9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

Which one do you want? We snatched 2 excursions (Ponta Delgado and st John's) and Palo brunch, all of which wasn't available on our booking day. Originally I wanted brunch on an other day, but I noticed, our current one is exactly 7 months before our wedding, so we'll stick with that as a count down celebration now :)

I've wanted Highlights of Ribeira Grande since before we booked the cruise last summer :(

How exciting to be looking forward to your wedding!! :goodvibes

The booklet arrived today, and our first one labeled Platinum! Interestingly, there is a customs declaration form included this time with our luggage tags.

I still haven't gotten my booklet, and I wonder if I totally screwed up my group brunch at Palo by snagging one that showed up last night. Oh well- at least one way or another I will have brunch at Palo, that's the important thing. :) So excited that it is getting so close now!

We got our booklet today too, with a canadian customs form! I thought that it was a mistake and called DCL wanting to know what the deal was. I was placed on hold for 15 minutes while the CM talked to a supervisor and the supervisor checked with someone, etc. Apparently we need it as Canada is requiring it for when we dock at St. John (duh). Go figure! But at least our booklet came!!!

Somebody on the site that shall not be named called congiere and they stated there wouldn't be a Frozen night

That was before the email came around though and they don't confirm anything until closer to the time (everything changes on a Monday). They did say they were going to phone and ask again though not sure if they did. The email though clearly states pirate party and frozen deck party so I doubt its a mistake from DCL side. They didn't need to put that in the planning email (specific for the cruise) if it wasn't going to be on. On the 2015 one conceirge were telling people it wasn't happening and then when we got onboard we found it was so I wouldn't take that as read. They often get things wrong.

Our booklets arrived today, too! :)

WOHOW!

We got our booklet today too, with a canadian customs form! I thought that it was a mistake and called DCL wanting to know what the deal was. I was placed on hold for 15 minutes while the CM talked to a supervisor and the supervisor checked with someone, etc. Apparently we need it as Canada is requiring it for when we dock at St. John (duh). Go figure! But at least our booklet came!!!

Oh right OK. Will keep an eye out for that then.

No book here but I have a TA so I assume it will be quite late in the process as usually goes to TA then me. I'm hoping towards the end of next week it might appear (before I go to my sisters for dog sitting duty).

We've never had to fill out a Canadian customs form when we've gone into British Colombia from Washington before. Is this a new thing? Not sure why cruise ship passengers fill it out when you're only entering the country for a few hours for port excursions. Anybody with insight who could shed some iight on this topic for me (I feel so dumb about this and Disney wasn't a lot of help when I called)?

We got our docs too.

Question for those on the postcard exchange. We both work in Philadelphia. Would you prefer historical/sightseeing pics only, or should I include a pic of the Rocky or Love statues?

Kathy

No, she confirmed it again this week, after the email

Ah must have missed it but I still hold by I think the DCL email is more accurate than Conceirge. Logically if they don't do it after that email people are likely to kick off. Its not like they don't have the stuff onboard to do it as they did it on the British cruise in July so I'm still saying its likely. Hopefully she will get a fuller update the week out as I believe they get new information every Monday.

We got our docs too.

Question for those on the postcard exchange. We both work in Philadelphia. Would you prefer historical/sightseeing pics only, or should I include a pic of the Rocky or Love statues?

Kathy

I have no preference! Love seeing both sides so don't mind.

Finally got my booklet yesterday! Woo hoo!!!

Nothing here! I'm hoping it arrives next week as need it by the end of the month otherwise I'm going to be without. I know its not really needed but the Canadian customs form I've seen mentioned concerns me.

Nothing here! I'm hoping it arrives next week as need it by the end of the month otherwise I'm going to be without. I know its not really needed but the Canadian customs form I've seen mentioned concerns me.
I'm sure they will have plenty of them at check in and on board, and there was no researchy* information needed on it. I wouldn't be concerned about that part.

* - I hate those customs forms you get in airplanes that ask for the phone number of the place you will be staying, or the address of your third cousin twice removed. The most difficult bits of information on this form are your home address and the name of the ship you're sailing on.

* - I hate those customs forms you get in airplanes that ask for the phone number of the place you will be staying, or the address of your third cousin twice removed. The most difficult bits of information on this form are your home address and the name of the ship you're sailing on.

I had one recently that asked me how much money I expected to spend in the country... how the heck do I know?!? And is that meant to include prepaid expenses?!? Same form also asked for a Contact Person. I left both blank and fortunately no one questioned me on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter