Accident at Disneyland Paris

Jonjo

Mouseketeer
There are reports appearing in the French press that a five year old child has been taken to hospital in a critical condition after an accident on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

Here is a translation of the article on TFI News

Accident at Disneyland Paris: a child of 5 years between life and death

The child, who would be "spent in a machine" in Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, is being transported to the hospital Necker Hospital for Children in Paris. "His prognosis is committed," according to police.

"His prognosis is committed." A child of five years was in "critical condition" after an accident Wednesday afternoon on a theme park attraction Disneyland Paris in Seine-et-Marne accident, said a police source told AFP.

The child, who would be "spent in a machine" in Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, was under medical transport to the Necker Hospital for Children in Paris. Firefighters confirmed to AFP that intervention was underway in the amusement park, without giving further details.

And in the original French
Accident à Disneyland Paris : un enfant de 5 ans entre la vie et la mort

Faits diversL'enfant, qui serait "passé sous une machine" dans l'attraction Pirates des Caraïbes, est en cours de transport médicalisé vers l'hôpital Necker pour enfants à Paris. "Son pronostic vital est engagé", selon la police.

"Son pronostic vital est engagé". Un enfant de cinq ans était "dans un état critique" après un accident survenu mercredi après-midi sur une attraction du parc de loisirs Disneyland Paris en Seine-et-Marne, a indiqué une source policière à l'AFP.

L'enfant, qui serait "passé sous une machine" dans l'attraction Pirates des Caraïbes, était en cours de transport médicalisé vers l'hôpital Necker pour enfants à Paris. Les pompiers ont confirmé à l'AFP qu'une intervention était en cours dans le parc d'attraction, sans donner plus de détails.

I hope they are OK, my thoughts go the family at this tragic time. I can't imagine what they are going through.

APT are reporting that the child "fell off the back of a boat in the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, and got hit, it seems, by the following boat.

Couldn't of been sat down on the seat properly then.

Hope he is ok but rules are there for a reason.

Another source:

When emergency services arrived at the scene, the boy was "trapped between a platform...and a boat" at one of the attractions, reported elsewhere to be the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

Another source: When emergency services arrived at the scene, the boy was "trapped between a platform...and a boat" at one of the attractions, reported elsewhere to be the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

This is awful. <shiver> I hate reading about this sort of thing, but parents you MUST watch as control your kiddos!! :(

So sad to read this. Hope the child will be ok. pixiedust:

More on this tragic news from The Local

Boy 'critical' after accident on Disneyland ride

A five-year-old boy was left “fighting for his life” after an accident at one of the rides in Disneyland Paris on Wednesday, according to French media reports.

A five-year-old boy is in critical condition in hospital near Paris after reportedly “falling under a machine” in the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction at Disneyland Paris, according to French media reports.

When emergency services arrived at the scene, the boy was "trapped between a platform...and a boat" at one of the attractions, reported to be the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

Local police commander Fabrice Delin told BFM TV that the accident occured at around 4.50 pm and that the boy had fallen off the back of one boat before being hit by another one that was coming up behind.

He was immediately transported to the Necker children’s hospital at around 5.45 pm, according to a source cited by France's BFM TV, who also claimed that the boy was in a "critical" condition.

Its all hush hush here at the monent but the ride is obviously closed. Don't know what happened but we've seen WAY to many people standing up before the boats have stopped and even DURING rides this trip. Parents are not bothered either and should be made to take note of what happened here!!!!!

Hope the child is ok, never nice to assume but I would imagine he wasn't sat down. Yes it can happen in a split second, I have two little ones myself but I always keep them close on rides, usually holding their hand at least.

hmmm, this makes me wonder if it'll be closed now and some adaptions of the seats will be required.. I, too have seen many kids simply standing up etc and parents don't seem too fussed... (not saying that's what happened here as we don't know the facts!)... perhaps a higher back-seat bar to stop this happening again?...

hmmm, this makes me wonder if it'll be closed now and some adaptions of the seats will be required.. I, too have seen many kids simply standing up etc and parents don't seem too fussed... (not saying that's what happened here as we don't know the facts!)... perhaps a higher back-seat bar to stop this happening again?...

France has some of the most stringent health and safety regulations in the world. If they find that the design of the ride play a part in the accident, I expect they would be forced to make modifications to it.

The only thing I can think of that could be done would be to install lap bars on the boats, which would be a very expensive modification as this would have to be done to POTC, It's A Small World and Le Pays des Contes de Fées.

The original ride at Disneyland is I think 46 years old. I am pretty sure the boats are very similar if not the same (from memory it has been 11 years since I have been) i haven't heard of a serious accident before due to the boat on any if the 4 versions around the world. I have heard of people slipping when getting on and off. There is no need for safety restraints if people can just follow the rules. If people can't follow the rules it will ruin it for everyone. We will end up with lap bars on its a small world one day if people can't just sit down.

The original ride at Disneyland is I think 46 years old. I am pretty sure the boats are very similar if not the same (from memory it has been 11 years since I have been) i haven't heard of a serious accident before due to the boat on any if the 4 versions around the world. I have heard of people slipping when getting on and off. There is no need for safety restraints if people can just follow the rules. If people can't follow the rules it will ruin it for everyone. We will end up with lap bars on its a small world one day if people can't just sit down.

First I wish the boy all the best and that he will get well soon. :hug:

But what you have said is right. We as parents have the duty to have a look at our children and to take care of them.

We always put our two daughters in the middle of us and told them to remain seated at all times until we tell them to get out.

Its hard to judge about the accident when you are not there and as we all know kids could be very impulsive but the parents must keep an eye on them.

In the past I saw a lot of people who stand up to switch places inside these boats for a better photo opportunity. :scared1: not only in POTC....even in IASW :scared1:

This accident....as horrible as it is and again I wish the boy and his family all the best .... is not Disneys fault.

It starts with smoking and rude behaviour inside the waiting lines and it could end in an accident when you and/or your children will not follow the rules.

BX5D--NIMAEx0Ea.jpg:large

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter