A Double Dose of Disney Fun-2 Pre-Trip Reports in 1!

Love the flashback pictures Stacy! Your kiddos were so little :goodvibes

Ben's face in the picture in front of the hat is priceless - he looks totally fed up with the picture taking! :laughing:

Ben's face in the picture in front of the hat is priceless - he looks totally fed up with the picture taking! :laughing:

I agree completely! The picture of Ben made me LOL. :rotfl:

I guess I drank the Kool-Aid too, but you know what? I didn't even realize I drank it until after we were home from our first trip. It took a few weeks at home before I realized how much I loved it and how I couldn't wait to go back.

To answer your earlier questions-we have not been to Typhoon Lagoon. At this point I am toying with the idea of sending them to Aquatica instead. Mostly this is because it is free for us to get in there. My sister went to Aquatica last summer and loved it. Anyone have any advice? :confused3

Stacy, I completely understand about trying to keep a PTR and a TR going at the same time. I guess it's just one of the costs for us getting so lucky as to get to go to Disney on back-to-back trips ! :thumbsup2

I'm so glad you're trying 'Ohana breakfast. We really enjoy this one. Hope you all do to. AND, :yay: for a DIS meet with MeMom and Jill and those sweet girls!

Love the flashback pictures. If you and John drank the kool-aid on that trip, I think Ben must have had some too. His expression in each picture, just says, "I love this place!" :goodvibes

Thanks Michelle! They were so little. Hard to believe how fast they grow!
You may very well be right about that picture of Ben. He still gets aggravated with me for taking so many pictures!

I agree completely! The picture of Ben made me LOL. :rotfl:

I guess I drank the Kool-Aid too, but you know what? I didn't even realize I drank it until after we were home from our first trip. It took a few weeks at home before I realized how much I loved it and how I couldn't wait to go back.

To answer your earlier questions-we have not been to Typhoon Lagoon. At this point I am toying with the idea of sending them to Aquatica instead. Mostly this is because it is free for us to get in there. My sister went to Aquatica last summer and loved it. Anyone have any advice? :confused3

I laughed too when I was finding pictures to upload. I asked him if he remembered why he was mad but he didn't.
You know, even though I knew before I left that I wanted to go back, it wasn't until our next trip in Jan. '08 that I really got to the point where I wanted to go every year or more!!

We're going to Aquatica this summer for the very reason you stated-it's FREE! I've only heard good things. I'll be able to let you know what I think once I am back!:thumbsup2

Why is my ticker gone again?? :confused3 I changed it when there were problems before...

Mine comes and goes sometimes. Maybe it will come back after a while.

Stacy, I completely understand about trying to keep a PTR and a TR going at the same time. I guess it's just one of the costs for us getting so lucky as to get to go to Disney on back-to-back trips ! :thumbsup2

I'm so glad you're trying 'Ohana breakfast. We really enjoy this one. Hope you all do to. AND, :yay: for a DIS meet with MeMom and Jill and those sweet girls!

Love the flashback pictures. If you and John drank the kool-aid on that trip, I think Ben must have had some too. His expression in each picture, just says, "I love this place!" :goodvibes

Yes, yes...I think there are worse things than having to keep up PTR/TR's for multiple trips!!:rotfl: I just don't want to get shut down like I did last summer.

I'm excited to try 'Ohana. I really wanted to go there but didn't think I could squeeze it in. I just decided to make room!:rolleyes:
I'm also excited for my DIS meet! I wish I could have more!!

I laughed about the comment about Ben. Yes, he definitely has drank the kool-aid and Ellie too. Gallons of it. They love it as much as me. John just rolls his eyes at us!:upsidedow

Happy Mother's Day!
Somewhere, somehow in all the hustle and bustle of life, I have gotten to 44 days!!:dance3::dance3:

I did manage to get the countdown calendar done and the kids have been using that this week. I need to take a picture and put it up. I also have done some shopping ( I know, you're shocked!:eek:).:rotfl: I will put those pictures up too. Today I am going to The Disney Store and spending some time with Ellie so I'll wait and post pictures after my purchases there...:rolleyes1

I have some flashback pictures to put up and then I want to put my final plans for park days and meals up. So many plans, so little time!!

I still have been unable to locate pictures of my first Disney trip. I found the album I *thought* they were in but they weren't there.:headache:
These pictures are from the kids' 2nd trip. We went January 5-12 in 2008. This trip was special and different for us because my best friend and her family went with us and my sister ended up coming for part of it. My friend, who is local, flew out with us. We all stayed at The Beach Club. My sister got a good deal on a 3 night Disney cruise. When she called to tell me about it, and I heard the dates, I told her she should come to Disney with us for a few days before the cruise. She checked it out and decided to do it. We didn't tell the kids so when we landed at MCO, she and my BIL surprised the kids. It was great! My kids love my BIL, Bobby. He's the classic jokester, fovever kid. Unfortunately, at age 50, he was struck with early Alzheimers. My sister's life changed quickly. He still knows everyone, for the most part, and can take care of himself but the disease is progressing quite rapidly.:sad2: My sister and I are very close so I was glad we were all able to have these memories together in the Happiest Place on Earth!
This was the first time for Ben and Ellie to fly!
100_1167.jpg

Back then, you had to wait in a long line at ME. Ellie hung out with Uncle Bobby.
100_1172.jpg

Never get tired of seeing this...
100_1182.jpg

Loved this place!
IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0449-1.jpg

con't...

Here are some more pictures from the trip. I won't post much commentary. If you see some cute, blonde kids in the pictures, those are my friend Linda's babies. We had a great time with them. We didn't stay together all the time but met up everyday for our meal. They couldn't keep up with my pace!:rotfl:

Oh, and Christmas stuff was still up. I was glad to see it but for me, it wasn't the same because "Christmas" time was over, ya know? That's why I am so excited to be going right after Christmas this year when it still feels like Christmas.

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

Dumbo is for babies...
IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

100_1249.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

100_1186.jpg

100_1220.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0468-1.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0724-1.jpg

It was a fantastic trip. We :love: The Beach Club and hope to get a villa there sometime in the summer.
This trip was also a turning point for us. While here, we decided that I would go back to teaching AND we would start going to Disney every year!:thumbsup2

44 days?!?!?! it's going to go by soooo quickly! Thanks for sharing your pics! I didn't have a chance to explore the yacht and beach club but I'll be sure to do that on my to-do list for next trip!!

44 days?!?!?! it's going to go by soooo quickly! Thanks for sharing your pics! I didn't have a chance to explore the yacht and beach club but I'll be sure to do that on my to-do list for next trip!!

Hi Keala! Welcome back!
44 days makes me super excited. Plus, that means that the end of the school year is in there too!:thumbsup2

Beach club is so pretty. You won't regret making time to get over there and have a look!

Yay!! Great updates! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day, today, and I too am going to get my update in gear!!! Oh! Happy Mother's Day!!! :goodvibes:

Shopping is so much fun!! I've made some purchases recently for the trip.

First up are some Vera's.
I got a Saddle Up and a Villager in Mod Floral pink. I bought a Saddle Up in Cupcakes Pink a few weeks ago and love using it as my everyday purse. I had a sale code and free shipping code so I splurged and ordered these other two. Also got a Villager for my mil for Mother's Day. She loved it!

The Villager will be my "car" bag. With a 12 hour drive, I'll need many things to keep me occupied!
On the Spring Break trip I used a Cargo Sling in Mod Floral blue that I got off of ebay because that style is discontinued. I really liked it so I will use it again. But, I think I will also take the Saddle Up bags for lighter days in the parks/evenings.
IMG_0497.jpg

Up next, shoes! I love shoes!! I have plantar fascitis in my left foot so I am always on the hunt for cute shoes that don't kill my feet. I am in :love: with Chaco sandals but they aren't what I'd call *cute*. I have always heard good things about Teva Mush and then heard about these Yellow Box. So, I ordered Ellie and myself a pair of Teva's on Amazon and then zipped over to a store with Yellow Box on sale this week and we each got a pair of those too. Yep, my girl is a shoe horse like her momma!:rolleyes1
These are both pairs of the Teva's and Ellie's Yellow Box.
IMG_0496-1.jpg

These are my Yellow Box
IMG_0495-1.jpg

I've worn both pairs out and about shopping/to the mall and they've done great. Not sure they'd last for parks but definitely for limited times/DTD/ etc.

Today the plan was for Ellie and I to head out to lunch and to the mall that has a Disney Store (45 minutes away). John and Ben decided to go see Iron Man 2. After they left, when Ellie and I went to leave, I realized that my keys were in my purse....which was in the car....which WAS still here...but it was LOCKED!!:headache: For some reason, John tends to *accidentally* lock the car. I drive it all week and it never happens but on weekends it just mysteriously happens.:confused: Anywho, I called and the movie had already started so Ellie and I ended up just staying at home until they got back. Then we all went to lunch at Red Robin and jetted out to the mall. I had a great time but didn't get a chance to look at as much as I'd planned. It's ok though, still a fun day!:goodvibes
Here are my Disney purchases:
Cutest little cups. I got one for me, and one each for two of the girls who teach with me who love Disney too. They match the bag!
IMG_0502.jpg

Two tanks for Ellie
IMG_0501-1.jpg

Shirts for me. If I keep it up, I'll only own Disney shirts. As it is, it's pretty much all I wear on the weekends! Oh well, makes me happy.
IMG_0499-1.jpg

IMG_0498-1.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

I was uber excited for that purple one because I'd seen one a few months ago with balloons but they didn't have my size nor have it online. Now I am glad because this one is even cuter!!

That's all the shopping for now. Soon will be countdown calendar, park days, and final ADR line up. Also, we might have a new ride to get there, I'll keep you posted!:goodvibes

Yay!! Great updates! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day, today, and I too am going to get my update in gear!!! Oh! Happy Mother's Day!!! :goodvibes:

Thanks HD! I've had a great day with only 1 minor hiccup but it all got worked out!
Hope you've had a great day too!
Our trips are coming so quickly!
Thanks for thinking of us with the ADR's too!:goodvibes

Don't tell him this, but I think his little pouty face is just the cutest!!! :laughing:

Jill and I got those cups when we went to the Disney Store in Atlanta on Mary Poppins day. Haven't gotten to use mine yet, because I came home and started making preparations to go out of town. ;)

JUST love THOSE SHIRTS!!! The Purple one is definitely my favorite :) cute cups too, great patterns. I love the pair of Yellow Box flip flops I bought for the cruise. I got some sparkly brown ones with a wedge. Love them!

Can't believe the trip is coming so close, either! WOW! It will be here before we know it. :thumbsup2

Love the shopping pics!

Thanks! I :lovestruc to shop!!

Don't tell him this, but I think his little pouty face is just the cutest!!! :laughing:

Jill and I got those cups when we went to the Disney Store in Atlanta on Mary Poppins day. Haven't gotten to use mine yet, because I came home and started making preparations to go out of town. ;)

It is a cute pouty face, isn't it? He's changed so much since then...not much pouting these days. Now it's a not so cute eye roll...:rolleyes:

I love that cup and so do my two friends. I wish I'd bought one more for myself. Maybe they'll still be there next time! Hope you've used yours now!

JUST love THOSE SHIRTS!!! The Purple one is definitely my favorite :) cute cups too, great patterns. I love the pair of Yellow Box flip flops I bought for the cruise. I got some sparkly brown ones with a wedge. Love them!

Can't believe the trip is coming so close, either! WOW! It will be here before we know it. :thumbsup2

Thanks on the shirts. I'm pleased with them!
Yellow box are my favorite flippies now! I saw the sparkly brown ones too-cute!!

I'm on a spending freeze on flip flops....
just wondering now though...
comfort factor on the yellow box flip flops
how do they feel?

I'm on a spending freeze on flip flops....
just wondering now though...
comfort factor on the yellow box flip flops
how do they feel?

They are heavenly! Like walking on marshmallows. I've worn them on an all day mall/car lot/Wal-Mart shopping day and they felt great.:cloud9: I have trouble with my left foot (plantar fascisitis) and they didn't bother me at all.

Can I be in the enabling club now????:rotfl:

Whew! Another week has come and gone. I am slammed at school and will continue to be for the next couple of weeks. After state testing, things will slow down a little. At that point it becomes "crowd control" until June 18th. On one hand it seems so close and yet, a long way to go with 25 anxious, excited, and talkative 7-8 year olds!:upsidedow

I wanted to get in a quick update tonight.
First is our countdown calendar. We started with 50 days and are now down to 37!
Here's the whole thing.
IMG_0510.jpg

And a close-up.
IMG_0511-1.jpg

Each sticky note has a trivia question on the back. Ben and Ellie take turns taking off a sticky. That person gets first dibs at answering but if they don't know, the other (or me and John) can answer. Then they put a sticker on the Mickey head. They really like doing it and it is a visual reminder for all of us at how fast our trip is coming up!!

The other major event that happened here this week was a new car purchase!:yay: We'd been bouncing around the idea, went looking last weekend, and ended up falling in love with a Toyota Sienna. Didn't plan on getting a van, was opposed to it actually, but I really like this one more than the once we had before and there is SO much space in this thing.
IMG_0504-1.jpg

IMG_0505-1.jpg

Captain's chairs for the kids.
IMG_0506-1.jpg

Lots of room up front too!
IMG_0507-1.jpg

Mega cargo space ready for our drives to Disney.:goodvibes
IMG_0508-1.jpg

I, of course, Disneyfied her right away!
IMG_0509-1.jpg

In unfortunate news, our air conditioning broke yesterday.:sad2: We had family over for dinner and had been cooking/baking so I thought that was why the house was hot. After everyone left I looked at the thermostat and it was 81!:eek: AC wasn't on and John checked and the line had ice on it. Called the repair guy who said he couldn't do anything with ice on the line so he would come today. He did come and recharged the system so it would cool the house for the time being but it looks like we will have to get a whole new system. That was an expense we weren't counting on!:headache:
Good thing we got the car before this!:rolleyes:

Nice new car!

Sorry about the AC. Mine has held on several years longer than I thought it would have, so whenever it does give it up, I won't be able to complain.

We're already in crowd control mode. Every day at least one of the kids wants to know if it is the last day of school. I am tempted to just tell them yes - one by one until nobody is left. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter