A Double Dose of Disney Fun-2 Pre-Trip Reports in 1!

Yep, that's the deal. 2 carry on's...:scared1: You feel my pain, right??? We're flying Airtran and they charge a checked bag fee so the brillant one decided that we could only take carry on's. We'll have two suitcases and then everyone will have some sort of bag/backpack. Thankfully we'll have a washer/dryer in the villa or else it couldn't be done. When you guys read the TR you'll notice some repeat clothes!:rotfl:

Wow - I know I couldn't do that, I don't think I could even get just MY stuff in 2 carry on's :lmao: At least you'll have a washer/dryer that will make things much easier!

Mom was saying the other day that she might try and just take a carry on - my response was why in the world would you want to do that?! We are flying SW, no checked bag fee, Disney picks them up and brings them to you - there really is no reason to try and cram everything for an entire week into a carry on. She got my point ;)

Oh my goodness! 5 days until your trip? I know that you are getting super excited! :woohoo:

I am super excited but we actually have 9 days until our trip. We leave Easter Sunday. I want it to come quickly and yet I need time to get some more done!!

Wow - I know I couldn't do that, I don't think I could even get just MY stuff in 2 carry on's :lmao: At least you'll have a washer/dryer that will make things much easier!

Mom was saying the other day that she might try and just take a carry on - my response was why in the world would you want to do that?! We are flying SW, no checked bag fee, Disney picks them up and brings them to you - there really is no reason to try and cram everything for an entire week into a carry on. She got my point ;)

Oh ya, if there was no checked bag fee I totally would not even be trying this. So far, it's not going well.:sad2: I've just been gathering stuff and putting it on the suitcase and I don't know how I am going to do it. John packed his things and left a 6 inch space for Ben's things. I asked him how he thought that was going to work and he insists that he's going to get it all in there this weekend.:confused3 If push comes to shove, I'll have to pack another small bag and have Ben take it as his carry on.

Two weeks!!:banana: Two weeks from tonight I should be at Wilderness Lodge getting all settled in our villa! We were talking last night about when we were going to redeem our AP vouchers. We're considering heading to MK and doing it Sunday night since that park is open until 2 am. A lot will depend on how late we make it to VWL. I don't want the kids out too late since we'll be up early the next day.

I'm picturing a wonderful, relaxing evening and some pool time on arrival night. :)

I'm picturing a wonderful, relaxing evening and some pool time on arrival night. :)

Ahhh, unfortunately we get there too late I think to swim. We don't land at MCO until a little after 8:15. By the time we get there and get in our room I'm guessing we don't do much other than walk around and then go to bed!

Ch--Ch--Changes!! Nothing major, just packing changes that I kinda figured would need to come...:rolleyes1 After John started actually trying to pack, he became aware of how difficult it was going to be getting everything into the two carry-ons. While I DID get all 4 of us packed clotheswise, it was a really tight fit and some things were going to have to go in backpacks and such that I didn't want in there. Last night we bounced around some ideas-3 carry ons, checking one bag and carrying on one...etc. He finally agreed to checking one bag but not tagging it for ME. Since we get in after 8 he doesn't want to not have our luggage for the night. So, we're going to run to baggage claim and get our bag before heading to ME. Hopefully it won't add too much time to our night. I feel so much better though because we'll have more room and it won't be as hard to get through security since we won't have any liquids. I'm hoping to not have to take another carry on (besides our bags that we'll all have) but I'm leaving that option open.

With that decision out of the way, I feel so much better and am ready for this trip. Goodness knows I need it! I have a busy week ahead school wise trying to get some last minute teaching and testing done before spring break. :teacher: It's amazing what they lose over a 5 day period! Plus, I am out of my classroom all day on Thursday for vertical planning so that means I only really have 4 days and one of them is Friday which will be more crowd control than anything else!:rolleyes: John is working overtime this week to flex some of his vacation days so I have to also get the kids to their activities and such. Luckily Ben's swim team ended this weekend so that's one less place to go each night.

I need to make a list of all the things I have left to do. I know they changed park hours and schedules so I also have to update my trip planner.

Whew, I am just babbling tonight! One cute story before I go...John's sister, Laura, was down this weekend with her daughter. She is the one we're staying with next weekend and is taking us to the airport. Anyways, as we were leaving last night she told the kids that she'd see them next weekend for Easter and it was going to be the best day ever. Ben's reply "I'm excited about coming but going to Disney World would be the best day ever..." Isn't that great???? All the adults just looked at each other and grinned!!:cloud9:

I'll be checking in this week! Thanks to those of you who have stuck around reading my madness!!:upsidedow

Yay for John finally seeing the light and allowing you to check a bag! :woohoo: I really understand his desire not to - those checked bag fees are ridiculous, but it's better than stressing over what you can take :thumbsup2

I'd love to be a fly on the wall on Sunday to see your kids reactions when they learn that they are going to WDW - I'm so excited that you were able to keep the surprise!

Anyways, as we were leaving last night she told the kids that she'd see them next weekend for Easter and it was going to be the best day ever. Ben's reply "I'm excited about coming but going to Disney World would be the best day ever..."

Awww, I'm smiling just reading that, thinking, "Ben, if you only knew........." :)

Well at least I finally made it over to wish you a proper send off and happy vibes for the final few days as you get ready for your wonderful trip to DISNEY!!! How exciting for you! And then another in a few short months!!! That is the only way to keep the Disney blues away :laughing: Looking forward to the trip count down mayhem!

I'm going to go ahead and send you my well wishes now because things are getting ready to get crazy over here with Easter coming! :scared1: So I hope you guys have a very safe and magical trip! :wizard: I am so excited to hear all about it when you get back, so take lots of pictures for me (and enjoy that wonderful bread and steak for me at LC:worship: they really need a drooling smiley on the DIS)!

Yay for John finally seeing the light and allowing you to check a bag! :woohoo: I really understand his desire not to - those checked bag fees are ridiculous, but it's better than stressing over what you can take :thumbsup2

I'd love to be a fly on the wall on Sunday to see your kids reactions when they learn that they are going to WDW - I'm so excited that you were able to keep the surprise!

Oh yes, packing has gone much better now! I think I am just about done!

We plan on videoing the "reveal" so hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to post that on here!:upsidedow

Well at least I finally made it over to wish you a proper send off and happy vibes for the final few days as you get ready for your wonderful trip to DISNEY!!! How exciting for you! And then another in a few short months!!! That is the only way to keep the Disney blues away :laughing: Looking forward to the trip count down mayhem!

Thanks for coming over HD!! Mayhem...I don't know what you are referring to...none of that here-HA!:rolleyes1

I'm going to go ahead and send you my well wishes now because things are getting ready to get crazy over here with Easter coming! :scared1: So I hope you guys have a very safe and magical trip! :wizard: I am so excited to hear all about it when you get back, so take lots of pictures for me (and enjoy that wonderful bread and steak for me at LC:worship: they really need a drooling smiley on the DIS)!

Thanks Rinky!:goodvibes I hope you have a great Easter weekend. Is your spring break after Easter also? If so, enjoy the time with your DD!:goodvibes I'll be back with lots of pics!:love:

Yay!! It's Friday!!:banana::banana: Last day of school before break and our trip!!

TRIP?? Aaaaack-it's Friday and I still have MUCH to do!! :rotfl: Oh well, it's fun stuff and I will enjoy doing it all!!

I will be glad to have this week behind me. School has been c-r-a-z-y to say the least. I didn't get everything done that I needed to and today won't be much better but it will all get done eventually!! Plus, to top it all off I am sick.:sick: Blech. I thought it was allergies at first but I am pretty sure it's a cold. I feel better today so I am hoping it's on the way out. Ben had it early in the week and seems all better. I just hope John and Ellie don't catch it now because they'd still be yucky on the trip!

My friend asked me yesterday what I was going to do about my trip since I was sick. Huh???:confused3 I know I must've looked at her like she had 6 heads. I told her first of all it's just a cold and secondly, I'd have to be chained to a hospital bed to not get on that plane Sunday night!:lmao:

Hope everyone has a great Friday! I hope to be back at least one more time before we leave!:dance3:

Wow! have a great time! I hope the crowds dont cause you too much grief, but if ever you are in the thick of it, just remember you are in Disney!! I hear the weather is wonderful down there! I hope you have a lovely time and enjoy everything!!!!

Stacy-I hope you all have a FANTASTIC time! It looks like the weather will be beautiful! I can't wait to hear all about once you return.

Here's a little pixiedust to help you feel better and to keep anyone else from getting sick: pixiedust:

Have a GREAT time this week! Be thinking of all of us back at home wishing we were down there having a BLAST!!! Hope you feel better soon. I'm sure that once you get there, you'll forget all about your stuffy, sneezing, coughing, fever, and sniffling. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter