• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADP Live From Mousefest

ADP

<marquee><font color=red>I'm a huggin' fool</marqu
Monday, Dec. 8th

Pre Trip Report

The Cast:
ADP - Aaron - Traveling solo to Mousefest

Hi Everyone,

Well, it's seemed like we've been talking about it for 6 years, but it's really only been 6 months. It's time for Mousefest! :) And for those of you who can't make it I hope you can follow along right here. For those of you who will be at Mousefest I hope to see you soon. I'll be updating this thread with information and pictures during Mousefest.

For those of you who don't know, Mousefest is an international gathering of Disney fans at Walt Disney World. Many park and resort meets have been planned and scheduled by authors, webmasters, and travel agencies for fans like us to enjoy our favorite Disney World food and attractions. But mostly, it's for us to finally meet many people who we've met in the online community but never in person. It will be nice to put a face to a name.

This is the first time I've traveled solo to Walt Disney World. It will be strange not having my family there by my side. I'm really not sure how I'll feel without them. I'm sure there will be moments when I will miss them; especially during times of traditional family activities we've experienced in the past. I'm sure Kim and Anna will be following this thread....Hi Kim! Hi Anna!:wave2: I haven't even left and I already miss them. :)

Since I'm traveling solo you'd think I'd have more time to post blog entries and pictures, but I'm not sure that will be the case. You see, Mousefest (from what I've read) can be exhausting and jam packed full of activities. I do plan on attending many meets, but I'm hopeful to be able to post enough entries right here to keep you up to date on many of the Mousefest activites. Some of the meets do not allow guests to post photos in public forums, so unfortunately I won't be able to post those pictures here, but I will post photos as I can or allowed by law. :laughing: I'm also hopeful my sleep schedule works out ok. I have some late nights and early mornings planned. :surfweb: After a while that can catch up to you; especially at my age. :laughing:

My flight leaves early tomorrow morning; however, a lot of rain is forcasted around the time I depart so there might be a flight delay in my future. Hopefully, everything will work out and I'll be on my way on time.

Some of the thing I'm looking forward to on this trip:
Meeting many new people in person. Seeing old friends and making new friends
Many of the Mousefest meets and events
Touring the American Idol Experience
Drinking Around the World at EPCOT
Trying some unusual foods I've never tried before
Dessert Parties :)

That's it for now. I'll be online tomorrow to bring you my travel adventures and my first days activities. The plan is to arrive at MCO, pick-up my rental car and check into Saratoga Springs Resort. After check-in it's straight over to the Boardwalk Resort Convention Center for the annual DVC Association meeting. Afterwards I plan on walking over to EPCOT via the International Gateway to enjoy some food and catch some attractions.

Let the week long adventure begin!!! :dance3:

Up Next:
Arriving In Orlando
Checking In at Saratoga Springs
DVC Annual Association Meeting
EPCOT

Thanks Aaron. Looking forward to your updates. Fortunately Deb and I got to visit WDW and SSR last week, and unfortunately we had miss MF because we had family with us and schedules couldn't change.

That shouldn't happen with the cruise so we are looking forward to meeting everyone then. Have a safe trip tomorrow and enjoy.

Will be watching (and reading) until we leave Wed nite!
And then again when we get back!
Looking forward to meeting you at the DATW!

John

I guess we'll see you on Saturday! :banana: :banana: :banana: Can't wait. :goodvibes

Thanks in advance for taking us along with you via the internet! I really wish I could be there in person....maybe next year??

Looking forward to the rest of the report!

Kim

Let us know about your adventures and post the DVC Annual Meeting report on the DVC boards for us ... THANKS

Hope to see you Saturday

Darn, I won't be able to read it live.

I'm going to be out of town this week, with no internet access...

I miss out on everything....

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Aren't I a jerk?

Thanks Aaron,

I wish I could go but I have used all my vacation days. Thanks for thinking of all of use stuck at home.:sad1: I will be reading all of your updates.

Mindy, that was soooo mean. :rotfl: I hope both of you have a great time. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Thanks Aaron, we're not able to be there but your trip reports always make us feel like we're there with you! I can't wait to read more! Have a great trip!

:goodvibes thank u aaron im bummed i wont be at mousefest so i am looking 4ward to reading your live report!

Aaron: Thanks for setting this up. I'm coming in just for Saturday, and hope I can meet as many people as possible. I hope I can find you in the crowd of 500 at TSM. All my best,

Aaron: Thanks for setting this up. I'm coming in just for Saturday, and hope I can meet as many people as possible. I hope I can find you in the crowd of 500 at TSM. All my best,
No worries...you can't miss this raucous group! Just look for the troublemakers! :thumbsup2 :cool1:

See ya Friday Aaron! :wave2:

Hi Everyone,

I made it to the Indianapolis airport. Indianapolis opened a brand new airport last month and this is my first experience here. It sure is a beautiful airport and much larger than our old airport. I haven't seen this many dining and shopping options at an airport since I've been to Orlando (Hmmmm)! :laughing: This trip I decided to drvie to the airport and park our car in the Economy lot. It worked out pretty well, except I missed a sign and ended up in the parking garage. :) I made it out ok and found the Economy lot. I'm sure my severe astighmatism and the heavy rain contributed to me missing the sign. :rolleyes1

As I mentioned it is raining, but as luck should have it my flight is on time so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't change.

I don't have any pictures just yet, but once I arrive in Orlando I'll begin snapping some photos for you.

I'll try and post an update with pictures when I arrive at Saratoga Springs. That is provided my room is ready and I can connect to the Internet.

More to come!

Ok...I got bored waiting for my flight. Here are a couple photos. :)

Air Tran model plane at the Air Tran terminal
Picture001-2-1.jpg

A shot of a Cold Stone Creamery while looking down the terminal hallway.
Picture002-2-1.jpg

Wait!!! Photos??? Our behavior during Mousefest might get documented??????? That wasn't in the book they sent to me!:lmao: Oh well, no matter what I do, I can just blame it on Mindy! She and her DATW made me do it!!! There - now i have an alibi....errr....excuse....oh whatever. I won't get caught on film anyway - I'll be too stealth while stalking the podcast crew!

Woo hoo! An ADP trip report!

Looking forward to following along. Thanks, Aaron!

Kim - yes, he's going to TSM. :cool1:

Looking forward to following along with this trip report:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter