ABD Backstage Magic 4/17 - 4/22/11

For the sake of the future ABDers reading this thread....

We never said the Commissary was bad or that the food was poor.

We said that during our two previous experiences, this lunch was rushed and that we felt that the Studio Store across the street from the Commissary was more of a "once in a life time" opportunity and that your short time frame would might better spent visiting that instead of the cafeteria.

As your trip seemed to have better timing in this area, you were lucky to experience both and not have to choose.

I am sorry Kevin. I didn't mean to imply that we had been told that the food was bad. We were lucky enough to have extra time to visit the store. I appreciate the tip to skip lunch if we were running short on time.

I am sorry Kevin. I didn't mean to imply that we had been told that the food was bad. We were lucky enough to have extra time to visit the store. I appreciate the tip to skip lunch if we were running short on time.

I think we all were saying how much we really enjoyed our time there. So I I guess, depending on what your priority is either option options would be good. I actually never went in the store while we were there, but really enjoyed our outdoor time and walking around the grounds, exploring on our own without the guides. I guess I felt like I had enough shopping at Mickey's of Glendales and enjoyed the downtime.

We also like The Commissary... my only issue there was I felt we were going to be rushed so I quickly made a choice. There were so many options to choose from... while my lunch was good, I wish I had spendt a little more time looking at all the choices at all the locations... that doesn't mean I would have chosen anything differently. It was just more than what I expected.

Hello Everyone,

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day with that special person! Well, the DVD arrived Thursday evening and I was good enough to let Nancy take it with her when she went to visit her mother for Mother's Day.

I finally got the view it yesterday morning. Teresa, I need the tissues :sad: There are truly some great photo's there.

Thanks to Dean and Michael for snapping all those pics. I meant to bring it to work with me today to watch again, but ran off and left it home. Oh well, maybe I can get some work done.

May the only dust you see this week is Pixie Dust!! :pixiedust:

Bob

We are back home from our FANTASTIC trip!!!!!!

We miss you all sooooooo freaking much, i just can't explain how much but i believe that you all have the same feeling.
It feels like ages ago but then again it also feels like yesterday.

We don't have our CD/DVD yet :sad1::sad1:

I'm going to work on the photos but please give me a bit of time.....

We miss you all sooooooo freaking much, i just can't explain how much but i believe that you all have the same feeling.

:thumbsup2

Hey everyone, here is the code to get 100 4x6 pictures from snapfish $10.00 shipping included.

Your Mother's Day photos are best when they're shared. Order yours now and get 100 4" x 6" prints for just $10, shipped FREE. Print, share, and spread the Snappiness of the day.

Use coupon MOMDAY100 at checkout, now through May 11, 2011.*

Hi ABD Family,

This isn't related at all to Disney, but I wanted to share. I finished my last assignment for my Masters Degree today. Yay!! :cool1:

Becky, congrats, way to go! I don't know why my teachers still think the seniors care about high school, but we still have a few more tests, it's aggravating.

And welcome back Yvet and Emil! Wow what a trip you guys had. I'm just imagining all the time between now and when we got back from California, and then trying to imagine that all that time was spent at the World. You guys really know how to travel.

Random memory from the trip: Imagineering model shop. If only they let us take pictures in there!

Becky, congratulations!!!!

The Imagineering model shop was great! I wish we could have taken pictures also!

I haven't got my CD*DVD yet either....... what's that about....

T.:sad2:

Becky, congrats, way to go! I don't know why my teachers still think the seniors care about high school, but we still have a few more tests, it's aggravating.

And welcome back Yvet and Emil! Wow what a trip you guys had. I'm just imagining all the time between now and when we got back from California, and then trying to imagine that all that time was spent at the World. You guys really know how to travel.

Random memory from the trip: Imagineering model shop. If only they let us take pictures in there!
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:cool1::thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I still don't have mine either! :headache:

I did have a suprise in the mail though...."A Brush with Disney" book signed by Marty Sklar. It was sent media mail from LA, so it might take a while to get to east coast. :sad1:

I still don't have mine either! :headache:

I did have a suprise in the mail though...."A Brush with Disney" book signed by Marty Sklar. It was sent media mail from LA, so it might take a while to get to east coast. :sad1:

I was thinking about this and this is my thought, both of you shared a room, therefore only one person in the room gets the cd/DVD. Did Susan and Kathy both get the cd/DVD? Also, does that mean only one person will get the book signed by Marty? Deann has hers, will Susan get one and who will get the book T because Kathy got the Cd/DVD?

I was thinking about this and this is my thought, both of you shared a room, therefore only one person in the room gets the cd/DVD. Did Susan and Kathy both get the cd/DVD? Also, does that mean only one person will get the book signed by Marty? Deann has hers, will Susan get one and who will get the book T because Kathy got the Cd/DVD?

Oh gosh I hope this isn't the case!! I did get the DVD, but not the book. I also didn't get any survey, but I think DeAnn said she did. I really don't like how just one person per room would get stuff. We both paid, I don't think it's right. Esp bc we aren't a "family". And honestly - for the high cost of the trip - everyone should get one of everything! Let's hope it's just the way the mail is working....

On a side note, the pics on the DVD were so great!! I'm so glad the one of the turkey and me got on there, lol. It was done very undercover haha! They were all so great, loved looking at them. Good times!! :wizard:

Oh gosh I hope this isn't the case!! I did get the DVD, but not the book. I also didn't get any survey, but I think DeAnn said she did. I really don't like how just one person per room would get stuff. We both paid, I don't think it's right. Esp bc we aren't a "family". And honestly - for the high cost of the trip - everyone should get one of everything! Let's hope it's just the way the mail is working....

Before you gather the torch wielding villagers....

Everyone will get a book signed by Marty.

If you are a couple or a family, you will get the one DVD per reservation. If you were part of a room mate situation, you will each get a DVD.

If you do not receive a book or a DVD, just let me know and I will look into it.

After our February Adventure, one guests didnt get a book and another guest's book was returned.

We resolved both issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter