did you notice the ornaments on the main tree? Little saddles, riding hats, etc. it is very cute.

I did notice them. All of the resort Christmas trees are themed so well. I really liked the ornaments at the Animal Kingdom and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Those are very unique.

Hey - awesome that you got in on the tour! What was your high score on TSM and how many times did you ride it? Was your hand sore after?:lmao: It's nice to see you in a picture.:thumbsup2

I GOT IN! I'll be posting photos of the suite later tonight.

I agree Dave. Things moved pretty quickly when everything started up. I stayed until the very end despite a little fatigue. I mean really...when in our lives are we ever going to be able to ride TSM as a "walk on" attraction.

Hi Alicia...Thanks to you, Paul, and Jen for the hookup today. Having a Dole Whip for Bawb was a great idea.
Picture120-1.jpg
Aaron, that's great you got into the suite. I can't wait to hear about it. Wow, you were there to the end of TSM? I left at midnight, and I didn't see you there anymore. I thought maybe you had gone already. Maybe you were just in the ride.

Great picture of you and Paul having your Dole Whip for Bawb.

Paul, I love the Mr. Incredible shirt! :thumbsup2

Hey - awesome that you got in on the tour! What was your high score on TSM and how many times did you ride it? Was your hand sore after?:lmao: It's nice to see you in a picture.:thumbsup2

TSM - well, I'd rather not say. Well, ok...213,000; although Paul showed me up by scoring 225,000. How on earth he scored 50,000 points during the alien ring toss scene I'll never know. :laughing:

Absolutely love the DWFB photo!!! My goodness Aaron -- you covered a lot of territory during this visit, didn't you? I am in awe. :worship:

Hi Everyone,

Here are the pictures from today.

Before I wait listed for the castle tour I had breakfast with Chris and his family at the Crystal Palace. Thanks for having me along Chris. :)

A pretty empty Magic Kingdom before the park officially opened.
Picture098-1-1.jpg

Picture099-1.jpg

I wait listed for the annual passholder preview for the castle suite tour at around 10:30 and made it on the Noon tour.

It was pretty cool to see it, and when on earth would I ever get a chance to see it again. There were 9 people in our group and each person was shooting photos of the suite like they were photographers for the New York Times.

Here are the photos I took.

The check-in desk. The Castle Suite is the smallest resort hotel in the world with just 1 room. This room is located on the first floor.
Picture100-1.jpg

Grandfather clock in the check-in room set for 11:59PM. We all know what happens at 12:00 Midnight.
Picture116-2-1.jpg

We took an elevator up to the suite. When we got off we entered the foyer.
Foyer tile in the foyer
Picture102-1.jpg

Foyer decor....Complete with a glass slipper
Picture103-1.jpg

One of the two double beds in the bedroom
Picture105-1.jpg

Don't be fooled by the rectangular mirror on the wall...It's really a TV in the sitting room.
Picture106-1.jpg

Stained glass windows and sofa in the sitting room.
Picture107-2.jpg

Shower in the bathroom
Picture108-1-1.jpg

Sinks in the bathroom
Picture110-2-1.jpg

Upside down crown chandeliers in the bathroom
Picture109-2-1.jpg

Fireplace with a mirrored image of Cinderella which turns into a flat panel TV
Picture113-2-1.jpg

Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom
Picture111-1.jpg

Telephone in the sitting room
Picture115-2-1.jpg

I found Paul and Alicia trying to make a phone call :laughing:
Picture122-1-1.jpg

Well, I should be truthful and admit I was dialing in with them. Paul found out later and called me to say the show was not happening today.

That's it for tonight....In fact, tomorrow I head back home. Usually, I'm depressed knowing I'm leaving, but this time I'm anxious to get back. I've really missed my wife Kim and Daughter Anna, but this trip has truly been wonderful. I've made many new friends and had the opportunity to see many others again. I'll miss all of you until the cruise in May when we take over the Disney Wonder. Thanks to all of you who made this trip so wonderful.

I'll have some more photos and observations from this trip in my next post. :)

Paul[/B] having your Dole Whip for Bawb.

Paul, I love the Mr. Incredible shirt! :thumbsup2

Yea...I stayed until the end. Paul and I rode a few more times. He kicked my butt up and down the Midway Mania midway. He truly is Mr. Incredible.

Aaron!!! OMG!!! the suite is so much more beautiful than i imagined!!!!!

thanks so much for taking so many pictures to share with us...

it's just so amazing....so very pretty and incredibly clever (like the way they disguised the tvs)...

i love the colors in the foyer mosaic tiles....
i love the whole place...

i wonder what they're going to do with it once the year of a million dreams is over (or the year and 10 months of a million dreams or whatever it was)...

on the tour did they say whether they would continue to use it in the future and who would get to stay there?

thanks again for your wonderful live trip report.....it's really so very nice of you to go to all the effort......:worship: :worship: :worship:

have a safe trip home!!

Fun reading, we were at WDW from the 12 -15th and did not get to do any of the mousefest stuff but was on the lookout for Dis peeps!

I think we rode on the same tram Sunday morning at DHS......... lol! I swear now that i have seen a picture it was you! I was on with my sister and 4 kids and we were racing my husband who insists on walking and not taking a tram.......sound familiar? :confused3

Thank you for the trip report and photos Aaron. Have a safe trip home.

You are very lucky indeed to have even seen the Cinderella Suite. That alone would be a prize for me. I can only imagine Walt or Roy staying there as it was originally designed to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter