9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

And I've done many a hem with tape for a quick fix for a brief period ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice everyone! The hoops are coming!! They are the type that you can "collapse" and fold. I just need to get a better plastic bag to keep the hoops and crinoline "controlled" a little better :P I kicked myself all through MNSSHP for not wearing as it just wasn't the same!! Oy, now to seriously start the packing!!! I can't believe we're to that phase already...yikes!

Thanks for the advice everyone! The hoops are coming!! They are the type that you can "collapse" and fold. I just need to get a better plastic bag to keep the hoops and crinoline "controlled" a little better :P I kicked myself all through MNSSHP for not wearing as it just wasn't the same!! Oy, now to seriously start the packing!!! I can't believe we're to that phase already...yikes!

Good -- glad you're doing what will make you happiest. If you can fit it -- take it ;)

Our one month window would have been 8/11. That last month is the most exciting because most everything is done and you can just pack and be excited to start the trip!

Or double-faced hem tape might work, too. I don't sew (except buttons), but I think this exists.

I can sew (simple stuff) but hate to actually sew on my skirts:worried: I think the hoops are just going to have to make another DCL appearance! What's terrible is that I can almost take up an entire elevator with that skirt and oh, how the eyes roll :rotfl2: I like to think it's just dress envy :D

My brother's cruise packet came today! Our mail hasn't come yet. :(

ETA: Ours came, too!

Last edited:
Love the hoops, but I wouldn't fret if it's too much trouble to pack! Heck, at least you have a costume.... which is more than I can say :rolleyes:

My suitcase is packed bar a pool bag and the shoes that are on my feet being walked in! I leave for my sisters in two weeks (dog sitting for the week and a bit before the cruise) then home on the 10th and flying on the 15th so decided it was best to be packed up early! My plan is for the suitcase to be set and ready to go this weekend.

My brother's cruise packet came today! Our mail hasn't come yet. :(

ETA: Ours came, too!

My TA is on holiday for a few days this week (I know who knew TA's went on holiday lol) so I think mine is going to be delayed a little but hoping it will come before I go to my sisters.

Love the hoops, but I wouldn't fret if it's too much trouble to pack! Heck, at least you have a costume.... which is more than I can say :rolleyes:

I have a make shift costume (cropped jeans and a top everyone always says is Pirate like) but have splashed out on the Empress package in Bibbidi bobbidi boo so at least I will look a bit pirateish

My TA is on holiday for a few days this week (I know who knew TA's went on holiday lol) so I think mine is going to be delayed a little but hoping it will come before I go to my sisters.

I think I'd be saying that I'll be "out of the office, doing research"!

~Jenny

So page one is pretty much done -- postcard exchange participants confirmed.

Is there anything else anyone needs added or changed?

@RedSox68, thanks for keeping this thread going so well. I was looking forward to meeting you on board. Maybe on another cruise.

Thanks so much. Hope to meet you, too, on another voyage. Hope you all have a wonderful time and safe travels :grouphug:

[I am going to miss doing this thread!]

Yes, double thanks for all the work you've done for this board! It'll seem strange not to check it once the cruise is done :sad:

Just found out when I booked ground transfers to JFK from NYC port that it costs $90 for 2 people!! :eek: I was expecting it to cost what it typically costs to go from MCO/WDW to PC. Did DCL transportation raise their rates or is this special just for this port??

Just found out when I booked ground transfers to JFK from NYC port that it costs $90 for 2 people!! :eek: I was expecting it to cost what it typically costs to go from MCO/WDW to PC. Did DCL transportation raise their rates or is this special just for this port??

Wow! I hope that's round trip, because that's twice what you would pay grabbing a taxi.

Nope! That's one way!! So now my question is...can I go back and cancel that? I think I booked it out of moment of stressing about hearing how long the taxi lines are. I just want to be sure we make our flight (in leaves JFK at 11:55am...we're on Alaska and I have no idea which terminal Alaska flies out of and I'm just going to anticipate that security lines are going to be way long. I'm kicking myself for never having set up our interviews to get out Nexus passes that would've given us TSA pre-check. They sent us an email and I just totally spaced on setting up the interview with homeland security!! OY!! Dumb!!

Nope! That's one way!! So now my question is...can I go back and cancel that? I think I booked it out of moment of stressing about hearing how long the taxi lines are. I just want to be sure we make our flight (in leaves JFK at 11:55am...we're on Alaska and I have no idea which terminal Alaska flies out of and I'm just going to anticipate that security lines are going to be way long. I'm kicking myself for never having set up our interviews to get out Nexus passes that would've given us TSA pre-check. They sent us an email and I just totally spaced on setting up the interview with homeland security!! OY!! Dumb!!

Considering you have a rather tight transfer, it wasn't necessarily dumb at all. There is something to be said for peace of mind and not having to wonder about the taxi situation. Does Disney tell you that they will definitely have you on your transfer by, say, 8:30am?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter