A Double Dose of Disney Fun-2 Pre-Trip Reports in 1!

My friend asked me yesterday what I was going to do about my trip since I was sick. Huh???:confused3 I know I must've looked at her like she had 6 heads. I told her first of all it's just a cold and secondly, I'd have to be chained to a hospital bed to not get on that plane Sunday night!:lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: That is exactly right, girl! :thumbsup2

By now, I know that you are at Disney. I hope you have a magical time---Can't wait to hear about it!

Just thought of you today as I sit here with a house full of wild children out on spring break, piles of laundry to do :laundy: , a sink full of dishes, and a major allergy flare up due to the 10 inches of pollen that covers EVERYTHING! Something tells me that you are enjoying a relaxing ride on Soarin' and headed for a nice quiet dinner at Le Cellier (where there will be no sink full of dishes awaiting you afterwards). :rolleyes1 My envy has even turned my text green! :rolleyes:

Hi everyone!!
We are home!! Got in an hour or so ago and now getting ready to go get the dog.
I will be getting pictures uploaded tonight and tomorrow so I can get started on the trip report before I head back to work on Monday. My first priority will be getting the video of the "reveal" up...it was classic!!

Thanks for all the well wishes. It was a wonderful trip and I can't wait to relive it and share it with you guys!!:goodvibes

Hi everyone!!
We are home!! Got in an hour or so ago and now getting ready to go get the dog.
I will be getting pictures uploaded tonight and tomorrow so I can get started on the trip report before I head back to work on Monday. My first priority will be getting the video of the "reveal" up...it was classic!!

Thanks for all the well wishes. It was a wonderful trip and I can't wait to relive it and share it with you guys!!:goodvibes

So ready to see how it went! :)

Thanks! I am excited to start writing!

Coming up soon, I hope!

Photobucket is being a pill and the video is too big so I may have to try another site!

Well, hop to it won't ya? Don't you know we are all waiting? I know you don't have anything else to do after coming home from vacation-no laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning up, unpacking....I am sure that the only thing on your to-do list is to get that video uploaded so you can please your DIS friends!:laughing:

I can't wait to see the big surprise! I bet your kids were just beside themselves.

Guess what-I am getting to go to a park next week after all! We are going to hit Magic Kingdom on Wednesday-and do the Wishes Dessert Buffet! I called yesterday on a whim, and they had spots available. I went ahead and booked, but made sure I could cancel if DH said no. I offered a compromise to DH and said if we went to MK this time that I'd give up the babysitter and night out at Le Cellier on our August trip. He told me to keep both! :love:I love him! And I am even more super excited about out little getaway now.

Well, hop to it won't ya? Don't you know we are all waiting? I know you don't have anything else to do after coming home from vacation-no laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning up, unpacking....I am sure that the only thing on your to-do list is to get that video uploaded so you can please your DIS friends!:laughing:

I can't wait to see the big surprise! I bet your kids were just beside themselves.

Guess what-I am getting to go to a park next week after all! We are going to hit Magic Kingdom on Wednesday-and do the Wishes Dessert Buffet! I called yesterday on a whim, and they had spots available. I went ahead and booked, but made sure I could cancel if DH said no. I offered a compromise to DH and said if we went to MK this time that I'd give up the babysitter and night out at Le Cellier on our August trip. He told me to keep both! :love:I love him! And I am even more super excited about out little getaway now.

I'm working on it, I promise!! The video was too big for Photobucket so John is doing something to it to make it smaller for me. He's working on it right now!

I'm so excited for you!!! Magic Kingdom would be my pick for a park too and the Wishes dessert party sounds like so much fun!

My poor, poor neglected PTR! I seem to have trouble keeping up with two things but I will do a better job this weekend!

I have been inspired by others to do a flashback of some previous Disney trips so I plan to get some of that up on here this weekend. I've got to find those pictures of my first trip...

In trip related news, I booked another breakfast for our trip. 'Ohana!! I'm so excited! I got it for a later time since we have the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise the night before. Then later that same day I am hoping for a wonderful DIS meet with MeMom and Jill!:yay:

One last thing for this short update...

60 Days!!:dance3::dance3:party:

I can't wait to hear what you think of the Ohana breakfast. You'll be there just about a month before me I think. I am just taking Johanna to that one while Jason takes the older girls to Typhoon Lagoon.

In trip related news, I booked another breakfast for our trip. 'Ohana!! I'm so excited! I got it for a later time since we have the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise the night before. Then later that same day I am hoping for a wonderful DIS meet with MeMom and Jill!:yay:

Have we set specifics for this yet?
What day, where, what time?
I apologize if I am forgetting exacts.
Between end-of-school stuff, Bella's surgery, the Mary Poppins meet, the Mother's Day trip, and the summer trip, I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row. :)

I can't wait to hear what you think of the Ohana breakfast. You'll be there just about a month before me I think. I am just taking Johanna to that one while Jason takes the older girls to Typhoon Lagoon.

That'll be neat for the two of you to have some special time.:goodvibes
Have you guys been to Typhoon Lagoon before? That's where we went last year and we really liked it. Tell your DH to be sure to get some of the the little donut thingies there for a snack. They are super yummy!

Have we set specifics for this yet?
What day, where, what time?
I apologize if I am forgetting exacts.
Between end-of-school stuff, Bella's surgery, the Mary Poppins meet, the Mother's Day trip, and the summer trip, I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row. :)

No worries, I know you have lots going on.
As of right now, the plan was for you guys to come to OKW at some point that afternoon. You and Jill can come look at our room and you should bring swimsuits and let the girls swim. We have a ressie at 5 for Olivia's but before that I'm sure my two will be swimming too.
If something comes up or needs to change then we'll see what else we can cook up!

No worries, I know you have lots going on.
As of right now, the plan was for you guys to come to OKW at some point that afternoon. You and Jill can come look at our room and you should bring swimsuits and let the girls swim. We have a ressie at 5 for Olivia's but before that I'm sure my two will be swimming too.
If something comes up or needs to change then we'll see what else we can cook up!

Aaaah, yeah, now I remember! That is on the 1st, is that correct? That's the first full day of our trip. We're bringing the guys over with us, hopefully, as they have never seen OKW, and we really want them to. Maybe we can just get some burgers over at Good's and sit out by the pool and eat and let the girls get wet. I know Brooklynn would love it! I am thinking we might do that for lunch, and then get them back for afternoon naps. If not, we'll meet you shortly before your Olivia's reservation, but hopefully the lunch and swim will work out. :goodvibes

I am so sorry - I have so many dates and times and names swirling around in my head right now. Keep me straight on this! :thumbsup2

Aaaah, yeah, now I remember! That is on the 1st, is that correct? That's the first full day of our trip. We're bringing the guys over with us, hopefully, as they have never seen OKW, and we really want them to. Maybe we can just get some burgers over at Good's and sit out by the pool and eat and let the girls get wet. I know Brooklynn would love it! I am thinking we might do that for lunch, and then get them back for afternoon naps. If not, we'll meet you shortly before your Olivia's reservation, but hopefully the lunch and swim will work out. :goodvibes

I am so sorry - I have so many dates and times and names swirling around in my head right now. Keep me straight on this! :thumbsup2

Yeppers, that's the 1st of July!:thumbsup2

Lunchtime should be just fine. We have our 'Ohana breakfast at 10:20 so I'm sure we will be back to OKW by lunchtime. We'll be stuffed, I'm sure, but you guys can grab some lunch and the kids can swim while we chat and look at the room!:goodvibes

Flashbacks, Part 1
I have been inspired by a few others to do some flashbacks. I am still on the hunt for pictures from MY first Disney trip and I'm hoping to grab some from DH's when we eat at his parent's house Wednesday night.
In the meantime, I loaded up a few pictures from Ben and Ellie's first trip. Ben was 5 and Ellie was 3. Brought a smile to my face and tears to my eyes to see my babies.... Seems like yesterday and yet they've both changed soooo much.:goodvibes

We waited in line at the Judge's tent on our first day to see the big cheese. Ellie was petrified of the characters. She only had one good experience. I'll be posting that picture also in a bit.
DSCN0650.jpg

Some random pictures.
DSCN0652.jpg

DSCN0707.jpg

DSCN0676.jpg

DSCN0665.jpg

We only ate at one character meal this trip: Donald's Breakfastosaurus. At that time, it was at Restaurantosaurus. I was such a Disney novice then but I did know to call and get a reservation before park opening!!

Ellie was scared of the characters the whole time. She ate not one bite of food. Mickey was the last character to come. She came out of hiding for him...and even offered a smile.
DSCN0668.jpg

DSCN0670.jpg

Here comes the one and only smile for a character!
DSCN0669.jpg

Funny thing...nowadays Ellie doesn't eat much at character meals but for the opposite reason. She's so excited about seeing them that she watches for them instead of eating!:goodvibes

A few more in the next post..

Here are a few more shots.
Ben, the charmer, loved meeting the princesses. I had hopes that Ellie would be ok with the face characters but no luck.
DSCN0803.jpg

DSCN0804.jpg

I don't know what he was upset about but look at that face.:confused:
DSCN0698.jpg

Nothing a little Goofy hat can't cure. Ellie got Pluto.
DSCN0700.jpg

DSCN0732.jpg

Silliness!
DSCN0733.jpg

This is DTD on our last night. Taken shortly before my breakdown in WoD...that store was so big and it was hard keeping up with the kids, deciding on purchases, etc. We had a coupon so John had made me wait until then to get anything and I couldn't remember everything so I crossed the store umpteen times. I was exhausted, hot, and fed up! Needless to say, I have since learned that the best time to go is early morning or to go several times and just get a few things each trip!
DSCN0795.jpg

It was a truly magical trip! I was already a huge Disney fan in general but this resparked my love for WDW. As my sil would say, John and I both drank the kool-aid...:rotfl: When we left we planned to return in 3 years. It turned out to be 2...now I can't imagine even waiting that long!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter