9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

Oy! I think I'm going to have to break out the waterproof jacket and fleece insert! We booked the sea kayaking excursion in St. John and if the weather is really that cool, I will definitely freeze by flat buns off that day!!

So speaking of taking a bunch of luggage, do we know yet how many formal/semi-formal nights we can expect? I feel like I will be packing for 4-seasons this trip :P

Last time I brought "formal" wear, I just packed a long black skirt, two different blouses and some scarves to make two outfits into four ;)

Hi Everyone,

We are going to be on this cruise as well! There are 6 of us in total and we are beyond excited. The countdown has started a month ago in my house. :)

I was triple checking my excursions and activities and noticed there is a "SHIP ACTIVITY" booked for Lisbon, but when I click on it there is no information about. I know it is not Pirate Night, as it it scheduled for the sea day right after Ponta Delgada.

I'm sorry if this was discussed before (I went back 4 pages of discussion and couldn't find anything), but does anyone knows what that Activity is? Can anyone else see it, or should I try to clear my cache/cookies once again?

Thanks,

Dani

Welcome, Dani! I believe speculation is that it will be Frozen night, but haven't seen any "official" word yet.

Thanks, Jam113! I'm glad I didn't book any late excursions for that day. Even though my boys wouldn't be much interested in Frozen, I can't miss it! lol

Welcome Dani! If it is Frozen night, your boys might enjoy it. We had one on our Baltics cruise in 2015, and even my husband liked it (never saw the movie). It was a welcome change from Pirate night.

I tried to open the activity as well, but nothing came up.

I was having that happen a lot and was told that if you don't check in on the site, then notices of new postings stop being sent to you. Dumb feature, but that's what it is :confused3

I check in every day mind and look at the Cruise forum just not the meets lol

So speaking of taking a bunch of luggage, do we know yet how many formal/semi-formal nights we can expect? I feel like I will be packing for 4-seasons this trip :P

Someone in conceirge asked and its one formal 1 semi formal.

I was triple checking my excursions and activities and noticed there is a "SHIP ACTIVITY" booked for Lisbon, but when I click on it there is no information about. I know it is not Pirate Night, as it it scheduled for the sea day right after Ponta Delgada.

'Hi Dani. Fairly sure its frozen as this has been mentioned as happening in an email but wasn't showing online. I spotted it appear some time this week so I think its going to be that (originally we weren't having a Frozen night then the email came around)!

Hi Everyone,

We are going to be on this cruise as well! There are 6 of us in total and we are beyond excited. The countdown has started a month ago in my house. :)

I'm sorry if this was discussed before (I went back 4 pages of discussion and couldn't find anything), but does anyone knows what that Activity is? Can anyone else see it, or should I try to clear my cache/cookies once again?

Thanks,

Dani

:welcome: If you want to be added to the stateroom list on page one -- I would need your stateroom number and how many adults and children.

Also, today is the deadline for signing up for the postcard exchange. So let me know if you want to participate in that, too.

Totally looking for my little booklet too. Counting down the days, still deciding what I might want to pack. Will take along a little light sweater. Will see how much I can fit in the suitcases, along with my FE stuff. Thinking I would like to get a little dressier for dinner, but don't want to pack 2 outfits for every day. Guess I will just see what I can manage to fit. Probably should start packing away some stuff and making myself lists. I must say I am so super ready to go. Will look forward to a vacation with just hubby and myself.

I have definitely overpacked but I think my plan is to start cutting it down over the next week to see where I get to.

HELP! I ve a packing dilemma! We plan on bringing our pirate costumes but my dilemma is how much of our costumes to bring! My costume is typically worn worn with a hoop skirt underneath. I wore my costume to MNSSHP after our cruise last year but decided to leave the hoops back at the hotel (thinking that the hoops would be hard to get into rides, except we didn't ride anything...spent all our time getting pictures)! The costume was okay but it definitely wasn't what it normally is and the skirt was way longer, dragging on the ground. Here are pics of the dress (both with hoops and without). Should I pack the hoop skirts or leave them at home? We do plan on bringing 2 large suitcases plus a rolling carry-on!

Pirates.jpg MK_MSCINEMA_20161101_7847162119.jpeg

Some hoops can be twisted/folded flat like pop up laundry hampers. That would make them very easy to bring.

Edited: easy might be an overstatement. It makes it more feasible lol

The hoops definitely make the skirt, but if it's too much to pack, it will likely be easier to be on the cruise ship than in the parks with the longer skirt.

~Jenny

I'd say if you have the room bring it. If you don't then don't worry as it still looks nice without.

I agree with the others--if you can find a way to pack the hoop, bring it. If not, what about crinoline to make it a bit puffier? You might be able to roll and squish it in your luggage. If not, rest assured the outfit looks great either way.

The hoops make the outfit look awesome -- but the picture without the hoops is also good and you look great in both. If you don't want to fret with trying to fit the hoops, you'll only be wearing the costume one night and it won't be dragging on the ground as much as on carpeted areas ;)

However, if you want the hoops for pictures onboard, then I'd make a go of trying to bring them. Do they fold pretty flat?

From experience, I know that wearing insufficient crinolines/petticoats/hoops can take a hemline from perfect to "trip over it every three seconds." If you don't want the trouble of bringing the hoops, I can recommend a couple options. First, I'm not sure how comfortable you are with a needle or sewing machine, but, as a costumer, I'd just take up the hemline a few inches with a really long stitch length on the machine or a quick baste. As long as the stitch length is long and you don't iron in the crease, you can open the seam again easily for when you want to wear it with the hoops.

If needles/sewing machines are not your thing, you can take 4 or 5 long safety pins and ruche up the hemline at intervals (think the drapey-bits on Belle's animated ball gown).

Third choice is to look me up on the cruise, and I'll help. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter