A Disney Princess & her SERIOUSLY grumpy bf.... A Pre-Trip Report!

What should DBF and I do on our free night?

• Mini Golf

• Hang at the Boardwalk

• Go back to a park and finish up anything we missed

• DTD

• Other... TELL ME WHAT!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi there! I am wandering over to your PTR because I found your link in my own lol.

I am cracking up at your mischievous ways! That is too funny. I bet he will be sold on the place for sure once he gets there and realizes how magical it really is, especially when you have someone special to share the whole experience with :lovestruc

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my PTR. I wanted to come check yours out, too. I think you guys are eating at some great restaurants. Love California Grill, and with places like that, how can your DBF NOT fall in love with Disney? Looking forward to more reading in the days to come!

Just found your PTR today & your plans sound great so far.:thumbsup2 I had to laugh at your adding a night, I always do that every trip although with me it usually winds up being at least 2 extra nights. I can never leave it at my original time for some strange reason. On our 1st trip I added 3 nights because I got a discount coupon. On our 2nd trip I added 3 nights at Universal and on our 3rd I added 2 nights because it was free dining & I couldn't get all my choices in 8 nights(thats my story & I'm stickin' to it:rotfl:) I'm probably going to add one more night to our next trip for the same reason I added the last time, it's too hard to decide with so many good places to eat so it's easier to just add another day.

Good luck getting your ADRs. I can't wait to hear how it all turns out.:surfweb:

I'm so excited people are still interested and reading!:goodvibes

Disneymoonjess- no problem sending them to you. I'm always ready and willing to share with anyone. I just hope they are useful for you :)

tink1957- it's always okay to add on to your trips....it's just so hard to get everything done in such a short amount of time. Welcome!

donaldsgal: welcome to my PTR! I'm hoping he loves Disney so we can go back :cloud9:

ilovecupcakes: sharing with the experience will be magical for sure! welcome aboard!!

Okay, a few questions for anyone who is listening! First, does anyone know how I can quote multiple things in my replies? Secondly, I read somewhere that Fantasmic package can be booked 180 days out..is this really true???

Welcome to all my new readers:) More to come!

On the bottom of the posts, see that thing with the quote mark and the plus sign. Click that on any post you want to quote (I think up to 10 of them?) and then hit "post reply" (NOT quick reply) and it should work for you. :) Hope that helps

I have no idea about fantasmic, but I hope not, since I was hoping to get one of those for our stay!

On the bottom of the posts, see that thing with the quote mark and the plus sign. Click that on any post you want to quote (I think up to 10 of them?) and then hit "post reply" (NOT quick reply) and it should work for you. :) Hope that helps

I have no idea about fantasmic, but I hope not, since I was hoping to get one of those for our stay!

You have no idea how much you just rocked my world by telling me that!!!

I'm currently working on my back up plans, since I make ADR's this SATURDAY and SUNDAY! HOORAY!!!!

I was thinking of ordering a gift basket as a surprise for DBF when we get to the room..something manly, fun and not TOOO Disneyish..any ideas? Also looking for ideas on any fun, little things that I can get/do to surprise him while we are there. I saw on another post there was a platter of like AK themed desserts, asked if they were conceirge or what they were, and no one answered! any help is welcome :)

Yay for ADRs!!! So exciting!!

I thought about doing the gift basket thing too. I'm not totally sure if it's worth it, but I bet they're cool. I think the one I looked at was memories by betsy, but I'm not for sure on that one. Good luck!

I thought I was an OCD planner with all of my Excel documents. . .until I read about your powerpoints. :rolleyes1 I, too, would love to see them.

I thought about doing the gift basket thing too. I'm not totally sure if it's worth it, but I bet they're cool. I think the one I looked at was memories by betsy, but I'm not for sure on that one. Good luck!

I checked out the memories by Betsy, and I'm going to look into it more. Thanks for the name!

I thought I was an OCD planner with all of my Excel documents. . .until I read about your powerpoints. :rolleyes1 I, too, would love to see them.

Haha..I am for SURE an OCD planner, and I love it. I love to plan everything! If you want my power points, I can email them, just PM me your email address!

Hi! Just stopping over to say hi! I've got to finish reading - I got to your plans and don't have the time right this minute to look them over. I want to come back and give them the attention they deserve! :goodvibes We are a lot alike! I too have a Disney binder and plan fanatically our time at Disney (any pretty much anywhere else!).

Okay, a few questions for anyone who is listening! First, does anyone know how I can quote multiple things in my replies? Secondly, I read somewhere that Fantasmic package can be booked 180 days out..is this really true???

Welcome to all my new readers:) More to come!

Thought I would come from my PTR and read yours.:wave: The question you posted is EXACTLY what I was going to finally ask everyone today. I can not wait to try it and not have to reply in seperate posts to everyone. I have the Passporter and I use TGM! LOVE THEM BOTH!! I started typing a list of what to bring with us last night. I was using the ultimate Disney Packing List and adjusting it to what I would need to bring. The only other part I like better then planning for the trip is shopping for the trip!!:banana::cool1::banana:

Hi! Just stopping over to say hi! I've got to finish reading - I got to your plans and don't have the time right this minute to look them over. I want to come back and give them the attention they deserve! :goodvibes We are a lot alike! I too have a Disney binder and plan fanatically our time at Disney (any pretty much anywhere else!).

Stay tuned...the next post has updated & revised plans, after some information was brought to my attention!

Thought I would come from my PTR and read yours.:wave: The question you posted is EXACTLY what I was going to finally ask everyone today. I can not wait to try it and not have to reply in seperate posts to everyone. I have the Passporter and I use TGM! LOVE THEM BOTH!! I started typing a list of what to bring with us last night. I was using the ultimate Disney Packing List and adjusting it to what I would need to bring. The only other part I like better then planning for the trip is shopping for the trip!!:banana::cool1::banana:

I love shopping for my Disney Trip also! Here's my dilema- should I get things along the way..or save it all for one big Disney-tastic shopping trip? I love the idea of waiting until the beginning of July, then celebrating the end of my tri mester in Grad school & my trip being so soon! ahh the choices...

stay tuned..update about plans is on the way..

Hey everyone! Well, as promised, here is my update.

After settling what I was hoping to do every day, I started making a back up plan in case I couldn't get the ADR's I wanted. I'm flexable on the times for most of my ADR's so I'm not super worried about it. The ones I am most worried about are Ohana on Sunday, 7/26, Rose & Crown on Monday night, 7/27 and the Fantasmic dinner package. I am not flexible on where I will eat, but I am on the times, so I hope that works out in my favor. My plan is just so perfect as is!

So, it was then brought to my attention that....gasp.. Flying Fish and Boma both don't offer lunch. These were two of my lunch places! This means I had to rework my itinerary a little bit. That being said, here is my final itinerary- I have a loose back up plan but I am praying to get my ADR's all on the right days atleast..

Day 1: arrival at 11:30 at MCO. Hoping to be at AKL by 1:00 at the latest, check in, then explore the resort for a bit..grab some lunch at AKL. Off to Epcot, ADR at the Coral Reef (dbf really wants to eat here) between 7-8. Back up is Le Cellier, back up for that is Germany..you get the picture!

Day 2: check out & in to AKL. Head off to AK for the morning, eat CS in the park or at the Mara. Unpack, maybe go swimming. ADR at Ohana, around 7:00. Will go earlier than that if needed. I WANT THIS ONE BAD! Wishes on the beach, 2nd spectro if showing/electrical water pagent, MK EMH

Day 3: Sleep in, breakfast on the Boardwalk around 10-10:30, off to Epcot again to explore the World Showcase, specifically. If we have time, we will do more rides. ADR- Germany 1:30, Rose & Crown 7:30-8:30 (illuminations).

Day 4: Epcot Rope drop (yes, again!). Lunch- CS somewhere, something light. Break at resort, back to DHS for either Fantasmic dinner package at Brown Derby at the latest possible seating time, or Dinner at Sci Fi. If we do Dinner at Sci Fi, we will try to get lunch reservations at Teppan Edo. If they serve lunch.. anyone know if they do?

Day 5: Sea world day! Leave resort around 8:00 for seaworld via mears transportation, stay there for the day, hopefully back around 6-7, reservations as late as possible at Raglan road- maybe 9-9:30

Day 6: sleep in! we are going to need it! Lunch at Le Cellier around 11:30, dinner at flying fish around 5:00. Hop to DHS, do rides during Fantasmic, etc etc.

Day 7: Back to AKL in the morning to finish up anything we missed. Hop to DHS, lunch at Brown Derby or Sci Fi, which ever one we didn't do before, and maybe do some rides- this is an EMH day and I really don't want to go on this day, but this is the only choice we have. Without saying too much, TGM and Unofficial have both voted against it on this day.... Rehersal dinner for wedding this night.

Day 8: Wedding day! possibly DTD or a park in the morning, or just hanging around the lodge. Boma breakfast around 10:00. We aren't sure on specifics of what time I will be needed at my friend's wedding, so this day is up for grabs. I want to try beaches and cream, so maybe we'll head there. who knows!

Day 9: Check out of AKL :sad1::sad2: Lunch ADR's at T-Rex, around noon. Some last minute shopping at DTD. Back to hotel for around 3:00.

well, that's the new and improved itinerary. I feel like I'm spending too much time at Epcot, but with all the places I want to eat, it's hard. Plus there is a lot to do there. I just really hope i can get everything in. Something is just not feeling right about my itinerary. I am thinking of starting from scratch and replanning. I think the things I am most nervous about is DHS on a EMH, and not getting in the things I want to do there.

Thanks for listening to me babble endlessly about my plans. Any suggestions would be so amazing..I'm so overwhelmed!

I think its smart to have a contingency plan for your dining options. :thumbsup2 That stinks you can't do Boma and Flying Fish for lunch. I also think it's funny to compare my itinerary with yours. DH and I aren't huge Epcot fans so we're only spending a half day there. We're the strange ones on DIS. Everyone loves Epcot. I think it has to do with my family always dragging me around there when I was younger. Now, it's my chance to rebel! :lmao:

I can't believe how fast your trip is coming up!!!

You have no idea how much you just rocked my world by telling me that!!!

I'm currently working on my back up plans, since I make ADR's this SATURDAY and SUNDAY! HOORAY!!!!

I was thinking of ordering a gift basket as a surprise for DBF when we get to the room..something manly, fun and not TOOO Disneyish..any ideas? Also looking for ideas on any fun, little things that I can get/do to surprise him while we are there. I saw on another post there was a platter of like AK themed desserts, asked if they were conceirge or what they were, and no one answered! any help is welcome :)

I just have to chime in here for those thinking about gift baskets. I've used Memories by Betsy twice now and she's AMAZING! I cannot say enough good things about her. I'll also be using her again on an upcoming trip. I love that you're able to buy things and send them to her - that's helped me keep a lot of my cost in check. She's always gone far above and beyond for my family and I would highly reccomend her to anyone who's thinking about getting a gift basket!!! I think pictures are both in my Sept TR and Dec TR (or myabe just the Dec one since that was also my Sept PTR.....I can't keep it all straight these days!).

I love shopping for my Disney Trip also! Here's my dilema- should I get things along the way..or save it all for one big Disney-tastic shopping trip? I love the idea of waiting until the beginning of July, then celebrating the end of my tri mester in Grad school & my trip being so soon! ahh the choices...

stay tuned..update about plans is on the way..

Well, here's my suggestions - feel free to take them or leave them! :goodvibes Because I'm a bit OCD and need to plan and be sure I have everything we may possibly need (and to help keep my budget in check), I buy things we're going to need along the way (off my list of course!) both for practical purposes and surprises along the way. I think it really depends on how you operate and what your budget allows. I think DH doesn't tend to notice how much I'm spending/buying if I do it over a period of a few months where if I came home with everything I think we need for our trip he'd probably freak out. :rotfl: I tend to buy when things are on sale and when I have a coupon so that's part of how I do my Disney shopping too. Maybe you could make a list of things you find along the way (I suffer from worrying about not having the money when I need to buy the item although I've never really run into this problem....I'm a "worst case" type person in my head! I also worry about forgetting something too or not having what I need/want at the store if I'm close to my trip) and things you can get at the last minute (more like drinks/food/snack type things). That way you're shopping now and you know when you get to the "later" list that your trip is really close!! Again, just suggestions.

Also, to pass the time, you could make autograph books (if you're into that) or start a scrapbook now so you can just print your pictures and put them in when you get home (for both the wedding and Disney if you're into scrapbooking). You could also make a countdown calendar if you're into that. It helps my kids (and me!) to have something visual to see how much longer we have until we get to leave.

I've found that if I break out what I need to do by like week, I can generally focus on that small part of the trip and find enough things to help keep me busy during the entire planning part. Now, for me, it's a mix of Disney and non-Disney things. For example, my DS4 will turn 5 during our next trip and his friend party will be before we leave so the planning for that will also take place while planning a Disney trip among other things we've got going on. Hopefully that makes sense!

Maybe you could have Disney nights (got this idea from another DIS board friend!) where you make a meal from say a country you want to visit in Epcot and talk about what you want to do while you're there? That would (hopefully) help to get him more excited about the different things and focusing in on certain parts of the parks.

Have you ordered the free maps yet from Disney? They're beautiful and wonderful as reference. Now they're not perfect for planning purposes but a great keepsake and helpful for trying to generally locate things within the parks. They do take a little while to arrive so order soon if you haven't already! :goodvibes

I'm trying to think of all of my tips and tricks that I use along the way. I'm sure I'll come up with more that I can share with you as you/we go along. :goodvibes

I think its smart to have a contingency plan for your dining options. :thumbsup2 That stinks you can't do Boma and Flying Fish for lunch. I also think it's funny to compare my itinerary with yours. DH and I aren't huge Epcot fans so we're only spending a half day there. We're the strange ones on DIS. Everyone loves Epcot. I think it has to do with my family always dragging me around there when I was younger. Now, it's my chance to rebel! :lmao:

HA! I think we're alike in our non-Epcot loving ways. :rotfl: There's just not enough to keep my DS4 and DS2 interest in each of the countries without mommy loosing her patience. :rotfl2: We generally spend a day there but break it up into two half days to keep everyone happy. We spend most of our time in MK because of our boys.

. I have the Passporter and I use TGM! LOVE THEM BOTH!! I started typing a list of what to bring with us last night. I was using the ultimate Disney Packing List and adjusting it to what I would need to bring. The only other part I like better then planning for the trip is shopping for the trip!!:banana::cool1::banana:

Is TGM free to subscribe to? Sounds nice!! I have the Passporter too and I do like it, but I think after this year, I will just use it to make templates for my own Disney binder/journal/whatever I can come up with! Then it will look prettier for me! I already have mine decked out with cars stickers for my son!

Is TGM free to subscribe to? Sounds nice!! I have the Passporter too and I do like it, but I think after this year, I will just use it to make templates for my own Disney binder/journal/whatever I can come up with! Then it will look prettier for me! I already have mine decked out with cars stickers for my son!

No TGM is not free. I want to say it's like $10. I've used it once before but wasn't terribly in love with it. I may subscribe again for an upcoming trip only because we've never been at that time of the year before and I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into! :goodvibes

Nothing wrong with not loving Epcot. I would be spending way more time at MK, but as everyone knows, not DBF's cup of tea. I love Epcot also though, so it's fine for me!

TGM is $21.95. I basically got it for the best park days, which I have heard great things about using! I would recommend giving it a try...there is a WEALTH of info on there!! I love my Disney Binder though...maybe I will take pictures and post on here, if I remember :rolleyes1

newtodis: Thanks so much for your input on the shopping/planning! I think I will make a list starting for the first week in June of things to buy, think about, or make. like maybe the first week, I will finalize my packing list and finalize all my plans based on any changes in park hours, then the next week I'll focus on buying some new tank tops for Disney and Mouse keeping..or something..See i'm a full time grad student so I always have plenty else on my mind, but all I want to do is Disney!

Which leads me to my most recent conundrum: I really want to give DHS the attention it deserves. Right now I am hoping there during Fantasmic and hoping for shorter lines, and doing the Fantasmic Dinner package on another day. I don't know if this will be enough time- I mainly worry because of crowds! But, here's the kicker. Fantasmic is on Tuesday/Thursday, DHS has EMH Monday Wednesday and Friday that week, leaving me no GOOD day to go. Any ideas? would you go on a EMH (maybe in the opposite time of day EMH are), or would you go on a fantasmic day? Choices, Choices!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter