A Disney Princess & her SERIOUSLY grumpy bf.... A Pre-Trip Report!

What should DBF and I do on our free night?

• Mini Golf

• Hang at the Boardwalk

• Go back to a park and finish up anything we missed

• DTD

• Other... TELL ME WHAT!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Checking in to read your report. I cannot see your pictures :(

DBF sounds like a trooper, I bet he'll fall in love with Disney without even realizing it.

Checking in to read your report. I cannot see your pictures :(

DBF sounds like a trooper, I bet he'll fall in love with Disney without even realizing it.

Thanks for stopping by! Can everyone else see my pictures? Anyone?? I hope he will fall in love with Disney, especially since I'm thinking of adding another night on.. (see next update post)

Alright, so here's my current deal & Disney thing to think about.

Currently, plane tickets are way cheaper the day before we are scheduled to leave (Sat, July 25 compared to Sun, July 26). They are almost 100 dollars cheaper. In order to go down earlier, obviously we would have to pay for an extra night. Now at AKL, this is like 300 extra dollars, so if we were to stay there..it wouldn't be worth it. But, if we stayed at a value for one night, it WOULD be worth it. Especially if I could get some sort of discount.....and then, if it didn't work, I could just take it off, right? Plus, then we'd get an extra 1.5 days in Disney! We wouldn't have to buy extra park ticket days, because one day we are going to sea world and another day we are going to a wedding. I just have to figure out the dining things, and whether or not I want to upgrade to deluxe dining. I figure one day we will be doing our meals at seaworld, another day I am going to a wedding so who knows where we will eat (plus the wedding dinner is free!), so maybe I should add that on another night? I need opinions & help from the few of you who have been reading! HELLPPP ME!

The presentation is awesome i would suggest choosing a top 10 and going from there. Thanks for following along!

I am actually really excited to do this part! What all information did you include on yours? I haven't done a power point since I was in college, so it finally feels like I'll be putting my degree to use :lmao: !

Thanks for stopping by! Can everyone else see my pictures? Anyone?? I hope he will fall in love with Disney, especially since I'm thinking of adding another night on.. (see next update post)

I can see them. They're only on two posts though, is that right?

yep- only two posts.

For my powerpoint, i put a picture or pictures (depending on how entertaining it was), some signature dishes, the star rating from the unofficial guide, little extra infos, etc etc. I did every restaurant on property (except for some resorts and counter services). Good luck!!!!! Need anymore help, ask me!!

I figured out that the Deluxe DP would add about 500$ on to my trip. Is it worth it? I don't know.... i really need to get organized and figure things out, which is REALLY hard without park hours for July or any idea of EMH's...:mad:

let me add on- I JUST realized that right now I have a 7 day park hopper ticket with my package- but bc of seaworld and a day for the wedding, I'm only using 6 days! Blasphemy:laughing:
So this has finalized my decision- we are going down a day earlier, staying at a value for the night- that way we get the full day on saturday and an extra half day on sunday (we were going to get in around noon on sunday). This also helps getting all my TS meals in.

Instead of doing the DDDP, I think I am just going to add on one night of the basic plan...

YAY! Going down 1 day earlier :cool1:

So...I showed grumpy DBF a slide show I made on power point (i'm so ocd..its sad), of all the places we can eat. I told him to choose 10..and he ended up with 13- pretty much all of Epcot & the resorts:

Boma
Sci Fi
Brown Derby
The Coral Reef
Nine Dragons
Germany
Teppan Edo
Le collier
England
Ohana
Flying fish
Raglan road
t-rex
California Grill

Now, we have a total of 5 days (one of those days being 2 half days that I made into 1 to use all of our 7 ts meals. But, we really want to eat at all these places, So i think we are going to use our CS for breakfast at AKL, pay for some meals out of our pockets and use some TS credits. Though, I we won't be able to eat all these places. We will probably choose between the Sci Fi and Hollywood Brown Derby, so that will eliminate at least one..but besides that.. choices choices:sad2:

I also went and bought myself a 3 ring binder, with some folders with dividers for OCD planning purposes :banana: Grumpy DBF saw this, made fun of me, then told me that was just one reason why he loved me :love:

On the front of my binder, I put a calendar that i made on Office Publisher, for the months of March, April, May and June- with all important trip planning dates (park hours at the end of March, ADR dates, etc, etc.... WHEN WILL IT COME! I have nothing to do now until the park hours come out but daydream!!!

Well, just a quick rant. Thanks to everyone who has been reading, the few of you!

Since you jumped on board for my PTR, I thought I would return the favor! I LOVE that you did a Powerpoint and have a binder. We must be separated at birth! Good luck with the planning. Can't wait to read more!

Hello :wave2: , new reader to your PTR here :surfweb:

Sounds like you have a great trip planned. I can completely understand how you feel with your DBF, I have spent the last year trying to convince my DBF that a visit to Disneyworld is needed (i've only been once back in 2005 with 2 friends) but he is quite anti Disney, he cant stand the thought of spending 2 weeks with Mickey :confused3 plus he can't stand rollercoasters :rolleyes: but i have told him all about Seaworld, Animal Kingdom, Busch gardens and he is slowely coming round to the idea (he loves animals, sharks, fish so this seems to be doing the trick) like your DBF he also hates peoples and crows and just cant stand queing for things, so i must make sure we go when it's not to be busy. At the moment i'm aiming for next may so fingerscrossed.
Like you I have made it my mission to make him love it too :thumbsup2

I love to plan aswell, we are off to Southern California & Vegas in september and i have a box with all printouts of plans, research, maps ect DBF just laughs at me but at least we wont miss anything we want to do etc

Congratulations on the extra day too. Love your pictures

Look forward to following this and reading more of your plans for the trip :)

Who doesnt love having extra time in the world! Great plan! You could add a night at a value resort and be able to just be "at" disney... even just knowing you are going to the world a day earlier somehow makes everything ok lol!
I love how you detailed the powerpoint, you are too funny loL!

every morning I wake up and hope for one of two things:
1. It's July 25
2. Disney has posted the park hours for july & emh.

neither of these things every happen:confused3

Next up..some of my favorite pictures from my last disney trip.

Oh, and I finally finished reading the Unofficial Guide.

Should i Go buy the passporter guide?:dance3:

I can SO relate! I'm always a huge trip planner! It used to drive my family crazy, now they enable me! My son had the 2008 unofficial guide because he and my dil went to wdw on their honeymoon. So after they used it, I borrowed it to start reading up for our trip in Aug. I was willing to use the 2008 version, but the other day was my bday and they bought me the 2009 version! My ds said he knew I really wanted it! My husband bought me a new binder with hearts on it since it's our anniversary trip and then drew mickey ears in each heart! He bought me pocket folders and index cards! Your boyfriend might think your planning is a little crazy now, but give it a few more trips and he'll enjoy your trip ocd! :flower3:

Hello :wave2: , new reader to your PTR here :surfweb:

Sounds like you have a great trip planned. I can completely understand how you feel with your DBF, I have spent the last year trying to convince my DBF that a visit to Disneyworld is needed (i've only been once back in 2005 with 2 friends) but he is quite anti Disney, he cant stand the thought of spending 2 weeks with Mickey :confused3 plus he can't stand rollercoasters :rolleyes: but i have told him all about Seaworld, Animal Kingdom, Busch gardens and he is slowely coming round to the idea (he loves animals, sharks, fish so this seems to be doing the trick) like your DBF he also hates peoples and crows and just cant stand queing for things, so i must make sure we go when it's not to be busy. At the moment i'm aiming for next may so fingerscrossed.
Like you I have made it my mission to make him love it too :thumbsup2

I love to plan aswell, we are off to Southern California & Vegas in september and i have a box with all printouts of plans, research, maps ect DBF just laughs at me but at least we wont miss anything we want to do etc

Congratulations on the extra day too. Love your pictures

Look forward to following this and reading more of your plans for the trip :)

I'm so glad that you understand my organization! DBF is just a go with the flow type of guy, and doesnt understand you CAN'T do that in Disney..where in southern Cali are you going?

Kidsrfun: it's funny how even though the 2008 guide usually is sufficent for 2009..the 2009 one is so much better! Theres not even that many different things, but just the fact that it's 2009 is amazing. Still contemplating, and probably getting, passporter though.

Tiggersam00: Thanks for jumping on!
Dinkerbelle: Had to buy the binder...it's just so great to be OCD organized!

To everyone new! Thank you so much for reading my PTR, it really makes me feel better knowing I have people reading! I will update a lot!

I'm so glad that you understand my organization! DBF is just a go with the flow type of guy, and doesnt understand you CAN'T do that in Disney..where in southern Cali are you going?

My DBF is just the same, if i left it to him he wouldnt plan a single thing and doesnt understand the need for it :sad2:
We are going to Disneyland (of course, it would be wrong not to :thumbsup2), San Diego & Hollywood im so excited, southern Cali is somewhere ive wanted to visit for years esp LA mind you i could be here all day listing places i want to visit in the US :rolleyes1

I loved San Diego! I'm sure this is already on your list, but be sure to visit "Old Town" I think it's called..I loved that area! Also loved La Jolla (we went scuba diving!), also loved the zoo...loved in in general..:lovestruc

Update!

talked DBF into an extra night at Disney! So, now our vaca stars on July 25 instead of 26! WOO-HOO!

It was brought to my attention, however, that because i booked the 4 for 7 deal, my tickets will not be available till the 26th...i wonder how much extra it is to add one day on to the park hopper...gonna ask that in another forum!

Now I need to decide what value to stay at for the night, I have AAA so i can get a 10% discount I believe... so much to research! I've also decided that I want to do the Keys to the Kingdom Tour one of the days, so adding this extra day on will make this possible..now I just need to figure out dining, etc etc...:surfweb:

Anyone else sick of snow? This weekend it's going to be 55 degrees in lovely CT...

I loved San Diego! I'm sure this is already on your list, but be sure to visit "Old Town" I think it's called..I loved that area! Also loved La Jolla (we went scuba diving!), also loved the zoo...loved in in general..:lovestruc

Yep I have it on my list to visit, im so looking forward to visiting San Diego it looks such a lovely place, we will be going to the Zoo too my very own non disney loving grumpy DBF cannot wait to visit there, he loves animals.

Update!

Talked to grumpy disney bf (though his grumpiness has gone down a notch), and talked him into an extra night at Disney! So, now our vaca stars on July 25 instead of 26! WOO-HOO!

It was brought to my attention, however, that because i booked the 4 for 7 deal, my tickets will not be available till the 26th...i wonder how much extra it is to add one day on to the park hopper...gonna ask that in another forum!

Now I need to decide what value to stay at for the night, I have AAA so i can get a 10% discount I believe... so much to research! I've also decided that I want to do the Keys to the Kingdom Tour one of the days, so adding this extra day on will make this possible..now I just need to figure out dining, etc etc...:surfweb:

Anyone else sick of snow? This weekend it's going to be 55 degrees in lovely CT...

Glad you get to go a day early, hopefully it won't cost too much to add an extra day to your tickets.
How long have you had snow for? i wouldnt be sick of it, we had about 2 days of it about a month or so ago and it was so nice to see real snow in London, rather than dirty slush we usually get maybe once a year at the end of January.

We've had snow on and off allll winter..I just want it to go away!!!!!! Have you been to the US before? I'm assuming so..

We've had snow on and off allll winter..I just want it to go away!!!!!! Have you been to the US before? I'm assuming so..

aww i bet its lovely, though i can see if you have it alot how you'd become sick of it. I hate winter and can't wait for our summer to arrive not that we've had much of one the last couple of years :mad:
Yep, i've only been to Florida though. Orlando back in 2005 and Miami in 2007 i fell in love with both places, ive wanted to move to the US since i was about 14 have no idea why but always had a strange obession with it :confused3

Hello I finally got the chance to read your PTR! Every time I go to WDW I end up adding a day too. I get to thinking... :scratchin and thinking about how much fun it is. Plus I like to take my time wandering around and sometimes just sitting on a bench in MK eating ice cream and enjoying the atmosphere. :love:
I keep thining about the Deluxe dining plan too. I think it's too late for me and the 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack per day is ALOT of food. It may not seem that way but you get a dessert with the TS AND the CS so your tummy gets full! Plus we usually ended up using the snack option for bkfst getting a Nutrigrain bar or fruit.
Looking forward to more!

That's awesome you convinced DBF of an extra night! I'm not a fan of the All-Stars, so I'd recommend staying at POP for the extra night.

And yeah...I am SO over winter! Bring on spring!!!!!!!!!!

I called Disney this morning in an attempt to add on my extra night. This is how it went (BTW I had a VERY friendly CM and I loved her..I wish i could always do business with her :))

Me: Hi. I'm looking to add a night on to my vacation. I booked the 4 for 7 deal and now want to add an extra night on.
CM: How wonderful! Unfortunatley, because you booked the package, you will have to do a new reservation.
Me: Will I have to do the 200 deposit?
CM: Yes Ma'am. I know, ain't it silly?
Me: Yep, it sure is.
Cm: Let me see what I can pull up for you, I will get the price at all resorts and you can tell me which ones you want to know the price for,

CM: Okay, for All Star Music it's going to be 300 for one extra night of the dining plan, tickets and the night.
Me: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
CM: It will also have to be paid in full right now, because with only one night they require you pay that and the tickets up front.
me::rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: WAIT..I have a AAA discount!
CM: Well, that is only valid on room only reservations.
Me: So can I take off the tickets & dining plan, call back in a week or so and add them on?
CM: You sound like a Disney Veteran..you know how it all works. Of course you can!
Me: Okay, let's do that.
CM: I can get you a preferred room for 142$ at All Star Music with the AAA discount. It will have to be paid up front, but it's an excellent deal if I do say so myself!
Me::banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: YES!

So that's my news! One extra night at AsMu. Unfortuately, I can't just add a day on to my park hopper ticket, but That's okay. I will call when it gets closer and just add the tickets on. We only need a base, no hopper because it's just one day, the first day we get there.

So moral of the story: extra night in the world, staying at AsMu for one night, then on to Animal Kingdom. Can't wait to be there.

Oh, and the CM had the audacity to ask me if I wanted to add on some reservations :rotfl2: Silly CM, I'm not 90 days out yet!!! She said she was having a hard time remembering that it was back to 90 now, and she also reassured me it was staying at 90 for awhile.

In other news, I'm going to buy a new digital camera today. I'm also going to boston for the weekend in 2 weeks...WOHHOOO!!!!!:dance3: :dance3:

Hope everyone has a wonderful friday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter