9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

Should we start the "booklet lookout"? I noticed someone posted in another thread that they have already received their booklet and luggage tags for their Sept. 9 cruise...that's 1 week before we leave! :bounce:

I am definitely on booklet lookout!

I wanted to give people a heads up about transfers from a Barcelona hotel to the port. Barcelona Day Tours no longer provides this service, even though their website states otherwise. I received this response today when I asked them about it:

upload_2017-8-1_10-20-40.png

I wanted to give people a heads up about transfers from a Barcelona hotel to the port. Barcelona Day Tours no longer provides this service, even though their website states otherwise. I received this response today when I asked them about it:

View attachment 258117

Wow, we had transfers booked through them from the airport to the hotel, and the hotel to the port. I wonder if they would have honored that since we were booked a year out?

View attachment 258117
Thank you, Chirple, for the heads up! I keep putting off booking the transfers for Barcelona and New York but I think the time has come. While planning our stay in Barcelona, I came across this website which was of great interest to my DH who is a foodie. The website gives guided food tours in various cities around the world. Here is the web address:
https://www.secretfoodtours.com/

Wow, we had transfers booked through them from the airport to the hotel, and the hotel to the port. I wonder if they would have honored that since we were booked a year out?

I am assuming that they would have arranged it through the other service for you. I want to look around because I think the price he quoted was a bit expensive. I also want to contact the hotel to see if they can arrange for a taxi (like we had in Copenhagen).

I am assuming that they would have arranged it through the other service for you. I want to look around because I think the price he quoted was a bit expensive. I also want to contact the hotel to see if they can arrange for a taxi (like we had in Copenhagen).

I don't see why the hotel can't arrange transportation for you. We couldn't use Disney because we didn't book one of their hotels (which were outrageously priced).

I'm just planning to take a taxi to the port. I plan to ask my hotel at check in.

In 2015, we just asked the front desk at our hotel about transportation. They advised they could call a cab for us and just to stop down or call down about 20 minutes before we were ready to be picked up. Wish I could remember the charge. I know it was reasonable, and it couldn't have been easier.

In 2015, we just asked the front desk at our hotel about transportation. They advised they could call a cab for us and just to stop down or call down about 20 minutes before we were ready to be picked up. Wish I could remember the charge. I know it was reasonable, and it couldn't have been easier.

This was my original plan. I think we are going to attempt the train from the airport to the hotel instead of a taxi but do want a taxi to the port. Our luggage should be very manageable.

Thank you, Chirple, for the heads up! I keep putting off booking the transfers for Barcelona and New York but I think the time has come. While planning our stay in Barcelona, I came across this website which was of great interest to my DH who is a foodie. The website gives guided food tours in various cities around the world. Here is the web address:
https://www.secretfoodtours.com/
We are doing the secret food tour in Barcelona on the Friday before the cruise, as well as in Paris while we are there before heading to Barcelona. We are really looking forward to it!

We're crazy Dutch people, we're going to try to walk ;) But we've found that it really depends on which quay the Magic docks, if it's one of the further ones we'll take the shuttle bus, that's 2 euro pp
I was wondering about this too. I could map out the metro from my hotel to its closest stop to the port but then it said it would be about two more miles, I can remember exactly, from there to the ship? Since it will be just myself and my two ten year olds I wasn't sure it walking with luggage was doable.

Yes there is a shuttle from the roundabout although not sure if it takes luggage but it must do. To be honest, with luggage, I'd be inclined to get a taxi. Barcelona metro with luggage can be awkward - although its a weekend so it shouldn't be too bad.

I've got a transfer included with my hotel as booked an airport hotel. Also got my hotel in New York to arrange a transfer for that end too and to the airport after stay as wanted to feel set.

We're crazy Dutch people, we're going to try to walk ;) But we've found that it really depends on which quay the Magic docks, if it's one of the further ones we'll take the shuttle bus, that's 2 euro pp

If I remember it right (hey, it's been 10 years!) -- the ride to the port went through downtown and over a bridge, and on the other side of the bridge there was a busier road and we turned and then went a ways down to the entrance to the port. From the hotel we had, it would not have been walkable -- especially with luggage. Maybe a hotel closer to the port might be doable.
We have a new postcard exchange participant on page one -- smoof :welcome:! All your info has also been added to the stateroom info.

QUESTION -- to the participants: Since you all have to start buying the postcards and getting ready, is there a cut off date for anyone else joining the exchange?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter