A new rumor!

But the second the murdering starts, they have to go.

Now, back to our rumor mongering.

The Orlando Business Journal reported on this rumor last week:

Disney’s River Country to become future resort?

That is some fine journalism right there.

I am glad I'm not an Orlando business person.

I wonder if the "reporter" got paid for that article?

TCD

:rotfl:

Maybe the hippies need to go once the drugs start...BEFORE they get on with the murdering and such. :hippie:

Regarding the article.... :laughing: I sincerely hope he didn't get paid for that.

Geez!!!!! I can't believe this thread. Haven't been on in months and now I FINALLY get to return to the Fort so come back to checkout the lastest info and all this back and forth stuff.
Why don't you discuss WHAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT, what really matters, what really counts?????!!!!!!

LIKE WHAT THE HECK IS THAT PURPLE THINGY HANGING OFF THE BUILDING????? :confused3
Priorites all. :banana:

DSC06636.jpg

LIKE WHAT THE HECK IS THAT PURPLE THINGY HANGING OFF THE BUILDING?
Well, if you had been keeping up on the camping board, you would have read on another thread, that the purple thingy is a Doforlater unit. It's a prototype and if the tests results are positive, they'll install them in all the cabins. I think it's a really neat concept. Of course all the sites in the 3000 loop will have them.

TCD, you're good at getting things caught up in the newspaper. Even when you created the topic about River Country's state of being, it made it to the paper. Too bad you don't get the recognition you deserve.

Geez!!!!! I can't believe this thread. Haven't been on in months and now I FINALLY get to return to the Fort so come back to checkout the lastest info and all this back and forth stuff.
Why don't you discuss WHAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT, what really matters, what really counts?????!!!!!!

LIKE WHAT THE HECK IS THAT PURPLE THINGY HANGING OFF THE BUILDING????? :confused3

That purplish thing is not on the building. It is really hung from the tree. When I got upclose to it, it appeared to be a bug trap. It looks like the kind used to see if certain bugs are in the area. Rather odd since you would normally see them hung from orange trees, and this isn't one.

DSC06636.jpg

Well, if you had been keeping up on the camping board, you would have read on another thread, that the purple thingy is a Doforlater unit. It's a prototype and if the tests results are positive, they'll install them in all the cabins. I think it's a really neat concept. Of course all the sites in the 3000 loop will have them.

That purplish thing is not on the building. It is really hung from the tree. When I got upclose to it, it appeared to be a bug trap. It looks like the kind used to see if certain bugs are in the area. Rather odd since you would normally see them hung from orange trees, and this isn't one.

New Disboard member, The Lug, shared some photos from his trip last week on another thread. Here, it looks like the Doforlater unit is hanging from a different tree:

10%2011%3A33%3A50%20PM.jpg

I think the Orlando Business Journal needs to do a follow up story on this.

Hey there, Mr. OBJ reporter (I know you're reading along), here's another scoop for you!

I'll even write the headline:

DISNEY TO INSTALL DOFORLATER UNITS IN FORT WILDERNESS RESORT.

TCD, you're good at getting things caught up in the newspaper. Even when you created the topic about River Country's state of being, it made it to the paper. Too bad you don't get the recognition you deserve.

No worries.

I get all the recognition I need.

It's good to be TCD!

TCD

If I had to guess, I would say that is a trap to catch the Emerald Ash Borer bug. Emerald ash borer (EAB), Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire, is an exotic beetle that was discovered in southeastern Michigan near Detroit in the summer of 2002. The adult beetles nibble on ash foliage but cause little damage. The larvae (the immature stage) feed on the inner bark of ash trees, disrupting the tree's ability to transport water and nutrients. Emerald ash borer probably arrived in the United States on solid wood packing material carried in cargo ships or airplanes originating in its native Asia. Emerald ash borer is also established in Windsor, Ontario, was found in Ohio in 2003, northern Indiana in 2004, northern Illinois and Maryland in 2006, western Pennsylvania and West Virginia in 2007, Wisconsin, Missouri and Virginia in summer 2008, Minnesota, New York, Kentucky in the spring of 2009, and Tennessee in the summer of 2010 . Since its discovery, EAB has:

•Killed tens of millions of ash trees in southeastern Michigan alone, with tens of millions more lost in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Quebec, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
•Caused regulatory agencies and the USDA to enforce quarantines (Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, New York, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Kentucky) and fines to prevent potentially infested ash trees, logs or hardwood firewood from moving out of areas where EAB occurs.
•Cost municipalities, property owners, nursery operators and forest products industries tens of millions of dollars

It is a little bigger than the ones that are hanging all over Upstate New York, but is same color.

If I had to guess, I would say that is a trap to catch the Emerald Ash Borer bug. Emerald ash borer (EAB), Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire, is an exotic beetle that was discovered in southeastern Michigan near Detroit in the summer of 2002. The adult beetles nibble on ash foliage but cause little damage. The larvae (the immature stage) feed on the inner bark of ash trees, disrupting the tree's ability to transport water and nutrients. Emerald ash borer probably arrived in the United States on solid wood packing material carried in cargo ships or airplanes originating in its native Asia. Emerald ash borer is also established in Windsor, Ontario, was found in Ohio in 2003, northern Indiana in 2004, northern Illinois and Maryland in 2006, western Pennsylvania and West Virginia in 2007, Wisconsin, Missouri and Virginia in summer 2008, Minnesota, New York, Kentucky in the spring of 2009, and Tennessee in the summer of 2010 . Since its discovery, EAB has:

•Killed tens of millions of ash trees in southeastern Michigan alone, with tens of millions more lost in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Quebec, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
•Caused regulatory agencies and the USDA to enforce quarantines (Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, New York, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Kentucky) and fines to prevent potentially infested ash trees, logs or hardwood firewood from moving out of areas where EAB occurs.
•Cost municipalities, property owners, nursery operators and forest products industries tens of millions of dollars

It is a little bigger than the ones that are hanging all over Upstate New York, but is same color.

Thank you for your input.

You sound like you know what you are talking about.

But, I'm sorry to tell you that your theory is wrong.

A Disney Bus Driver has already told us what this is.

It's a Doforlater.

Not an EAB trap.

How silly can you be?

TCD

Thank you for your input.

You sound like you know what you are talking about.

But, I'm sorry to tell you that your theory is wrong.

A Disney Bus Driver has already told us what this is.

It's a Doforlater.

Not an EAB trap.

How silly can you be?

TCD

I almost lost my drink reading this.

Very funny :lmao:

And if I had to take a guess, it would be much shorter and not as articulate as PPFDDisneyLover.

Good stuff.

we have these same boxes all over our woods in Indiana....they put them up last year...so far *from what I heard* we haven't had any problems with those "ash" bugs since....its working here, I guess?:confused3

Wow! Such great info! And here I thought it was just a purple thingy hanging from a tree. Silly me. :rolleyes1

Maybe I am getting trapped into a joke, but what is a DOFORLATER? Never heard of such a thing.

Is it like DUCKWAY? Whats a duckway? About 5 pounds. :lmao:

Maybe I am getting trapped into a joke, but what is a DOFORLATER? Never heard of such a thing.

Is it like DUCKWAY? Whats a duckway? About 5 pounds. :lmao:

Duckway! :rotfl2:

Don't feel bad about not knowing what a doforlater unit is. I don't know either, but I know Magicbus used to be an engineer (and a professional musician?) before advancing to his current position, so I assume he knows what he is talking about.

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter