A Compilation of Audition Adventures and Awesome Guest Stars!-Updated 9/29x2!

Whew, caught up again!

I understand having a favorite section in FOLK. I always end up in the Giraffe section. I've been in both the Lion section and the Elephant section but it just doesn't feel right to me! I hope they keep the theater and show the same when it moves to Africa.

I need to check out Pumba and Timon during the Tumble Monkeys. Of course that would mean taking my eyes off of the action so I'm not sure if that will happen. The Tumble Monkeys are my favorite part.

Bummer again on the auditions. I get so excited and then disappointed each time you audition you would like I was doing the auditioning myself. :lmao:

I cannot wait to see those Tangled bathrooms in 66 days! I missed them by a few days in March. I need to make DH watch the movie before we go so he gets why I'm excited to see bathrooms. :rotfl:

Awesome!! Yeah, it's weird how things like sitting in a certain section become tradition...bahaha!! I'm sure the show will be the same when it moves, and I'm sure the theater will be set up the same, but I don't know if the sections will be in the same place, and that'll throw me off!!

It's super cute!! Man, the tumble monkeys are so awesome, and another point of "cute disney boys" to add to the list! Bahaha

Awwe, well hopefully the next time you read about an audition of mine it'll be the good one! :cheer2:

SO CLOSE! I know! Paige and I had heard that they'd be opening on our AK day, so we ran over there after that audtition and they weren't opened, but man they are amazing!! Ahahaha, yeah, I'm sure Mom won't get it either... lol

The Tangled bathroom area is SO BEAUTIFUL! I don't get the people complaining. I mean yes, they really should have used this area for a Rapunzel (and Flynn) meet & greet, but even if that was not in the plan, I'm glad they went all out in theming the area.

Subbing in. Lurked for the disney bounding trip so I'm looking forward to another round. Your passion and zeal for Disney are certainly infectious.

Subbing in. Lurked for the disney bounding trip so I'm looking forward to another round. Your passion and zeal for Disney are certainly infectious.

Yay!! Glad you came out of lurkdom to hang out!!

Thank you!!

Well I'm finally here... Work has kept me away from DIS for the past 9 months... :sad2: But I'm back and ready for my Disney fix...

Sorry about the audition... I was really hoping you'd be a cast member by now... What are those people thinking of??? :confused3

Well I'm finally here... Work has kept me away from DIS for the past 9 months... :sad2: But I'm back and ready for my Disney fix...

Sorry about the audition... I was really hoping you'd be a cast member by now... What are those people thinking of??? :confused3

Yay!! :wave: Glad you're back! I've been having a tougher time keeping up with the two TR's and PTR with working two jobs, so I understand how you get kept away from the dis!

Ahaha, thank you so much. All the love I get from the dis is fantastic!! Hopefully there will be lucky number 6 sometime soon!! Next time, right?1 pixiedust:

If you’ve been following along for a few reports now, you probably know what’s coming next, you see, Disney likes to schedule their late afternoon shows perfectly, you can grab a spot for Dream Along with Mickey right at 5:15, and it lasts long enough that you don’t have to wait long at all for Move It Shake it to come around! Yay! I grabbed a spot in the hub, attempting to stay out of the sun as much as I could, and waited for the show to begin!

High fives for Minnie!! And Aurora was looking exceptionally beautiful today too!

Though we can’t forget that Snow is the fairest of them all!

“Well gosh Minnie, you’ve always been a princess to me!” Seriously, everyone needs to find a man like that and just never let him go. And gentlemen, you need to find a woman who treats you like a prince as well, they’re somewhere out there, I promise! For those of you who have already found them, you’re amazing!

THAT HAIR GUUUURL. Seriously. I had yet to see Aurora’s redesign in person on this trip, but figured that could happen the next day. I do however greatly agree with the new hair in DAWM, it works, it looks gorgeous, I wish my hair was that wonderful!

“DID SOMEONE SAY ADVENTURE?!” This would be the part that I instantly thought of Mark, (Mjp935 on here, or some of you might know him as Jess’s friend that did his college program this past year too!) I honestly think of Mark every time I hear/read that line, hilarity.

Oh hey Wendy, you’re looking mighty fine today, I cannot WAIT for MNSSHP guys, cannot wait to be Wendy!

She’s so cute!

CLIFFHANGER!!!

Will Peter manage to beat Hook in this fight? Will the crocodile show up?! Let’s find out shall we?

**Continued**

Everyone looks pretty happy, so I’d say we’re safe from any nightmares and bad dreams for another day! Thanks Donald!!

\

Look at the poof on that skirt! THAT is always what I want in a costume, if it’s a princess/Alice dress, it needs to swoosh out like that and look awesome, like, it’s so much fun to spin in those dresses! Yes, I’m 6….

The princes were looking mighty fine today, but of course, the true Disney royalty is always the mouse himself!

*sigh*

Well, my dreams certainly hadn’t come true today, but I still had another chance to prove myself tomorrow, and if there’s one place that even if your dreams have been dashed, your hopes get renewed, it’s Magic Kingdom, especially Dream Along with Mickey. I mean, Disney’s all about working hard and putting in your all and making your dreams come true. I can’t sit around and wish on stars (although I totally do, have my wishing star from CRT on my wall and every so often I’ll be all “please, please, please, please, please, PLEASE” all Lottie style), haha!

I grabbed a seat on a bench for a bit and caught up on my trip report notes and just relaxed for the few minutes before Move It Shake It started!

And in case you were wondering, yes, I was in my spot, to the right of the partner’s statue, and even took a minute to make sure I was connected to the internet and facetime Paige!

The connection kept getting lost and I kept having to call her back and eventually just gave up, wifi in Disney isn’t the greatest, but she got a little taste of the magic! (p.s. she is leaving for her trip SO SOON! And I’m so excited for her!!)

If you read February’s TR, you know that we made friends with one of the stilts performers, and of course, I was keeping an eye out to see if he was performing today, but he wasn’t, sad face! I didn’t go out and dance either, just hung out and watched. I couldn’t even tell ya if I watched the whole thing or not! I’m pretty sure I didn’t!

I checked the times guide to see what characters were out and about til later, and found that my lovely Agrabah friends were still out so I jumped over to Adventureland and popped into line for their next set!

The woman in front of me looks so much like Jennifer Grey it’s blowing my mind a bit…

Seriously…post nose job and all, like, if she had said she was her I would’ve been convinced! Weird! I waited about half an hour to get to see the royal couple, and it was totally fine with me to wait that long!

Jasmine and Aladdin were midst conversation when I came up and Aladdin simply said “she would know, a beautiful princess like her”

Me: “….yes…”

I mean, you should always just agree with a Disney Prince, am I right?!

They asked my name, Aladdin said I was very beautiful, and asked where I was from. When I said Canada they said that it must be so cold there and I told them that actually, it was warmer in my hometown in Orlando earlier in the week!

Aladdin: No way! So, is it your first visit?

Me: Oh god no, I think I’m on like…11 now…

Aladdin: When was your last? Have you seen the new castles? Two new places to stay, what do you think?

Me: Absolutely amazing, nearly crying, like ACK!

Al and Jas: Did you see Gaston, was he behaving himself?

I told them that he actually was, that I had walked past him but not actually talked to him and things seemed to be okay!

They were both super awesome and chatty and took a bunch of time with me so that was lovely! I’m all for the character meets, and hey, I waited in line just as long as everyone else, just because I’m an adult doesn’t mean I get less interaction, right!? #foreverthedebate.

I stopped on the bridge into Frontierland quickly to update my notes, and then headed towards Fantasyland. One of my good friends has a 1 year old little girl who is in love with everything Winnie the Pooh so I wanted to check out stuff over there, and possibly see Ariel.

Nothing really interested me tin the gift shop, and I ended up running short on time. Why was I running short, may you ask? Well, I had been texting Jess (Princess Jess 508 on here, you’ve probably heard of her..) We both had ADR’s over at BOG around the same time, and since it was her birthday week, I had promised that I’d buy her a balloon to celebrate!

Jess, her Mom, her friend Miranda, and Mark of course, were meeting up over near Tiana and Naveen’s meet and greet, and said she would meet me there, so I hustled down Main Street to get a balloon, and then of course, have an AWESOME dismeet!

Where we left off I had just been texting Jess (PrincessJess_508) about a meet up we had talked about that also consisted of a birthday balloon! She also mentioned that she had already gotten a Princess one the other day, just so I would know, haha.

I hustled down Main Street and eventually found a cast member with balloons and purchased a red Mickey head one! I’d always wanted to buy one, but not having a stroller or anything to put it on while we did rides, I always decided not to, so it was nice to have a friend to buy one for! I got over to the glen just as they were taking pictures with Tiana and Naveen and gave Jess her balloon and wished her Happy Birthday after they were finished!

(photo credit to Jess!)

Her Mom was with her along with Miranda and Mark two of her friends, I’m pretty sure Miranda used to work for the mouse, and is starting again soon, and if you read Jess’s trip reports, I’m sure you’ve heard of her, and of course Mark, who did his college program in entertainment!

(photo credit to Jess!)

We hung around there for a bit just chatting about everything, stuff they’d done earlier in the week, how their College Programs were going, Disney, entertainment, you know, the regurlar dismeet talk! It was super nice to get to chat with all of them, especially since Jess and I’s original meet back in February had been super rushed! They asked about the audition and I told them the gist of what happened, Mark shared some of his stories from hanging out with some of his awesome friends, and then we started talking about Be Our Guest. I had told Shelly around what time I was coming, and Jess’ ADR just happened to be right around that time, so I explained that I had a friend who worked there who was getting me in, and once I mentioned the name Miranda realized that she knew Shelly! Small world! We decided that when we got over to BOG we’d ask if they could just add me to their party, and then started to make our way over to FLE, but let’s be serious, we only made it about 15 feet before we stopped at Jess’s favorite spot to take a BUNCH of balloon pictures!

(photo credit to Jess!)

(photo credit to Jess!)

That one should seriously be an ad, like, that girl can capture the Disney spirit in a picture like NO tomorrow! It was also amusing to get to see the “behind the scenes” as her Mom called them, of the trip report making.

(photo credit to Jess)

We of course had to get a picture with us and the balloon in her spot!

(photo credit to Jess)

After the balloon was fully satisfied with it’s photoshoot, we headed over to Fantasyland and over to the Be Our Guest check in. Jess checked her party in and asked the check in people if it was possible to add one more person in on their ADR, the lady said it would be a 45 minute wait..uhmm..no thank you! She felt bad that I’d have to eat alone, but I told her it was no worry, and then explained my situation to the cast members, and they ended up sending me up to the cm at the gate closer to the restaurant. I explained to HER my situation, and then said that my friends had an ADR right at the same time and if I could join their table, that’d be great, but if not, that was okay too.

Low and behold, there was definitely some pixie dust in the air as she told me that it was entirely possible AND it would only be a 15 minute wait! Yay! In the end we actually only wait 10 minutes too! Heck yes! We were called and lead into:

THE WEST WING!!

Paige and I did lunch in here back in February but the atmosphere is so much different at night we were all super pumped to be eating in there this time! There were buns for us and we placed a drink order within the first bit of sitting down.

[photo credit to Jess]

I’m pretty sure Jess and I both had the lemonades, they’re super tasty and pretty much anywhere I can get them, I’ll have it! Yum! They’re all natural so that helps a lot in my liking it! Shelly happened to be serving in the section right next to us, and noticed Miranda on the edge of the table and came over to say hi, and then noticed me with them and we were all “small world! We all know each other” and we introduced the other friends we had with them. Shelly ended up switching with our server so she could serve us, although they did both end up kinda helping out. I’m not sure if it was super busy that night or something, they may have been a little slammed, but it did take a LONG time from the time we sat to the time our food got out!

[photo credit to Jess!]

Jess and I both went with the Pork chop that came with macaroni and cheese and green beans. I had thought about something different, but stuck to what I loved! I had also tweeted at Jess when I first ate it that she NEEDED to try that mac and cheese so she decided to go with it now too!

Couldn’t tell ya what Mark had, and I’m pretty sure Miranda and Jess’s Mom both had the steak, but Miranda subbed in the mac and cheese as a side, yum! Everything was super delicious, I did notice the pork chop to be a little more dry, same with the mac and cheese, tonight, but there was a red wine au jus for the chop that helped a lot!

Everything was super awesome tonight at Be Our Guest minus all the time it took to really get everything done, we had been there at least an hour by the time we were eating dinner! It was clearly a busy night for everyone but we spent the time talking and just sharing stories. Jess told me some of the best places to get pizza where she’s from, Mark shared some funny stories from entertainment, one that fits in with BOG being that he once heard a lady tell the Beast that “he needed to clean up that West Wing! She was always telling her son that he always needed to have a clean room and now that the Beast had this messy room it was okay to messy!?” Lawl. Some people are definitely funny.

Now, to give you an idea just how long the night took, this is split into two updates……

LAWL. Jk, it’s just because I have so many pictures!

**continued**

Eventually the dessert cart made its way over to us, and I ended up with a different choice, the Strawberry cupcake, while some of the others had the chocolate cupcake! We also mentioned to Shelly that it was Jess’s birthday, and maybe we could have some Grey Stuff?

[photo credit to Jess]

[photo credit to Jess]

Well, not only did Shelly come back with the a card from the Beast and Belle, but not only one, but TWO Grey Stuff’s! She figured the birthday girl needed one on her own, and everyone else needed to try it, I mean, that stuff is small!

[photo credit to Jess]

[photo credit to Jess]

Super awesome!! Yay. We finally were settling up our bills and it turned out that we were among the last in the restaurant, so the Beast was only going to be out for a little longer, so Mark, Miranda and Jess ran off to quickly say hello!

[photo credit to Jess!]

While they did that I spent some time wandering through the West Wing to take pictures, as it was practically empty, when there’s a bunch of other people eating in there you just don’t want to disrupt them with your picture taking! Ha!

If you ever eat in the WW, make sure to pay attention during the thunderstorms, the portrait of the Prince will flash into the Beast, AND a rose petal will fall from the enchanted rose!

While I was paying more attention, I actually noticed the enchanted mirror up there too, thought that was pretty cool!

When Miranda got back she pointed out the hidden Mickey in the curtain, it’s made out of the rips, so it’s kinda hard to spot. You have to lean right up against the railing in the center and look to your right. The Beast also made his way into the WW to say goodnight to us, and do a little twirl, to hope we had a good night visiting his castle, it was super awesome!

[photocredit to Jess!]

All the bill settled we made our way out of the West Wing and into the ballroom, where, let’s be serious, there was a whole other photoshoot that occurred!

[photo credit to Jess]

The ballroom is just to pretty to not photograph, and seriously, this was one of my most favorite moments of the trip. The only people in the restaurant that weren’t working were us, and a couple more of the college program people we had actually run into! They were some of Mark’s friends and it just made for an awesome end to a night. The instrumental version of Beauty and the Beast was playing and we danced around together and just had a good time and a laugh while we wrapped up the night, one of the best moments!

[photo cred to Jess]

[photo cred to Jess]

We took those last photos, thanked Shelly and the cast members once again, said goodbye to the other friends we’d ran into, and made our way out of Be Our Guest. Upon seeing the outdoors once again, we realized we were the ONLY people left on that side of the park! Fantasyland was completely empty as we walked through it, truly magical. We walked straight through Cinderella Castle to see the MSEP going on and danced along to it as we walked out of the park. We spent some time joking around that we could totally already do the choreo, so Disney should really just put us into the parades already! Lawl.

Once at the front of the park, we said goodbye to Miranda as she had driven to the parks that day, and then the rest of us split up to get on the appropriate busses! I managed to “wait” for the second bus, and scored a seat, heck yes! Only waited 10 minutes.

It really was a magical evening, and an absolutely awesome way to meet such great people. Jess and I’s last meeting had been so short and rushed that I was really glad we all got to spend a whole, and long at that, meal together. Mark, Miranda, Jess and her Mom were all super friendly and welcoming and I could not have asked for a better evening after a not so great audition! But hey, there was still tomorrow!

When I did get back I managed to pop onto tumblr for a bit, and, since I check it three times a day, the Disney Audition website…

Of course…parade performer auditions get posted today…

See, I asked Lyssa on her opinion on if I should come down to the May auditions or not, and she said they were pretty well staffed for characters, but would need parades, and that I should wait for that. I was hesitant since they had just closed DCR and CTF in DHS and figured they’d be overstaffed, and I did really want to hit up the HKDL audition, so I obviously came anways.

Now, parades, they’re my love, my calling, the chills I get when I hear that last BOOM note echo in FOTLK, and the fact that when I listen to it I just KNOW that one day I’ll be part of it, it’s bound to happen. A lot of the time I definitely would rather be in Move It Shake than hang out with a Princess! And this audition posting included Boo To You #dying…

SO, OF COURSE, they would post these the NIGHT that I finished an audition, I wasn’t sure what to do, and immediately started pricing things out…bahah

THEN it was time for bed!

Sorry this update’s been so wordy! I feel like I’m talking too much….

Great updates!

One of these days I am going to stop long enough to see all of DAWM. I've probably seen the whole thing by catching bits and pieces walking by but never watched all the way from start to finish.

My first thought when you started watching the Shake It Move It parade was "wonder if stilts guy was there?" Bummer that he wasn't.

Oh man, Be Our Guest. I am so relieved I managed to snag a reservation in October. I NEED another one of those chocolate cupcakes! I loved reading about the meet with Jess from the other side since I read it on her TR first.

Love the inside of the Beast's castle... :love:

Are you doing any auditions on your September trip???

And NEVER give up on your dream!!! pixiedust:

I just keep falling more and more in love with DAWM. I can't wait to see it again.

And Move It Shake It... Pure Joy!

Haha, you totally should have asked the woman in front if she'd mind going into the corner just to see what she'd say.

Nope, I'm a firm believer that EVERYONE is entitled (though I do hate the word entitled) to great character interaction. Sometimes adults need it more. Granted, sometimes I will move along quickly to allow a child some more time or what not, but that's my decision.

Just a wonderful update Katt. I loved reading about your BOG meal with the crew. So, no way, not too wordy AT ALL!

How did I not know this thread existed? Going back now...

Haha I didn't link it anywhere! Lol

Great updates!

One of these days I am going to stop long enough to see all of DAWM. I've probably seen the whole thing by catching bits and pieces walking by but never watched all the way from start to finish.

My first thought when you started watching the Shake It Move It parade was "wonder if stilts guy was there?" Bummer that he wasn't.

Oh man, Be Our Guest. I am so relieved I managed to snag a reservation in October. I NEED another one of those chocolate cupcakes! I loved reading about the meet with Jess from the other side since I read it on her TR first.

Thanks!!

Ahaha, YES! you have to, it's so cute!!

Lol! Paige said she saw him yesterday, so there's hope of running into him again! And I did see a picture on instagram someone posted of him NOT on stilts...it was weird...

SO YUMMY RIGHT?! It was a great dinner and the cupcakes are so great!! Haha, yeah!

Love the inside of the Beast's castle... :love:

Are you doing any auditions on your September trip???

And NEVER give up on your dream!!! pixiedust:

It's hands down one of my favorite places in WDW! So pretty!

Yes!! I wasn't going to but then they announced one that includes Aurora, and the girls from Frozen, and I haven't auditioned for any of them before. It happend to be smack dab in the middle of our first MK day, and conflict with our BOG adr....thankfully that all got sorted out and I'm defintely going now!

What a great Dismeet!

It was really awesome! Jess is such a sweetheart and the added bonus of getting to meet everyone else was awesome!! I'm excited to get to see her again!

LOVE all your pics! :goodvibes

Thank you!!

I just keep falling more and more in love with DAWM. I can't wait to see it again.

And Move It Shake It... Pure Joy!

Haha, you totally should have asked the woman in front if she'd mind going into the corner just to see what she'd say.

Nope, I'm a firm believer that EVERYONE is entitled (though I do hate the word entitled) to great character interaction. Sometimes adults need it more. Granted, sometimes I will move along quickly to allow a child some more time or what not, but that's my decision.

Just a wonderful update Katt. I loved reading about your BOG meal with the crew. So, no way, not too wordy AT ALL!

Love love love it! So glad you're liking it too! And move it shake it! There are few things that are better than it!

Ahahaha!! I seriously jumped on twitter/instagram to try and find out if Jennifer Grey was in WDW, like that's how much this chick looked like her!!

Yeah, I'm not going to speed my way through unless the character isn't on their game that day. I've had it on more than one occasion where it's the character that's dragging it out, like, Naveen, when Paige and I saw them in Feb we knew they were cutting into their break time and felt bad, but they kept going so, whatevs!

Thanks!! It was a great night!!

Hey girlie! Gonna get caught up on this one.

HI!! Glad you're back!!

Yay, auditions! I love the fact that you go and audition. I want to be able to say "oh, yeah my friend Katt is this character's friend". :goodvibes

Gah! I would love the Broadway section at Music.

Pocahontas is one of my favorites. I was about 14 years old when that movie came out and I just fell in love with her.

Hahaha. You and your uncrustables just crack me up.

I agree completely in regards to the technology generation. Even my nephews. Every time we had any kind of lull, it was "can I play with your phone?" NO! YOU CANNOT PLAY WITH MY PHONE!

Ha! There was no way you were heading over to Dinosaur after Everest.

Man, over so quickly! You're right, with so many people auditioning, it must be crazy! I couldn't imagine.

I love the Tangled bathrooms. They're so so pretty!

How awesome that you were able to get in to BoG with everyone! That's so cool.

Yay, auditions! I love the fact that you go and audition. I want to be able to say "oh, yeah my friend Katt is this character's friend". :goodvibes

Gah! I would love the Broadway section at Music.

Pocahontas is one of my favorites. I was about 14 years old when that movie came out and I just fell in love with her.

Hahaha. You and your uncrustables just crack me up.

I agree completely in regards to the technology generation. Even my nephews. Every time we had any kind of lull, it was "can I play with your phone?" NO! YOU CANNOT PLAY WITH MY PHONE!

Ha! There was no way you were heading over to Dinosaur after Everest.

Man, over so quickly! You're right, with so many people auditioning, it must be crazy! I couldn't imagine.

I love the Tangled bathrooms. They're so so pretty!

How awesome that you were able to get in to BoG with everyone! That's so cool.

Ahaha, it'll happen one of these days!! Even if I don't make face, which I'm totally okay with, you never know when I could be hanging with the chipmunks!

THEY'RE SO GOOD!! I wouldn't love them as much if I could get them up here, but since I can't, they're that much more delicious!

Exactly!!

It was insane, I've never seen an audition so huge!!

They're amazing, I am so happy with what Disney has been doing these past little bits in the parks, I can't wait to see the coaster!!

It was great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter