• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A new rumor!

And there is all the proof anyone needs. You must have taken that shot at the meeting with your cell?
BaseballBat.gif

No, no, no, those bus drivers never get anything right. Here's the real story. It's umpire and baseball bats not vampires and bats. Disney is building a Baseball field just for the DVC mega project. You heard it here first.
I'm surprised you fell for that unbelievable story TCD.

Oh!

Well, then. . .

Nevermind!

RosannaDanna_l.jpg

TCD

Rumor: River Country to be razed for DVC resort?
Recent reports of Disney executives tromping around the site of the closed River Country water park and more recent reports of Imagineers in the same area have led to rumors of new resort development. Screamscape is reporting (link) that a new Disney Vacation Club resort will be built between Fort Wilderness and the Wilderness Lodge, causing River Country and the current Tri-Circle-D Ranch to be leveled. The ranch would be relocated nearby.

The new resort would be based on the old plans for the Wilderness Junction Resort (also called the Buffalo Junction Resort) that was originally planned for construction during the Disney Decade. The Wilderness Junction Resort was originally to include a 600-room resort along the shore of Bay Lake and was to have been connected to the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness by a rebuilt Fort Wilderness Railroad, but the railroad is not expected to be part of the new construction (if the construction does indeed happen).

At's from mouseplanet.com

...I think this rumor has been worn to death....we need a new rumor to chew on!

Anyone have a nice jiucey one to start on?:cool1:

AKK

I'm still hanging my hat on the offroad golf cart racetrack!

0401or_03_z+2004_yamaha_rhino_660_4x4_this_aint_no_golf_cart_off_road_alternatives+action_shot.jpg

Rumor: River Country to be razed for DVC resort?
Recent reports of Disney executives tromping around the site of the closed River Country water park and more recent reports of Imagineers in the same area have led to rumors of new resort development. Screamscape is reporting (link) .... from mouseplanet.com

What are the odds the "rumors" being posted to these other sites are being fed from this very thread? :rolleyes1

What are the odds the "rumors" being posted to these other sites are being fed from this very thread? :rolleyes1

Actually, I believe the source of these reports is, in fact, this thread.

Follow me here . . .

This thread started on August 23, 2010.

A little while later, Disboarder Lone-Star posted this thread:
Found more rumor on beach DVC near the Fort

If you look at that thread, new Disboarder TheLug says that he is the one who reported the rumor to Screamscape.

The Mousplanet article cites Screamscape as its source, and here is what is says on Screamscape:

New Disney DVC Resort Hotel - Rumor - (9/1/10) According to our sources, Disney engineers have been spotted going over the site, to determine just what will need to be done to remove the remains of Water Country. Others have been seen near the front of Fort Wilderness talking about plans to build new barn facilities to move the current Tri Circle D Ranch to a new location. As for the resort itself, I’ve been told that this will be a new DVC Resort, with the design being based on the old Buffalo Junction plans from years ago (minus the now defunct Fort Wilderness Railroad and other extra features), filling the gap between the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. You can find a nice article about the once proposed Buffalo Junction (aka: Wilderness Junction) concept at Progress City USA. (Note: Previous rumors about the next DVC Resort indicated they were looking at a site across from the Coronado Springs Resort that may have had some kind of California theme with a special pathway to Blizzard Beach).

Um, Water Country?

Who Dat?

The person who wrote this for Screamscape doesn't sound very familiar with River Country.

It's amazing to see how this rumor is spreading.

But none of these reports predate the start of this thread.

So, I believe that all we are hearing is a rehash of what has already been said here.

TCD

Yep - kinda what I figured. Both times it's been mentioned on the Podcast I believe the source was here as well.

Well with power like that, we should dream up ALL kinds of cool rumors - bwahahahahaha!!!

ten-venerable-villains-in-movies-20070625000515795.jpg

Hey TCD, I have a new rumor, and I have proof......

But I hope you don't get too frightened over this.......

Mickey is becoming an accordian playing hippie. :hippie:

Animated-Mickey-plays-accordion.gif

Hey TCD, I have a new rumor, and I have proof......

But I hope you don't get too frightened over this.......

Mickey is becoming an accordian playing hippie. :hippie:

Animated-Mickey-plays-accordion.gif

:rotfl2:

Guess what?

I like Mickey playing the accordion!

He doesn't look too hippie-ish.

But it's a slippery slope he's got himself on there.

So, I will be sure to keep an eye on him.

Thanks for the warning.

TCD

TCD, I may have saved the day. What Mickey is playing is a Concertina and not an Accordian. It's not a different name for the same thing and although related, they are very different instruments. So nice try MandMLUVMMandDVC. Accusing the beloved Mickey of being an accordian playing hippie. What's next, calling him a rat?

TCD, I may have saved the day. What Mickey is playing is a Concertina and not an Accordian. It's not a different name for the same thing and although related, they are very different instruments. So nice try MandMLUVMMandDVC. Accusing the beloved Mickey of being an accordian playing hippie. What's next, calling him a rat?

No.... we reserve the "Rat Thing" for Mr. Iger.

TCD, I may have saved the day. What Mickey is playing is a Concertina and not an Accordian. It's not a different name for the same thing and although related, they are very different instruments. So nice try MandMLUVMMandDVC. Accusing the beloved Mickey of being an accordian playing hippie.:

Someone watches too much Lawrence Welk :laughing:

So he's a concertina playing hippie, then?
That's okay, right?
TCD will have to make the call on that. His horrific experience involved an accordian playing hippie. Now come on, a rat, I mean a mouse, playing a mini accordian, I mean a concertina, how scary can that be?

TCD will have to make the call on that. His horrific experience involved an accordian playing hippie. Now come on, a rat, I mean a mouse, playing a mini accordian, I mean a concertina, how scary can that be?

I see I need to clear up a common misconception.

So the record is clear, I have nothing against hippies.

Yes, I admit that I am leery of them all.

But, that's only because of the drugs and murdering.

It's only the drug taking and murdering kind that I am against.

I admit that I don't like the accordion playing kind, but I have camped near one, and lived to tell the tale.

So we are all clear, I only have problems with murdering hippies.

The rest can stay.

Yes, even if they play the accordion.

But the second the murdering starts, they have to go.

Now, back to our rumor mongering.

The Orlando Business Journal reported on this rumor last week:

Disney’s River Country to become future resort?

That is some fine journalism right there.

I am glad I'm not an Orlando business person.

I wonder if the "reporter" got paid for that article?

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter