Accident at Disneyland Paris

He will probably be given compensation as its cheaper for a company to do this then go through the courts. However I think if it does get that far then it could backfire on the family.

He will probably be given compensation as its cheaper for a company to do this then go through the courts. However I think if it does get that far then it could backfire on the family.

I can see DLP fighting this all the way through the French courts. If they just pay up it opens up the floodgates for many other possible claims.

I can see DLP fighting this all the way through the French courts. If they just pay up it opens up the floodgates for many other possible claims.

This is true but its common for companies to settle out of court as its cheaper then a lengthy process. I work for the ambulance service and people have been paid off even though the staff weren't at fault, they did this as it worked out cheaper then going through the courts. Its a crazy world we live in.

Disgusting imo. The fact that parent's these days can only see money symbols when their children get hurt. Rather than praise DLP for what a good job they did, they have chosen to try and scavenge money out of it.

DLP should ban them from the parks going forward if that's how they wish to act.

In German we say: "Mit Geld kannst Du nicht alles kaufen" which means "Money can´t buy you everything".

The dad should be happy that his son is ok and I guess DLP gave them something like an upgrade or something like that.

Is a shame that he did that, because it was not DLP fault.

Unbelievable !

:sad2:

Good god. This is FRANCE not America. Let them go to court. They won't win!
I got slammed elsewhere for saying I DON'T think Disney should give the family an upgrade from the Santa Fe to the DLH as it is like Disney admitting liability. The poster removed their remarks as everyone else agreed - if Disney WERE to give compensation etc, then you can bet your bottom dollar MORE people will be at this scam. Just like in the States!
The guy accepted he was at fault, can happen to everyone. We've had one of our lot jump out of BUZZ's car the wrong way and the whole ride had to be reset. Sorry to those it affected but how she managed it I've no idea. Could have been horrific but the saftey mechanism cut in and stopped the ride. We knew it was our fault but with her being 9, she's a little bit more independant! Accidents happen, however that accident could have been prevented by just waiting until the ride had stopped! If it was a proper accident like he'd slipped when getting off, I can agree with a little Pixie Dust, but this is way to far as it wasn't actually Disney's fault.

Good god. This is FRANCE not America. Let them go to court. They won't win!
I got slammed elsewhere for saying I DON'T think Disney should give the family an upgrade from the Santa Fe to the DLH as it is like Disney admitting liability. The poster removed their remarks as everyone else agreed - if Disney WERE to give compensation etc, then you can bet your bottom dollar MORE people will be at this scam. Just like in the States!
The guy accepted he was at fault, can happen to everyone. We've had one of our lot jump out of BUZZ's car the wrong way and the whole ride had to be reset. Sorry to those it affected but how she managed it I've no idea. Could have been horrific but the saftey mechanism cut in and stopped the ride. We knew it was our fault but with her being 9, she's a little bit more independant! Accidents happen, however that accident could have been prevented by just waiting until the ride had stopped! If it was a proper accident like he'd slipped when getting off, I can agree with a little Pixie Dust, but this is way to far as it wasn't actually Disney's fault.

Exactly.
I loathe when those who feel they are entitled to more than they are make a scene....the father admitted fault. Disney moved them from the Santa Fe to the DLH?? If so, and the father took them up on the offer, then I would imagine end of story. I know personally, if it had been my child and I felt Disney was at fault, I wouldn't want to be there another moment and I'd pack up and head home. Not live it up in the DLH when the day before Disneyland nearly smooshed my kid.

Hopefully the court system in France will laugh at this case and call it a day. Absurd. :sad2:

I'm not sure if the actual offer was taken up, or indeed even offered to the Father, but voiced opinion was for it to happen. I would think if it was me, I'd go home and hide away, not go back!
I'm interested to see how this pans out.......

im really happy to hear the litle boy is ok but i think its awful if the family try to bring action against disney. anyone who has been on that ride knows its impossible to fall out if the ride is operating correctly and you are adhering to the safety announcements.

i have lost count of the amount of stupid dangerous acts i have witnessed while at dlp. i have been taking my little girl since she was almost two and although of course accidents can happen to anyone but i have always made sure she followed instructions while on rides.

And I must add that I am as relieved as any parent, or decent human being, that the child has made a full recovery but if I was that parent that would be my overwhelming emotion - heartfelt relief (and guilt) not, "What can I get out of Disney for this situation?"

exactly!!

I don't honestly see how a case against DLP could be made, they would have to prove that dlp had been negligent ?
There will be a risk assessment somewhere that will state falling out of the boat is a risk, they address that risk - put a sign in the boat, warn people to keep hands and arms inside the boat and to remain seated at all times, pretty much got it covered.

The very fact that millions of people have ridden POTC at the DLP resort alone without incident, has to bode well for them too.

It saddens me that the family aren't just happy and relieved to have their child back fit and well, not least because of the amount of well wishers on forums and groups all over the internet.

But I agree with tennisfan and think DLP will settle out of court, I think they will make a financial offer as a gesture of goodwill and without admitting liability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter