A Compilation of Audition Adventures and Awesome Guest Stars!-Updated 9/29x2!

joining in. I have lurked forever. Your TR's are truly awesome and I look forward to seeing more.

I can't wait til I appear in these!!
I had forgotten how close your seats were at fantasmic! Pretty epic. I could probably get you some backstage info at fantasmic now ;)

Wow, you're actually available to book Free Dining in person and yet you STILL had to use the phone. :laughing:

I agree. I'm kinda getting tired of all the technology. I mean it's useful, but people don't even talk anymore. It's sad.

I love touring solo since you get to really look at stuff. Undiscovered treasures!

No doubt you're moseying on over to Dinosaur of course. :lmao: Yeah right... :simba:

Ahahaha I know right! Crazy stuff.

Ugh, it irks me a lot how much people are on their phones and just not talking, I mean, there are people now a days who can't go without phones for even a minute. There are people who won't split up at a waterpark because they can't text to find where you are and that's like, WHAT?!

Definitely...dinosaur's all the rage!

Love the TR so far.

I agree with you about the #technology generation!
I have 3 kids and we are trying everything we can to keep them from being attached to technology!

Thank you!!

Yeah, it's quite an interesting process with people now a days, I know I'm sometimes guilty of it, but I try to stay away from having my phone glued to my hand. I'm sure the "smart phone" part isn't helping either, everyones constantly on an app or game!

Yay, more pictures of ASMu, makes me a little homesick for my March solo trip.

Oh man, the whole free dining fiasco! I hope you were able to book ok. FD was offered this morning for Oct - Dec. I called right at 7 am. Some how I got straight through without even going on hold. No availability at POR or POFQ! :sad1: I ended up going with CSR since I stayed at CBR last November. I don't know how I got so lucky getting straight through, last time I checked there were people that had been on hold 2 hours.

I love mornings at AK. Nothing like being able to walk on EE over and over before the crowds get there!

There must be something in the air at Disney that makes all common sense about shopping go right out the window. :rotfl: I always buy way more stuff that I plan on while I'm there.

I have NO idea where you could be headed next, NOT! :confused3 :lmao:

I managed to get through later while I was on my break! FD for the win! I don't know about the booking and stuff, maybe Sept just wasn't as crazy? It is a lot lower of a time to go? Yay for getting through, and CSR!

I know!! BEST!!

Ugh, so much so. However it's worth it. Well, the shoes were, I've already given away the shirt and haven't worn the dress yet...:rolleyes:

Awesome pics! :)

Thanks!!

Lots of neat, almost empty, AK pictures!

Thanks! I'm glad I managed to at least try to get some different shots this time!

joining in. I have lurked forever. Your TR's are truly awesome and I look forward to seeing more.

Yay! Glad you've been enjoying, thank you!

I can't wait til I appear in these!!
I had forgotten how close your seats were at fantasmic! Pretty epic. I could probably get you some backstage info at fantasmic now ;)

Yay!! :cool1: Hahaha. It's gonna be a fun one! haha. Aw man! Totally forgot about Fantasmic, that's so awesome, she must be having so much fun with it!!

Subbing in! I've read/am reading some of your other reports, but always seem to be too far behind to comment and jump into the fray!

I'm a dancer as well and really looking forward to more info about the audition process. My discipline doesn't translate well into theatre/show production style dancing, so a career in entertainment with the Mouse isn't likely for me. That said, I certainly love and appreciate all dance styles and the work that goes into them!

Subbing in! I've read/am reading some of your other reports, but always seem to be too far behind to comment and jump into the fray!

I'm a dancer as well and really looking forward to more info about the audition process. My discipline doesn't translate well into theatre/show production style dancing, so a career in entertainment with the Mouse isn't likely for me. That said, I certainly love and appreciate all dance styles and the work that goes into them!

Yay!! You can always jump in and comment!! It's always nice to make new Dis friends!! Hahah

Nice!! Haha, that's fair! I do say that the parade choreo isn't tough at all, most of it's pretty basic and at like, an intermediate jazz level. Some stuff is tougher of course haha. The equity dance stuff would be harder of course haha. You could always audition just for fun!!

Haha yeah. She just did her first performance tonight. I only know that she does the snake part, but I'm sure she does some others too. I'll have to find out!

That’s right team, I was headed over to Dinoland!! Because seriously, who can go to Disney World and skip out on Dinosaur?!

This girl…right here…we all know where I was *really* headed to, Camp Minnie Mickey, it was time for my favorite show EVER! I got there just as they were letting people into the line up by the theater doors! Perfect!

I seriously just walked to the front of the FOTLK because people always stick to the right #goleft

I find it’s one of those places that people sometimes think is a line, not a “clump” after some people who were farther back in the line saw me walk right up to the doors I noticed a few of them join me over on the left hand side. No one thinks about it, but it gets you the best seats every time! Tip!

There is no handling how exciting for FOTLK I am right now! #dreamjob #love #bestshowever

After a little bit of waiting, okay, maybe it was closer to half an hour, but whatever, we were left into the theater, and I headed to my favorite spot!

You’d think I’d want to sit in the lion section, but no, I’ve grown such a love for the elephant section! #tradition

Don’t know why, but it’s always been where I’ve ended up and once I figured out which sides of the building were which, I’ve always sat there, maybe I’ll change it up next time, who knows?! Heck, when they move to the new building Imma have a problem!

The leader of the pack!! I also tried to take more pictures of the show performers instead of just the bird dancers this time..bahaha!

I just love the way that photo turned out, with the bright light from the back but not washed out! It also shows where they get the chalk from! I’d always been wondering, and now that I’ve seen the show enough I know where to look! And speaking of places to look, during the tumble monkey sequence, it’s actually HILARIOUS to watch how Pumbaa and Timon are interacting/dancing along, best!

Like, there’s always so much going on on the big/mains stage that you kinda miss all the stuff everyone else is doing. Then again, that’s one of the best things about this show, it’s a completely immersive experience, it feels like you’re legit in a different place for the twenty minutes!

Ugh. One of these days I’ll figure out how to photograph this show better! Between the dancing and the low lights, its so hard! I have no trouble with BaTB because it’s so much lighter, same with parades, but this, and MSEP, I FAIL.

The moment they bring those birds out in the end, I’m dying! Also, the elephant girl was super short! Like, whoa short haha! It was adorable.

As always, it was an amazing show, full of awesome performers, including my favorite bird girl dancer! I swear, I need to ask to meet her the next time I’m there but I’d be SUCH a bubbling mess I don’t even know how I’d get through it! I did notice that there was a stage hand out and about on the stage during Be Prepared, and wondered what was going on there, hey, at least safety’s first for everyone, right!?

I also found that the other performers I was recognizing a lot of, it definitely became apparent on this trip that they were cross “training” a lot more than I’ve seen before (ie, doing Move It Shake It and Celebrate a Dream Come True on the same day) but who knows, maybe that was a sign of what was to come?!?

Of course I wanted to circle right around in circle and get back into the line to watch again! I checked my watch, and did some math in my head using the longest time frames of course to be sure, and decided that it would probably be a bad idea, so lunch was the next on my list!

I skipped my way over to Yak and Yeti’s counter service for lunch! After eating TS in November I wanted to try out their CS and see how it held up, and of course, try something new! That was my plan for this trip! I ordered fairly quickly and chose the Honey Chicken, with rice. Your plain Chinese delivery style food.

My verdict: if you’re going to do Yak and Yeti, definitely do the table service. This was on par with your cheap late night, too drunk to decide what you want, Chinese food. It was suuuper saucy too, I was attempting to wipe the sauce off or get just some rice with no sauce but it didn’t really work out.

Oh well, now I know where I don’t want to eat, right?! With lunch over I slowly moseyed on out of the park, it was probably around 11:30, maybe noon by now, and with not really enough time to do anything, I left Animal Kingdom and headed back to All Stars, it was time to pick up snacks and get ready!

Ahahaha... WHAT!? Not Dinosaur!! I'm in shock!

Haha, ordinarily having two currently running TR's feature the same thing simultaneuosly would be a fluke. But considering it's FOTLK, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. :lmao:

I think your pictures are wonderful! :goodvibes

Interesting. Now I've never eaten at the TS Yak & Yeti, but I LOVE the QS. Then again maybe based on your description it reminds me of another time. :scratchin

Ahahaha... WHAT!? Not Dinosaur!! I'm in shock!

Haha, ordinarily having two currently running TR's feature the same thing simultaneuosly would be a fluke. But considering it's FOTLK, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. :lmao:

I think your pictures are wonderful! :goodvibes

Interesting. Now I've never eaten at the TS Yak & Yeti, but I LOVE the QS. Then again maybe based on your description it reminds me of another time. :scratchin

I know right?!?!

Oh my gosh I keep trying to make sure that that TR's arent at the same point, but I figured since this TR skips past Fotlk pretty fast It'd be okay!

Why am I so nervous about this today?!

Yup, you heard me right, I was actually nervous this time, like, super nervous. I knew the audition, I knew what was going to happen, heck I even knew the “dance” number we’d be doing, but I was nervous. Who knows why?! I started to get ready, and got all dressed in tight black capri pants, along with one of those like, “shress” es like, a shirt, but also a dress, kidna thing. I had it belted at my waist so it showed off my figure, as the posting said to do. Hair pulled back, you get the drift.

While I got ready and waited for the time to come, I also called back the Disney dining line to sort out stuff for the next trip!

Free dining added to Sept!!! Heck yes, gotta love that promo!

Seriously, if you ever get the change to vacation with free dining, take the offer, it saves so much money and you get to eat at some places that cost wise, might be too much otherwise. I seriously love it!

Eventually it was time for me to head out, I made sure that my make up was spot on, and wandered down to outside the lobby of the resort where I asked for a cab. It was there right away and after paying and saying thank you, I was at the audition facility!

uuuuuurrrrgggffffffhhhh

Auditions start at 4:00pm, with sign in starting at 3:00, and I arrived today at 2:15, you might think that’s crazy early, but really, it wasn’t! When you walk in the building you pretty much do a U-turn into a short hallway, then left down a long hallway where you usually line up. Well, when I got there and heard a lot of loud voices, and right around that U-turn found a bunch of people, was instantly worried! I did however go to the washroom to check out how many people were around the corner…..

None…everyone had kinda just congregated around the benches in the U turn area, thank goodness! I didn’t want to be that far back in the group! I waited a bit before Amanda showed up! We’d been talking a bit on tumblr and eventually exchanged facebook’s and decided that the day before the HK audition, we would play in MK together! She’s on the disboards as ahair005! Yay! After she got to the audition, we decided that we’d be the ones to take the line around the corner to where it usually started. Most of the other girls followed suit, and we told them they could take their rightful spots as they were there first, but they declined, and one of them said how they had to have their lucky number so they’d wait.

Weird.

There was, of course, a girl in line who was pretending she knew everything there was to know about Disney and the auditions, as usual. Amanda and I half listened and half chatted to each other to get to know each other, and turns out, we get along great! Yay for internet friends! It was super funny listening to the other girl as we both have friends who work for the mouse, and in entertainment, so it’s just hilarious some of the people say!

Gawd, some of the stuff you hear in this hallway!

Right around 3:00 they opened the door to let us all in, with myself and Amanda being number 1 and number 2 to sign in! Eeek! It was also a nice sight to see a familiar face doing the measuring and sign in! Today, I was measured at 64’’…..

After they had signed in about the first hundred and fifty people they got all of our attention, since the line was still out the door, they’d be moving the first group of 50 of us into a second room to do a type out. This is basically you stand in a line, and the casting director looks at your faces. They were nice enough to play some music and let us kinda chat with our neighbors while this went on so we didn’t feel quite so awkward.

After they went through all 50 of us came the first cut, and alas, today was not Amanda and I’s day, out of everyone in the first group, they kept 3, 1 guy, 1 darker girl, and 1 blonde blue eyed, can’t remember the height on her haha. The shocking thing to us was when we were on our way out, they were signing the very last person in! :eek:

Welp, that was that. Over 300 people there…glad I was in the first round, now I can go play in Magic Kingdom!

Amanda and I bid each other farewell and said we’d see each other the next morning for MK fun, and both called a cab and hung out while we waited. I don’t think either of us were too upset, when there’s that many people there, things are crazy. I’ve always gotten to do the movement routine, but not this time, at least we were out early and had lots of time to hang around now! But I was on my way to the parks while Amanda went back to her hotel, she had flown in that day and the DME still hadn’t gotten her luggage to the room so she really wanted to get to that!

Headed to dinner at Be Our Guest tonight, have room for one more, anyone interested?!

Surprisingly, none of my followers replied to that tweet! Lawl. The cabbie chatted with me on the way over to the Contemporary and asked if I had been at an audition and how it went. The cabbie’s in the area are pretty used to it, he told me next time for sure as he dropped me off and I thanked him and made my way over to MK’s entrance!

Obviously I was super excited to get into my favorite park, but I was definitely feeling the heat! It wasn’t necessarily that I was getting hot, but more so that I could kind of feel myself getting burnt, and with another audition the next day, no one wants that! Well, let me tell you, sunscreen is upwards of 15 dollars on Disney property…no thank you…. I ended up buying a little stick of it much like a glue stick just to try and not burn, and then figured it was time to reward myself!

It’s time for a nice Lefou’s Brew!

As I got my drink I had some thought about needing to use the washroom and how it was kinda a stupid thing I had just gotten a drink, as I have this thing with taking open drinks/food into washrooms…derp. THEN I REMEMBERED ABOUT THE TANGLED WASHROOMS!!!

AHHHHH

Seriously dying. I made my way quickly over there while drinking my brew and was immediately BLOWN AWAY! I managed to somehow time it perfectly so that I was walking up right when the “Kingdom Dance” music was playing, from when Rapunzel and Eugene first went into the kingdom in Tangled. Ugh. Perfect.

Absolutely gorgeous. The whole washroom/break area is themed like this, and then off to the left hand side (closer to HM) is where you’ll find her tower!

There’s a bunch of wanted posters up all over the place of all the ruffians and thugs too! So much detail!

And Rapunzel’s clearly spent some time painting over here too!

I could not simply get enough of this area, it’s so well done and amazing as Disney seems to be doing recently! It’s also breathtaking at night with all the lanterns and tower all lit up! I know there were a bunch of people who were disappointed in Disney’s new things, or what they’ve been announcing, but between AoA, New Fantasyland and these Tangled bathrooms, I think they’re heading in a fantastic direction! Magic Bands and Fast pass plus...now that’s a whole different story… Heehee.

I did use the toilets here too, and the wonderful themeing continues into the washroom, and from what I’ve heard/seen in pictures, there’s frying pans over all the sinks in the men’s washroom, like STAPH. Too good!

It was after this that I buckled and bought the sunscreen as it was just getting hotter, and that was no fun! And since I’m nearly at my picture limit, and it was nearing 5:15, it was showtime, so, read on into the next update my friends!

sorry to hear the first audition didn't go better.

I have so much respect for people in the entertainment industry - to wait in line for hours only to be told after a quick look that you could leave, and take it in stride? I'd be like "but wait! You didn't see my dance, or sing, or do all the other wonderful things that I have spent tons of time honing my craft to do!"

Though, to be fair, after I have a business meeting I don't get to hang out at The Magic Kingdom, so I guess there are pluses and minuses to everything ;)

Oh I love reading and learning about the audition process and I'm so glad you're here to do that.

It sucks that you got cut, but I guess it's good that at least you didn't spend a ton of time there only to be cut later. That would super size suck.

At least you got to get to playing in Magic Kingdom! Not a bad consolation. And LeFou's Brew is a wonderful reward. :cool1:

Whew, caught up again!

I understand having a favorite section in FOLK. I always end up in the Giraffe section. I've been in both the Lion section and the Elephant section but it just doesn't feel right to me! I hope they keep the theater and show the same when it moves to Africa.

I need to check out Pumba and Timon during the Tumble Monkeys. Of course that would mean taking my eyes off of the action so I'm not sure if that will happen. The Tumble Monkeys are my favorite part.

Bummer again on the auditions. I get so excited and then disappointed each time you audition you would like I was doing the auditioning myself. :lmao:

I cannot wait to see those Tangled bathrooms in 66 days! I missed them by a few days in March. I need to make DH watch the movie before we go so he gets why I'm excited to see bathrooms. :rotfl:

The Tangled bathroom area is SO BEAUTIFUL! I don't get the people complaining. I mean yes, they really should have used this area for a Rapunzel (and Flynn) meet & greet, but even if that was not in the plan, I'm glad they went all out in theming the area.

sorry to hear the first audition didn't go better.

I have so much respect for people in the entertainment industry - to wait in line for hours only to be told after a quick look that you could leave, and take it in stride? I'd be like "but wait! You didn't see my dance, or sing, or do all the other wonderful things that I have spent tons of time honing my craft to do!"

Though, to be fair, after I have a business meeting I don't get to hang out at The Magic Kingdom, so I guess there are pluses and minuses to everything ;)

Thanks, and hey, it wasn't the right time for us. So it's all good!

Entertainment is tough, especially with Disney, at least in most acting/dance auditions you get to actually do something instead of just stand there. I do find that dancers really have it the worst, like as a singer, you go in, you sing a song that you might even end up singing in the show, and they judge you. In a dance audition, you go in and learn a super complicated combination super fast, get judged, and then the show you're auditioning for is NOTHING near the level of hard choreography that they auditioned you with... :confused3

Ahaha, yeah, being in Disney after auditions is a super cool perk!

Oh I love reading and learning about the audition process and I'm so glad you're here to do that.

It sucks that you got cut, but I guess it's good that at least you didn't spend a ton of time there only to be cut later. That would super size suck.

At least you got to get to playing in Magic Kingdom! Not a bad consolation. And LeFou's Brew is a wonderful reward. :cool1:

Thanks! Glad I could share!!

Yeah, I'm always keen to get there as soon as I can, helps with getting ou faster if you don't make it too far!

Heck yes!! Aw man, cannot WAIT to have some brew next month!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter