A Compilation of Audition Adventures and Awesome Guest Stars!-Updated 9/29x2!

It was another REALLY early morning for me the next day! See, when Amanda and I had been at the audition the day before she had started talking about her headshot, and then, I had a moment of FREAKING OUT, I had definitely left mine at home… We didn’t need them for the WDW audition, but we were supposed to bring them for the HKDL audition that day! Oh no! The night earlier I sent my roommate a message asking if she could go on my computer and find my acting resume and headshot and email them to me and then I’d print them off in the lobby. I still hadn’t heard back from her, but went on down to the lobby anyways.

The cast member at the desk was super friendly and gave me a list/brochure of all the places on property that had “business centers” that I could print things off at. The prices were a little steep, but hey, you do what you gotta do, right?! I thanked her, grabbed some Uncrustables and decided I may as well head to the park now rather than walk all the way back to the room.

Welp, I got to Magic Kingdom at 7:45, wow…I had some time to kill..

Replying to Disboards stuff while waiting for MK rope drop #likeaboss

They let us through the turnstiles around 8:00 and Amanda showed up at 8:30, I quickly explained what was happening with my headshot and resume, and before we knew it, the rope drop show was beginning!

These little guys will always make me think of Lyssa now! Lol So cute!

Yay! Always love that show. We did notice, thanks to Jess and Mark’s thoughts the night before, that Peter had seriously been hitting the gym! You can notice it more in Jess’s pictures where his arms are crossed, but that is one buff kid! Bahah!

We stopped for a quick second in the bathroom right after the train station to rinse out our mugs from the coffee earlier, and then made a game plan. Amanada and I lucked out in having a lot of the same favorite characters, so we knew we would try to meet them, and then do the things we wanted to. She said she really wanted to ride Haunted Mansion, so it was off to there that we went!

999 Happy Haunts later, and we were heading through the Briar Patch having a zipp a dee do da day! I did notice that Splash had definitely been painted and it was a lot brighter in there than it had been last trip I was on it, thank goodness! We noticed that Big Thunder was all roped off, but as we were walking up to check out what was going on we were let in, heck yes! We braved the wildest part of the wilderness and then went to sea to brave some pirate fights and rum bottles being thrown around too! Tink is one of the characters that was on our list, but her wait time was already at 65 minutes, so we skipped on past her and wandered over into New Fantasyland!

AND LOOK! PICTURES!

Sorry guys…this was just a look around trip I guess, didn’t take as many pictures, and hey, Amanda and I were talking and getting to know each other!

Princess reunited with Prince and all was good in the world! Since we were already in New Fantasyland we figured it was probably time to check in with a good friend who eats 5 dozen eggs daily…

Look! It’s Amanda! Bahah, just realized that’s her first picture in the TR!

He asked us both “who’re we making jealous today?” as we went up to get our pictures, I’m sure Amanda said something about her boyfriend, and my response was “uhm…no one…”

Gaston: “Well then…” And put his arm around me for the pictures...oh hai…yes please… :p While we took the pictures a Mom and her kid were walking by and we heard her ask her child if he wanted to take a picture with Gaston, and Gaston’s response was “Of course you do! Everyone does!”

Yeah…the kid didn’t think so…

We thanked Gaston and made our way out of Belle’s little village, we had another Princesses area to see, and I’m pretty sure Amanda hadn’t seen it yet at this point!

What kingdom were we headed to next? Why, Corona of course, the kingdom where a hrose runs the guard, frying pans are a major weapon choice, and all the apples run out regularly! I noticed some details I had missed out on the day before!

I even noticed one of the little hidden Pascals that are all around the area!

Here’s a closer look!

There’s a bunch, I think 8? Hidden around the area, we couldn’t find anymore of them that day, but made a note to google it before coming back so that we could find them next time!

I still can’t get over how amazingly well done this little area is, like, sure, it could have been a meet and greet, but who cares?! I love it for what it is, and it really opens up the walking space over there. And honestly, it’s really nice to have an awesome bathroom, and one that’s super close to that end of Liberty Square!

Now, since the cool thing to do is walk across the park three times, we headed over to Tomorrowland to check on the wait time for Space Mountain, and that was a no go…too long. Princesses? Nada, wait time was too long and the fast pass return time was during the parade, which we wanted to watch. So what was the obvious choice to do next? Why, grab some lunch of course, and we ended up BACK at Columbia Harbor House, right next to where we had just been at Rapunzel’s area…derp.

I ordered the Salmon with broccoli and instead of the cous cous that comes with it I asked for apple slices and was super happy they were able to give them to me instead! Yay for subbing things in! Disney’s always so good with that! I also got a frozen lemonade, and Amanda got the basic fish and chips!

First time at CHH, and the verdict is? Super delicious! Yayayay. I was really impressed with it, the salmon and the veggies were waaaaay better than I expected, definitely even two servings in there too, it all tasted fresh and awesome and just great. I was super impressed and will definitely be going back again! We even found seats downstairs! We finished lunch pretty quickly, and then it was about time for one of the things that I knew I couldn’t miss while in Disney, so we headed over to the Hub!

YOU KNOW IT!! My one true love…

I was saddened, yet again, to see that Paige and I’s stilts friend wasn’t out today!! He wasn’t around the entire time I was there in May, sad face!! We still had fun though, and Frozone pulled us into the dance party to dance with him when it was time. After a bit of dancing we decided to bail though, just weren’t feeling it baha, and hey, we had some royal friends to meet up with!

Wow, you were there early. Awesome that despite this being a "business" trip, you're not letting that stop you from Disney enjoyment. :goodvibes

Holy, Gaston is HUGE!

Yup I have a feeling you WILL be back to CHH at least once this coming trip. ;)

I just love Move It Shake It more and more. Plus, unlike a regular parade, it's usually fairly easy to get a spot to watch even after it's started.

Wow, you were there early. Awesome that despite this being a "business" trip, you're not letting that stop you from Disney enjoyment. :goodvibes

Holy, Gaston is HUGE!

Yup I have a feeling you WILL be back to CHH at least once this coming trip. ;)

I just love Move It Shake It more and more. Plus, unlike a regular parade, it's usually fairly easy to get a spot to watch even after it's started.

It was a bit crazy. I sometimes forget how much quicker you get around when you're traveling solo! Lol.

I love that they cast Gaston so tall!! Makes me feel super teey! :P

Definitely!! Lol. I Won't be eating super heavy thanks to the Le Cellier ADR later that day, but we'll still be back!!

I love the Gaston interaction! “Of course you do! Everyone does!” SO classic Gaston! He's on my list of next see characters for my next trip!

Its pretty pathetic really how excited I am to see the Rapunzel bathrooms. She's my all time favorite princess and I can't wait to see that area.

Oh no, forgot your headshot?! That stinks. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Ha! Look at you luckin' out having Gaston putting his arm around you during the pictures.

Gaaah! I didn't find that hidden Pascal!

The salmon from CHH is one of my favorites! So yummy.

Awesome start to your MK day!

Yea for finally trying CHH. That's my favorite at MK.

Boo for no stilts guy!

I hope you were able to get your head shot printed!

Oh my gosh Katt! This is like the 20th TR of yours that I've missed! :rotfl2: I just read through the entire thing and I'm holding my breath for your auditions.... What a great meet up/dinner with Jess and her group. Gaston is always a "swell guy" especially with the ladies... love his interactions.

You know you are just meant to be a Disney performer... you are so perfect for it. I'm waiting to hear how this turns out. Of course I love reading about your adventures anyway so great job!! :thumbsup2

I love the Gaston interaction! “Of course you do! Everyone does!” SO classic Gaston! He's on my list of next see characters for my next trip!

Its pretty pathetic really how excited I am to see the Rapunzel bathrooms. She's my all time favorite princess and I can't wait to see that area.

Gaston is always a great character to meet!

Aw man, totally not pathetic, it's awesome, the bff and I practically RAN from the other side of the park when we thought they would be open in Feb!

Oh no, forgot your headshot?! That stinks. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Ha! Look at you luckin' out having Gaston putting his arm around you during the pictures.

Gaaah! I didn't find that hidden Pascal!

The salmon from CHH is one of my favorites! So yummy.

Haha, it all worked out in the end, right?!

I know right! Yay!

Hahaha, Amanda and I could only find him that day, but June....

So yum1!

Awesome start to your MK day!

Yea for finally trying CHH. That's my favorite at MK.

Boo for no stilts guy!

I hope you were able to get your head shot printed!

Yup!! It was great!!

I know!! I'm sad I haven't seen him in a while!!

Oh my gosh Katt! This is like the 20th TR of yours that I've missed! :rotfl2: I just read through the entire thing and I'm holding my breath for your auditions.... What a great meet up/dinner with Jess and her group. Gaston is always a "swell guy" especially with the ladies... love his interactions.

You know you are just meant to be a Disney performer... you are so perfect for it. I'm waiting to hear how this turns out. Of course I love reading about your adventures anyway so great job!! :thumbsup2

Ahahahaha, yeah, I've got a lot going on.... I'm just trying to wrap this one up before leaving!! ONE WEEK!!:banana: and then I'll keep Sept's on the go while I'm down there and finish it up after!

It was a great night, I'm glad I got to spend it with them!!

Thank you!!!

Amanda really wanted to meet Rapunzel, and I had a special moment that I needed to get recorded for Shannon and Maddie’s upcoming trip, so when we were done conga-ing our way around the hub, we headed back down to Town Square Theater, where the wait time was posted at fourty five minutes, and we figured, why not? It’s air conditioned, and we didn’t have much else to do!

The wait time was pretty accurate, but luckily, I had some stuff to do to kill the time while in line! I still hadn’t heard back from my roommate on the headshot/resume problem, and was getting kinda concerned! I didn’t want to show up at an audition that asked for a them without it, not cool! Luckily, the day and age of smart phones saved me! I used that time in line to jump on facebook, screen shot my headshot to send to myself, and then typed up a quick, not so greatly formatted but hey, it’ll do, resume and emailed it to myself to print off later! Mission accomplished, it was time for princesses!

Rapunzel was super cute, and said I had a lovely satchel, and then asked if I had a frying pan in there! When I told her no she said to make sure that I bring it next time, it does really help with those ruffians and thugs!

Aurora of course loved our pink! It looks like for the pictures too, and this was the first time I got to see her new dress in person! She said that we must have been hanging around Flora, and to make sure that if we run into Merryweather to make sure she doesn’t turn us blue!! I have to say, of all the redesigns so far, I like this one the best! All of them are so fantastic, but this dress just fits so much better, it’s slimming and not super bulky on the girls now and it’s just SUCH an improvement, and I really just want one! Bahah

We went up separately for Cinderella as well!

She was cute, not super interactive much, but hey, I also kinda stopped her from her immediate chatting when I got up there. I knew I couldn’t leave without getting a video for Maddie, and this was important, so I didn’t want her to just “picture, thanks, bye” and shuttle me on out, so I made sure to ask about the video right away!

You see, Maddie is a very special and lucky princess and on her vacation she got to visit the BBB, and since I knew she had gotten very excited over the other princess videos I had gotten in February, I knew she’d love it if her invitation to the BBB came straight from Cinderella herself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3bCF5AtmNs&feature=youtu.be

Yay!!

With our meet and greets and videos done, we headed out of the theater and started to discuss what to do next. There wasn’t much else either of us wanted to do in the park except for the parade, so I said that I was going to take the extra time to run over to the Contemporary now, and if Amanda wanted to come, she could join me on an adventure, and she ended up coming along!

We exited Magic Kingdom and took the little walking path over to the Contemporary and walked along the bus stop before going inside. Naturally, I had no idea where to go after that, so we kinda looked around aimlessly before a guy in a suite asked if we needed help. He was super friendly and nice enough to point us in the direction of the business center!

Now, when I had been looking at the brochure earlier, it looked like I would have to pay a rate for AN HOUR of internet, whether I needed it or not, and THEN pay for each of my printing things. Ugh. But hey, soemtiems things need to get done! Well, we get to the business center, and turns out I only had to pay 1 dollar per page I needed to print, HECK YES! I wasn’t too happy with the fact that my headshot was on regular paper, and kinda pixilated, but hey, I made it work, right!? I thanked the cast members in there and we were on our way. There were some weird looking people hanging around the Contemporary that day…

Bahaha, I seriously have no idea what they were doing over there, but whatever, it was neat!

Overall, everytime I’ve been in the Contemporary, I’ve always said that it’s “neat” but that’s about it. There is no pull whatsoever to stay there! I would only stay because “it’s super close to MK” when I have kids kinda thing, but then, I’d rather stay at the Poly. I DO like the idea of a theme park view from Bay Lake Tower though…you can trust that if I ever do end up renting DVC points, I’ll spend a night or two there. Especially like, over Christmas, that’d be a great way to watch the fire works without the crowds!

Amanda and I chatted along our way back over to the Magic Kingdom, discussing the audition coming up and so much. We didn’t know if because it was for Hong Kong, there would be LESS people, especially because you had to be 18 for these [16 for most WDW look a like ones]. Or would there be more people who thought like us “oh hey, there’s auditions for two parks on back to back days, may as well do both?” Would there be cast members of WDW there? Would the layout of the audition be the same? We really had no idea what we were walking into, where as WDW audition we both know the dance number we’d be taught and we were not liking it so far!

Once back inside MK I made a pit stop for a ATM to make sure I had taxi faire for later, and we grabbed a spot in the shade of the train station to wait for the parade!!

Where had I left off?! Oh yes…we had grabbed a spot in the shade! First I had sat down on the curb in the sun, but thanks to being the pasty girls we are, Amanda moved into the shade and I joined her soon! Once we noticed the space start to fill up, we moved right back to where we were! We had double checked earlier where the parade would begin, and it was on the Main Street end, thank goodness!

When it was time to start Celebrating, I noticed both Woody and Goofy go right into the “audience” and actually sat down to hang out beside some kids! Too Cute!

Since they’re full of shenanigans, while I was taking pictures, one of the tweedles came right up and stood in front of me, being all funny and stuff!

I also remembered to grab a picture of the mini partner’s statue on the Pinnochio float!

I’m not sure when, but somewhere in our MK adventures, I had seen in one of the glass stores, a little miniature statue of the Partner’s, and freaked out. I also couldn’t find a price tag on it, and commented to Amanda that I would buy the heck out of that! Even if it was plastic and over priced, I’d want that stuff so bad!!

It was clear that my love Wendy was out today! Cannot wait for Halloween!! Eeek!

Amanda commented that Peter definitely looked like he was twelve today!

So pretty!!

Ariel’s just the cutest!!

Now, as we all know, the very last moment of the parade really is the moment of truth for me…is Naveen out today? Well, if he’s in the parade, chances are, he will be, and GET OUT OF TOWN!! Hanging out with Naveen was the person I had hoped!! Yay!!

We happened to be standing in a pretty empty spot by the end, and well, we were both matching, blondes wearing pink, heck yes. Well, Naveen spotted us waving up at him and Tiana and was super excited! He waved back to us, shouting something, and then gestured towards his nose! Bahaha! Good times. We attempted to shout/motion back to him that we had to RUN, but we WOULD BE BACK!!

And then we proceeded to do exactly that!

Amanda and I said a quick “see ya soon!” and booked it out to the bus stops, watching the parade was REALLY pushing our time to get to the audition on time, but hey, it was worth it!!

Awesome parade pics! I haven't even seen that parade yet, I'm usually napping or in the pool that time of day :rotfl:

I'm glad you were able to print out what you needed at the Contemporary, I would have been so stressed about it!

Wow, that is some ingenuity creating a resume while in a character queue. That is so impressive. Do you get by on wi-fi or do you ever use the cell network?

Stormtroopers at the Contemporary??? OK, THAT is cool.

Ahh great capture of the partners statue!

Awesome parade pics! I haven't even seen that parade yet, I'm usually napping or in the pool that time of day :rotfl:

I'm glad you were able to print out what you needed at the Contemporary, I would have been so stressed about it!

Thanks!! If you haven't seen it I hope you're going back before Jan! It's closing!! Though the new parade looks/sounds amazing!!

It was kinda stressful but I'm glad it all worked out in the end!

Great pics! :)

Thank you!

Wow, that is some ingenuity creating a resume while in a character queue. That is so impressive. Do you get by on wi-fi or do you ever use the cell network?

Stormtroopers at the Contemporary??? OK, THAT is cool.

Ahh great capture of the partners statue!

Oh my god WiFi only, my phone's on airplane mode the entire time I'm down there!!

Thanks!!

I managed to get out to the All Star stop pretty quick, and even on a bus at 3:30! Heck yes! I made it back to Music at 3:55, and had to make a pit stop, I knew that by the time I got back from MK later that night, the gift shop would be closed, and I was leaving super early the next morning, so I had to pick up my packages!!

I raced my way back to my “close to transportation” room at the complete opposite end of the resort, and quickly washed my face, re did my make up, fixed my hair, and changed into my audition outfit! Threw my jazz shoes and shorts for later into my bag and ran back to the front of the resort.

This time I wasn’t so fortunate with a good cab driver….he didn’t know where to go and was all “ugh, I want to go home, you pay ten dollars for this, okay” My thoughts? “Cool story bro, I DON’T CARE! DRIIIIIVVEEEE….please…” I managed to leave AsMu at 4:15. Thankfully, the man drove, I paid the already set fare (like, he had turned off the meter…) and hurried inside to meet Amanda.

We waited a bit, and right on time they opened the doors to sign us in. Well, here came the first shock, we walked in, and there was no line set up, and no height measuring tool…or person..uhm…WHAT?! AH! WHAT IS TODAY?!

Seriously, freaking out! The line still stayed in order as we handed over our resumes and headshots, wrote our name down and took a number and proceeded to wait a bit. While we were waiting we took the time to chat, hang around, and just observe/stress while trying not to freak out!

We noticed that there were A LOT of girls there without headshots/resumes, who were being told to fill out a “resume” type thing, and put their experience on the sheet. There were also bunch of girls there who already worked for the mouse entertainment down in Florida! There were some who were face, and some who were character performers but most of them were super friendly!

One girl had a bunch of stories about her character performing days, she was super short, so she hangs out with Mickey, Mike Wazowski and the type! She was pretty entertaining! We overheard that a group beside of I think four girls, were all friends with Rapunzel, and it was bizarre to see them all together. Like, as a person, you see a Disney character, and you think “hmm..they’ve got the same features as ____ person I know” but really, there is SO MUCH that make up, contacts, and wigs can do that you could have no idea!! I know a few friends of characters and sometimes it’s hard to recognize them! Disney casting can really see things that the human eye can’t really see, that’s for sure! Bahaha!!

There were also a few girls that we had recognized from the day before! Including one that I had really thought had the “princess look” who had got cut when we did, I had been rooting for her! Lol! I mean, you obviously root for yourself and your friends first, but then there’s always the randoms you’re like “you should get this” kinda thing…like…watching a reality TV show competition!

Once we were all signed in, and you’re right, they didn’t take our heights at all this time, they started explaining things to us, the general Disney spiel, and then the choreographer came out! She explained that we would be doing a two part ish dance number, the start of it being all cute and Alice/Wendy like, while the second half was more regal, princess like! It was a bit faster, a lot more to remember, and a bit harder than the usual one we were used to. It was definitely interesting to see how the girls who were already face characters were doing with it!

She had us do the number quite a few times, shuffle the back to the front, etc, then broke us into groups of 5 and come out into the middle of the floor to perform! It was a bit more nervous this time too since Amanda and I ended up being split up! Eck! They watched us dance, and then had us come together into one line and stand there and smile while the casting director looked at us.

We waited for everyone in the room to dance and then the casting director spoke to us a bit before the cut. She explained that overseas, the movement portion of the role is more important, as there are less cast members, you’ll be doing more dancing, and the role requires a higher skill level. “Don’t feel bad, go take a jazz class and come back to try again” kind of thing. This gave Amanda and I a little glimmer of hope, I mean, we were both trained dancers, right?! Well, I guess the dancing wasn’t really a HUGE thing, they kept a mere 6 of 160 girls. Neither of which were us! They did however keep the girl I had been rooting for the day before! YAY! I also noticed one of the girls who hangs out with Rapunzel got called, and the girls were on the taller side this time.

Well…today was not our day either. Honestly, that’s okay. Both of us knew we would probably end up coming back for the parade audition, and that’s what we’d like to do more. Hong Kong certainly would be an epic adventure, any of the overseas parks really would be. I know Paris cast’s taller too, so there’s hope if they ever have auditions State side and need Tink’s, right?! As for now, I’ve currently missed the Toyko auditions, but Shanghai is set to open in 2015, and I’m sure the HKDL auditions will come back, so there is always a “try again” waiting for me. I know the right audition is out there, and one day it will happen!

Audition over with, they ushered us out of the room so they could film the 6 they kept, we called a cab, and off to the Magic Kingdom we went!!

Amanda and I got our cab driver to drop us off at the Contemporary walk way, said thank you, and made our way along the path over to the Magic Kingdom! We may have once again been cut, but we at least had a pretty awesome after party to attend, right? Anything in Disney is covered in magic and pixie dust!! We were both getting on the hungry side, and figured we may as well eat heavily now that the auditions were done, so we stopped at Caseys to pick up some hot dog goodies and made our way over towards Liberty Square, we had an old friend to meet up with!

Of course! Lol. Now, a word of advice, if you’re in line to see these guys, make sure to pay attention to Naveen while he’s taking pictures, he was constantly dancing along and like, head bobbing to the music playing! It was making us laugh, that’s for sure, maybe we’re just easily amused? Baha!

Naveen started off with a “long time no see” joke, as we had seen a friend of his yesterday, and earlier in the parade! We chatted for a bit about the last time I had been there, when my next trip was, and why we had run off so quickly after the parade earlier, and about auditions. Amanda and I explained we had met off the internet, and were super glad that it had worked out and we made a pretty good park touring team! Naveen asked when I would be back next, and I told him Sept with Mom and a friend, and he said “I’ll be here!” Haha.

It was another awesome meet and greet all around, as per usual! While we had been waiting, we definitely noticed that their attendant looked a LOT like she could have been friends with a certain Arabian Princess, but we were too chicken to ask her! (From what I’ve heard, character’s friends can also pick up shifts as attendants, so who knows?!) If she wasn’t, well, she definitely should have been, she was perfect!

Between the two of us, we had at least one more meet and greet we had wanted to get done before leaving the park, so we headed over to Pixie Hollow next!! Rosetta was greeting with Tink today!

She noticed that we were both wearing shades of pink/red, and asked if we were garden talents like her? We both declined, Amanda saying she was more of a tinker, and me of course being a frost fairy! Rosetta said we’d have to talk to Tink more about the Tinkering!

The only thing I have written down from Tink is “buns are the new thing you know?!” So clearly she commented on my bun at some point, I remember liking her enough, but not thinking she was fantastic. Who knows?!

We said good bye to our fairy friends, and made our way back over to New Fantasyland to browse through some of the shops there! I do remember that Amanda was looking for an Ariel cup for her friend? Or a Belle cup for her? I’m not totally sure, but I do know we ended up in Storybook Circus where I found this adorable little Dumbo!

And also ended up getting one of these little puppies!

YUM! What is that? You may ask? Well, it is a Red Velvet Mickey Head Cake Pop! And BOY OH BOY!! I found my new favorite treat! It was rich, but not super rich, and kinda had like, a thicker texture to it, like a brownie, not like a soft cake. It was the greatest thing I’d had all day! I cannot rave about it enough, I definitely had a sugar high from it, and may have been a little food drunk. Luckily, I didn’t scare Amanda off bahaha!

So, moral of the story, try the red velvet cake pops from Storybook Circus’s treat shop!

Food drunk and sugar high as ever, I was done with my snack, and Amanda and I were headed back towards the hub! Celebrate the Magic was about half way through already, so we half watched it from the bridge into Tomorrowland, not wanting to really fight through the masses in the dark! Once it had ended we did head more into the center area to grab a spot for our Wishes to come true!!

Sigh…just look at all that magic! Isn’t it beautiful? I know I’ve already told you all of my love for Wishes, how it really is all about dreams coming true and wishing on stars. I guess after this audition it really was all “you can wish on stars as much as you want, but you’ve got to work for this stuff too” Like, I can sit here and wish and dream and hope of becoming a face character for every day of my life, but that’s not going to get me the job! The passion and determination of actually WORKING for it, is going to help, HKDL said “go take some more dance classes, come back next year” so I know that maybe I should do that. Hey, at least we got a “something to work on” kinda thing this time around?

Amanda and I did actually discuss the whole thing, and said that we really wished that they had a bit more time, so that they could tell you simply, if you “had the face for Disney” or not. Like, if I don’t have the face to be a look a like, I’d like to know that! If I have the face for a look alike, but not one that’s currently being looked for, that’d be cool to know too! I mean, if that was the case, then I wouldn’t waste my time/money to come down to all these look a like auditions, and would focus more on dance and parade auditions instead kidna thing, make sense?
Anyhow, Wishes was amazing and spectacular and I may have teared up a little bit, and then we moved on! We were still looking for that mug for Amanda, and since the fireworks were over, the back area of Fantasyland was open again, so we swung through Sir Mickeys, and then since we had more time, we figured we should go visit our favorite mermaid!

We managed to walk right in, even with a 10 min wait posted, oh how I love late nights at the parks! She asked if we were mermaids, and we told her we were, but had legs right now! Ariel said that that was great, and we’d have to come back with our fins to play with Flounder! Yay!

Since we were already in the region of New Fantasyland and I was headed home BRIGHT and early the next day, I stopped in Gaston’s for a brew while Amanda checked out Bonjour Gifts!

Man I just love that place so much! The entirety of New Fantasyland is so amazing and beautiful and so well done that it will forever blow me away, and I cannot wait to be there again! And to drink the BREW! UGH! I love that stuff so much, and it really can’t be recreated, I’ve tried! Bahah.

We wandered for a little bit longer around the Magic Kingdom, and then took a quick ride through the skies of Tomorrow with the Peoplemover and then headed through the Main Street shops! This may have been when I saw that mini partners statue and freaked out over it!

Eventually, it was time to leave, SAD FACE!! We had come to the end of the evening, the park was closed, our adventure was over for now, and it was time to say good bye. We chatted a bit, and in short, said that it was awesome to have met each other, and have an audition buddy through the last few days, it’s always nice to go into those things knowing someone, am I right?? We also had just clicked so well, even in park touring, and had such a blast in MK that day, even without getting the job. Since the parade auditions were on the horizon, and neither of us knew if we could go yet or not, we also talked about that, saying that it was good to know that we got along, and that neither of us was a huge creeper, so that maybe if we decided to go to the auditions in June that we’d have a hotel buddy, and then prices would be even cheaper, HECK YES!

After officially saying goodbye and that we’d keep in touch, we headed back to our respective bus lines, and I managed to get back to the hotel at nearly midnight! After quickly throwing the last few things into my suitcase, I threw myself into bed, it would be an early morning and early flight, and then shift at work the next day!

Sometime over the next few days I was on the bus and took a picture of my new shoes!

Yay! Love those things! I’ve gotten so into wearing Toms and such recently! They’re just perfect!!

Well, that wraps up part 1. The next post will be a “planning stages” kinda post, and I do apologize that the next part of the TR has WAY less pictures, as it was a superbly short trip! Bahah!

Well, a trip with a bunch more magical moments and tons of new friends. Hopefully my luck will be better next time!

Along the way back to the airport, we know the bus stops on one side and then the other, well, a family had gotten off at the first stop, and GRABBED THE WRONG LUGGAGE!! Seriously, this is why you PERSONALIZE that stuff. I don’t know WHEN they realized that they had someone else’s, but could you imagine being the other family who had to trek home with no luggage??

Sad. There were also a ton of crying babies and even yippie DOGS on the airplane on the way home, made for a long trip back! To top it all off, there was not a great customs experience either…surprise…

I went up to the station, passed my sheet and passport to the agent, and she asked where I had been, how long, for what, etc, the usual. I explained I had been down in Florida at Disney for a few days. She asked if I met up with people down there, I said yes, and then she asked if they were American or Canadian, well, I replied with American, and tried to say I was there for an audition, but she simply scribbled something on my sheet and sent me around the corner.

I picked up my luggage and proceeded to the next agent, where he looked at my sheet, and asked a few questions, and I lost it, it had been a long day, not a great trip back, and I have anxiety issues, and I was mad, like, seriously, you’re pulling me aside to search through my baggage, AGAIN? I have a job to get to, thanks. So, I started to tear up, and couldn’t control it, the guy took my sheet, asked why I was down there, I explained that it was for a Disney audition, and when I had to explain that I attended not one, but two, and got cut from both, you can imagine that I wasn’t doing too great on the crying front. Thankfully, he was more forgiving than the girl and just let me go.

Tears…they get you places faster….

And yes, I do understand that the customs agents are just trying to do their job, and just trying to keep the world safe and junk, but she seemed fine to let me go until I had said that my friends I met with were American, like, THAT was the problem…

SERIOUSLY?!

I’ve come used to the fact that I will get pulled over in customs when traveling solo, and they usually just let me go through if I say it was for an audition, and honestly, I only ever have problems when the one who makes the decision to pull me aside or not is female…

There will come a day when it is okay for a person to go to Florida/Disney alone, until that day, customs will continue to pull us aside

So glad you were able to get a copy of your head shot & resume! Boo though that you got cut again! Although if you went to Hong Cong, I don't think I could have come and cheered you from the sidelines. That's a bit too far of a trip for me!

Too funny that Naveen recognized you again! That made me :lmao:

Ah Wishes!! I will be seeing that beautiful sight in 39 days! :banana:

I'm going to have to keep an eye out for that Partners Statue you were talking about. I would love to have that for my desk at work!

Yuck on customs being a PITA! One time while traveling between PA & GA, I had a cast on (broken ankle) and I got pulled aside and searched twice! What did they think, I had a bomb hidden in my cast? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!