A Disney Princess & her SERIOUSLY grumpy bf.... A Pre-Trip Report!

What should DBF and I do on our free night?

• Mini Golf

• Hang at the Boardwalk

• Go back to a park and finish up anything we missed

• DTD

• Other... TELL ME WHAT!

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's awesome you convinced DBF of an extra night! I'm not a fan of the All-Stars, so I'd recommend staying at POP for the extra night.

And yeah...I am SO over winter! Bring on spring!!!!!!!!!!

I went back and forth between All Stars and POP for a few days..but finally after hearing AsMu always seems to be quietest, I choose that one. I just couldn't bring myself to try POP, theming doesn't appeal to me at all. Thanks so much for the suggestion though...spring time will be here soon enough! It'd 50 in SE CT today!

Hello I finally got the chance to read your PTR! Every time I go to WDW I end up adding a day too. I get to thinking... :scratchin and thinking about how much fun it is. Plus I like to take my time wandering around and sometimes just sitting on a bench in MK eating ice cream and enjoying the atmosphere. :love:
I keep thining about the Deluxe dining plan too. I think it's too late for me and the 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack per day is ALOT of food. It may not seem that way but you get a dessert with the TS AND the CS so your tummy gets full! Plus we usually ended up using the snack option for bkfst getting a Nutrigrain bar or fruit.
Looking forward to more!

Thanks so much for reading! I decided against DDP..you're right, usually for breakfast I don't want a full, heavy meal. plus, I'm on weight watchers so I will probably just do oatmeal and something with caffiene every morning:)

aww i bet its lovely, though i can see if you have it alot how you'd become sick of it. I hate winter and can't wait for our summer to arrive not that we've had much of one the last couple of years :mad:
Yep, i've only been to Florida though. Orlando back in 2005 and Miami in 2007 i fell in love with both places, ive wanted to move to the US since i was about 14 have no idea why but always had a strange obession with it :confused3

You know, it's funny because one of my best friends is named Sarah, and she is from England also!!! that's crazy!!

So, just a quick update..

Last night DBF found out my little pre-trip report here ( he didn't know before...) and was not very happy! He would like for everyone to know that he is not as grumpy as I make him out to be, and that he is a good man.

That being said, he also told me I can keep updating, and also thinks I'm very, very crazy:confused3

So, tommorow we find out what D23 is! How exciting!

So far, the trip planning is going well. I can't do anything till July's park hours are posted at the end of march though..the waiting is killing me! That's it for now..will update more when new info comes!:rolleyes1

I don't blame you for wanting to get down there early! We don't get our hotel until Sat night and were planning on leaving EARLY on that Sat (it's probably a 11-12 hour drive). Well then I decided it would be a good idea to leave on Friday when we get off of work at 4 and drive halfway. Now I want to leave work at noon on Friday and drive the majority of the way!! And this is all still 7 months away!

I really how your BF enjoys Disney! I'm sure he's not a total grump, but in my experience, if he ain't happy - nobody's going to be happy!

Where did you get your pictures for your dining slideshow?

I don't blame you for wanting to get down there early! We don't get our hotel until Sat night and were planning on leaving EARLY on that Sat (it's probably a 11-12 hour drive). Well then I decided it would be a good idea to leave on Friday when we get off of work at 4 and drive halfway. Now I want to leave work at noon on Friday and drive the majority of the way!! And this is all still 7 months away!

I really how your BF enjoys Disney! I'm sure he's not a total grump, but in my experience, if he ain't happy - nobody's going to be happy!

Where did you get your pictures for your dining slideshow?

I got my pictures at various places online. I usually did one of the outside, one of the insides, and one of anything that was unique about it.

Another update!! Two important new items to share:
1. I bought the Disney Passporter today :rotfl:
2. My mom has just informed me that we will be taking a x-mas trip to the world this year!!!!!:cloud9:

Oh, 3 things actually...

I want the D23 magazine!!!!Ahhh!

That's all for now..more later!

HA!!! My DH said the same thing about my PTR. Although, he did admit that he was really grumpy when it came to the planning process. Still...too funny! I was taking pics last night of things I bought for our trip and he thought I was nuts for posting them on my PTR. They just don't get it. :sad2:

Ooh, a trip at Christmas...I'm jealous!!! That is my absolute FAVORITE time to visit WDW. It is so gorgeous!!!!!!! The Osborne Festival of Lights are beautiful and the castle lights are breathtaking.

I hadn't heard the reveal about the 23 mystery, until now. That magazine looks really cool!

Hi there! I just had to chuckle at your "grumpy" DBF. My DF certainly has the potential to be grumpy if things don't go the way he thinks they should...so my fingers are crossed that I can get things planned out properly.

It's funny...I'm not much of a planner usually but this time around I want DF to enjoy himself AND I think it's a way for me to not go insane waiting for the trip!

:rotfl:

Thanks to everyone who has been reading!!!!

I got my Disney Vacation planning dvd in the mail today:worship: :worship: :worship: :goodvibes :goodvibes

It's the same as last year but it still is so exciting. Ugh...4.5 months till Disney! Hooray!

Update on Christmas trip: my friend sasha has decided to come along for the trip! We're thinking of staying at the Yacht & Beach club...we LOVE the Epcot resort area so much!!!!
I went to walmart today, picked up Robin Hood (one of my favorite disney movies!), and some more things (highlighters, index cards) for planning purposes. I never thought that i would plan & prepare to...plan...haha!!! I'm starting to stress about money for plane tickets :surfweb:

Have you used Yapta before? You can track the cost of airfares to help guarantee you get the best price. The only downside, it doesn't include Southwest. It's far easier than searching all the different places your self.

Good luck on finding a good airfare! :goodvibes

thanks for the tip! I'm going to start saving like crazy after my trip to Boston next weekend...any fun saving tips & ideas?

Update: TOTALLY revamped my binder :) I wish i knew how to put my designs, etc etc up but I really don't know how. I made a section for MK, DHS, AK and Epcot, and in each section i have a sheet for that park with 10 things to do, reservations and times. I made a new cover and put my calender outside haha....I'm just passing the time before park hours are released.

So, next Thursday I have a huge research paper due. Here is my plan: go to the library tonight, bang out the paper (i'm a good and quick writer), and when I'm done, I am rewarding myself by beginning my slide show for DBF about places we can go at all the parks, and making him choose 5 things for each park that he wants to do. But I have to get my research paper done before i can do that. :tink:

That's all for now. more later! Thanks to everyone who has been reading!

...I am rewarding myself by beginning my slide show for DBF about places we can go at all the parks, and making him choose 5 things for each park that he wants to do...

My DF would just roll his eyes at me and leave the room if I tried that!

:lmao:

FINISHED MY PAPER!!! HOORAY!!!

unfortunately, I am now so tired that i don't have any brain power left. I just want to go to bed :sad2:

My bf won't leave the room..he'll just roll his eyes, but he knows he'd be lost without me :lovestruc.

I am now going to embark on my new power point. Any must sees i CAN'T forget to include?:scared1:

Hello Everyone! I know that there is virtually no one reading this, but to whoever does, just wanted to give an update!!

First of all, sorry for not updating, but I don't have much to update! I've been waiting diligently for July hours to be posted, and none as of april 1st! Grrr..I just want to plan!!!! Hopefully within the next day they will go up though, and I can go into full planing mode:banana:

Also, my mom, my friend and I are doing a girls trip to WDW December 14-December 18, we are staying at the beach club/yacht club! woohoo! my first time there very :)

Anddd...my dbf played a VERY VERY mean April Fools Day joke on me..he called me and I was still asleep (i study late, he works early), and I did not realize at all that it was april fool's day. He says, in a very serious voice, that he has to talk to me, and that I'm going to be mad. He then tells me he can't go to Florida anymore because of some things at work, and because he doesn't think he can afford it. My eyes welled up with tears, and I asked him what made this come about, why did he say he would go in the first place if he wouldn't be able to afford it? I was raking my brain trying to come up with a way to pay for it myself so he would still come..and he goes APRIL FOOLS! I told him he was a a**hole and I hated him! Haha harsh words but it was mean!

Hey, you have at least one reader in me! I know how sad it is when you do a PTR and no one replies. But, I stopped worrying about the readers and I just have fun w/ mine. It's like therapy in a way.

That is so exciting you're planning a girls trip in December. Christmas time at WDW is my ultimate favorite time to go. The decor and overall ambiance is AMAZING!!!

That is such a mean April Fools joke! EVIL!!! I don't blame you for using such harsh language...I would have done that too. :thumbsup2

I'm still reading and hopefully you'll get the hours soon! I can't wait until we get ours! And congrats on your girls only trip!

What a jerk!! You know you have to get him back now, right?! Haha!

yay! i still have 2 readers!!! Well, the July hours came out, so I have something to work with atleast! Still waiting for Epcot's hours thouh. I'm starting to get nervous- the atleast 1.5 days of the trip are for the wedding I'm in, and one day is for seaworld..that leaves me 5.5 park days. Being that there are only 4 parks, and we aren't doing waterparks, I'm hoping that this will work ok!

I can't wait soooo much for this trip! I'm going crazy counting down and I get to make my ADR's in 23 days!!! WooHoo!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter