A Double Dose of Disney Fun-2 Pre-Trip Reports in 1!

Wow, June 18?! We just have 7 more days, I'm sure we probably started before you though.

Congrats on the new car! I've got a bit of new car fever myself, but I'm trying hard to refrain, it's so nice not having a car payment.....

That stinks about your a/c system, we had to use our tax return to replace ours :sad2:

What a cute countdown calendar! I love your mickey heads, very cute! AND nice new car! AND so sorry about the AC -- rats!

Think happy thoughts! ;)

Nice new car!

Sorry about the AC. Mine has held on several years longer than I thought it would have, so whenever it does give it up, I won't be able to complain.

We're already in crowd control mode. Every day at least one of the kids wants to know if it is the last day of school. I am tempted to just tell them yes - one by one until nobody is left. ;)

Thanks on the new car! We are loving it!
The a/c is causing some angst but we'll muddle through!
Too funny about school! You must be really close to the end now. We made a countdown chain and they are enjoying taking a link off each day. I am enjoying how it's getting shorter!!

Wow, June 18?! We just have 7 more days, I'm sure we probably started before you though.

Congrats on the new car! I've got a bit of new car fever myself, but I'm trying hard to refrain, it's so nice not having a car payment.....

That stinks about your a/c system, we had to use our tax return to replace ours :sad2:

Yes, I am sure that we started after you...we started on Sept. 7th this year. I keep telling myself this as so many here on the DIS are getting out. Come August I will still be at the beach while you guys are going back to school. It's so hard though here at the end when we're so tired!

We went for years without a car payment and then had to get a new one when John's car died. This time we paid one off and got this one so it's not a huge shock to the system!

The a/c stuff is a bummer, and something we weren't counting on. But, that's life, isn't it??

WigD, I wore mine at Castaway Cay and they were just perfect... JUST sayin'
:rolleyes1 NOT that you are going there anytime soon...

What a cute countdown calendar! I love your mickey heads, very cute! AND nice new car! AND so sorry about the AC -- rats!

Think happy thoughts! ;)

Yep, WigD needs to unfreeze the spending on the flippies....;)

Thanks on the countdown calendar! The kids are having a blast with it. Those Mickeys are just peeled off Home Depot paint thingies...:rolleyes1
The new car is fun. Definitely an upgrade for us and the nicest car I've ever owned!
Rats is right on the a/c.:sad2: Between that, stress at school, and some other stuff I've been focusing on my trip in 34 days!!!

30 days!! 30 days!!:dance3::banana::banana::dance3:

I am so excited...and actually starting to realize that I have bunches to do and not that much time. Only 4 more weekends before we leave and 1 of those we are going to be out of town and one is Ellie's dance recital. Plus I was thinking of letting the kids have an end of year pool party...that is still in the thought process and may get thrown out the window...we'll see!

Trip news...well, it involves a blunder...on my part.:eek:
Seems as though, when we decided on dates for this trip and booked it (waaaaaaaay back in October), we planned our leaving day for July 2nd. Well, in fuzzy Disney planning-that's related to fuzzy Disney math-I got the 2nd stuck in my head as our LAST day, not our LEAVING day. Made ADR's...made plans.
Well, last night, I was on the DVC member site looking at points for Christmas and next year and spotted the error. Yikes! I flipped out.:scared1: It's totally my fault but the thought of giving up that day. I fessed up to John and we discussed our options:
1. Cancel the ADR and head out, as originally planned (BOO!)
2. Book a night at POP and leave 7/3
3. Keep the ADR and head out a little later that day and either drive through or stop somewhere and finish the trip home on the 3rd.

I, of course, was hoping for option 2 but given that it was my Disney hungry brain that did this was willing to compromise. John really doesn't want to drive on the 3rd as he's worried about holiday traffic but he's willing to go with Option 3 as long as we can get most of the trip behind us on the 2nd. So, we'll keep our ADR for 9:30 and head out sometime late morning/early afternoon. I think we'll be able to push it and get home that night but we'll see how it goes.

One way this helps actually is that I have family coming into town on the 2nd. They were going to stay here without us but now we'll be home sooner and get to spend more time with them which I am excited about. In the end, I guess it all works out!! I still can't believe I got twisted up like that...John isn't surprised at all!:laughing:

Here are our final plans...as of right now anyways! I am still trying to get him to leave on the 22nd and stop but now that we might have the stop on the way back don't know if it's going to work!

Wed. June 23rd: Leave approx. 3 a.m.
Stop at Wal-Mart and grab groceries
Check in at OKW
Head to DTD for dinner

Thurs. June 24th
Magic Kingdom
Lunch ADR at Plaza @11:05

Friday June 25th
Epcot
Lunch ADR at Rose & Crown @ 1:00

Saturday June 26th
DHS
Lunch at Pizza Planet (a promise to Ellie)
Dinner ADR at 50's PTC @ 5:15

Sunday June 27th
AK
Brunch ADR at Donald's @10:25

Monday June 28th
Sea World
Wal-Mart stop if needed
dinner somewhere-off site or DTD

Tuesday June 29th
Aquatica (waterpark)
ADR at Boma @ 5:00

Wednesday June 30th
MK
ADR for breakfast at CRT @ 8:05
Ben-Pirates's league appt. @ 11:00
Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise @8:00

Thursday July 1st
Brunch ADR at Ohana @ 10:20
Resort time/DIS meet/packing
Dinner ADR at Olivia's @ 5:05

Friday July 2nd
Breakfast ADR at 1900 PF @ 9:30
Leaving for home :sad1:

These are just skeleton plans and only reflect the park we will be at for rope drop. I'm sure there will be lots of swim time in the afternoons and evening park hops. I also hope to get in some resort hopping-maybe on our Sea World/Aquatica days.
As of right now, Fantasmic! is showing on Thurs. 6/24, Sun. 6/27, and Tues. 6/29. We'll probably go on 6/27 as that's our AK day and the park closes at 6. We can spend a full day here, let the kids swim and grab a bite at Good's and head to DHS for the show. It will be crowded, I know, and we may not get perfect seats but I will be excited just to see it. I'm hoping they add in some extra shows. The kids are old enough now to do the later ones.

Off to get ready for school tomorrow and hopefully a TR post up too!

Woo Hoo for 30 days! :banana::banana::banana:

I think the solution you came up with to your dilemma will work out just fine. It'll be fun to get one more character breakfast in to end your trip! :thumbsup2

Oh my, how did I not know you had a PTR?! OOPS! Here now!

Hey! I just saw your update, I gotta head out but I will be back to read your itinerary, okay?! :thumbsup2 Trips are coming up fast aren't they??!!!

I'm back and trying to catch up, and WOW---so much to comment on!

First-I love all your shopping-especially that purple shirt with the balloons! I've never seen that one.

YAY for a new car. :yay: We had a Toyota van a few years ago---loved it. Drove like a dream. AND I love the BAMA red color you chose! ;) I too, have new car fever, but I am trying to resist, because I really don't want a car payment again right now.

You are getting so close to your trip---It will be here before you know it!

Hi!!! I'm having a "catch up on all the PTR's that I accidently abandoned" day :rotfl: I can't believe you're leaving so soon! :dance3: I wish I was leaving for Disney this month too! I keep getting pin codes in emails but I can't convince my mom to go again until 2011 :laughing:

Hi everyone!! Just a quick check in to let you know that I haven't completely abandoned my PTR!!

We went away this weekend for John's birthday and just returned this afternoon. Hopefully I can get a few pictures up of some of the really fun stuff we did.

Another busy week at school but the end is finally near...just 6 more whole days and 3 half days...I feel like the Little Engine that Could...I think I can, I think I can!!

John and I started making our shopping lists for this trip finally! We have 2 weekends left before we go!:eek: This weekend is Ellie's dance recital. The next weekend will be dedicated to packing with a break to go see Toy Story 3.:yay: I had originally played with the idea of having a pool party but I think I've decided against it...maybe just a couple of friends over as opposed to a big bash...

Updates coming soon! Thanks to those of you that are sticking with me!!

Another busy week at school but the end is finally near...just 6 more whole days and 3 half days...I feel like the Little Engine that Could...I think I can, I think I can!!

I have 6 days of classes(done next Tuesday) then two exams Wednesday, one Thursday, and my last one Monday(the 21st). I wish that one was Friday so I wouldn't have to go to school just for two hours after the weekend but that's just the way the schedule worked out.

A banana for both of us being almost done! :banana: :goodvibes

Still Here!!!! I know your trip is coming up fast too!!! Isn't it crazy how it suddenly is HERE!!!!?? I have TWO days to get organized! :laughing: Trying not to think about that!!! :eek: Anyhow, I will double check to see when our paths might cross, I can't see where you are making any specific plans for the evenings, so does that mean you are going to the same park? When you post those details I will check... I will be on DIS next week, though from New Orleans! So I will keep on the lookout! :magnify:

I have 6 days of classes(done next Tuesday) then two exams Wednesday, one Thursday, and my last one Monday(the 21st). I wish that one was Friday so I wouldn't have to go to school just for two hours after the weekend but that's just the way the schedule worked out.

A banana for both of us being almost done! :banana: :goodvibes

We're closer to being done now!!
That does stink you have to go in on the 21st...I feel the same way. Our last three days are 1/2 days so I wish they'd let Friday be our last day. It would be hard work to get my classroom completely ready by then but I'd sure get it done!!

Still Here!!!! I know your trip is coming up fast too!!! Isn't it crazy how it suddenly is HERE!!!!?? I have TWO days to get organized! :laughing: Trying not to think about that!!! :eek: Anyhow, I will double check to see when our paths might cross, I can't see where you are making any specific plans for the evenings, so does that mean you are going to the same park? When you post those details I will check... I will be on DIS next week, though from New Orleans! So I will keep on the lookout! :magnify:

The no plans in the evenings is my attempt at not being called the Disney Nazi on this trip!:lmao: I purposely scheduled more lunch and brunch ressies so we could stay at a park until we wanted and then go back to swim, park hop, whatever/wherever the mood takes us!
These evenings I am sure about:
24th: Will be in MK viewing MSEP and Nightastic
26th: HS until closing at 7
27th: HS again but later for F!
I really need to go back and check your plans!!

Holy where has the time gone, Batman! 5 days from now we will already be on our way!!:dance3: I can't believe how quickly it has come. Lots to do this weekend for sure!!

Today I have my last day with my students. While I am happy and in need of a break, now that it is here, I am a little sad. I've had a mostly good group this year and will really miss some of them. Today will be a fun day spent outside having a picnic and then they will go home early. I still have lots of paperwork to do and CLEANING!

On Saturday, before our big Toy Story marathon, I need to get some packing done too. Yep, haven't packed hardly a thing.:scared1: Last year at this point I think I had outfits matched and bagged! This year I won't have to pack as much though since we will have the washer...never thought I'd be so excited about a washer on vacation!:laughing:

We also have to take the van in. We apparently rolled over a nail on our trip the other weekend. They can't fix it because of where it is so they have to replace the whole tire. Yet another bill right here before our trip.:sad2:

I'm sorry I have been so remiss about my PTR updates. I wanted to get some things up here that I never seemed to get done. Hopefully I'll get another update done before we leave!

Have a great weekend!

Yay for the last day of school! :cheer2:

Yay for just 5 more days!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

That stinks about the tire, I had a flat the other day, nail in the tire as well, thanfully they were able to fix it and I didn't have to buy a new tire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter