9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

That would be nice, but a lot of work for you. What are our other, reasonable options? I suppose minimum spec would be that folks who have confirmed give postcards to the others who have confirmed. If people want to give to folks who signed up but did not confirm, that could be entirely optional?

Just talking through ideas. :)

I wouldn't want to do confirmations for the whole stateroom list, but since so many have been kind enough to confirm their interest in the postcard exchange, there seem to be only six that have not. I'll be glad to send them private messages to confirm so the list will be up-to-date. Unfortunately, if there are ones who are interested but didn't tell me, they won't be on the list if they don't let me know!

[fun weekend ahead -- I'm getting my 72-hour EEG, which requires basically a rubber hat to be worn full of wires to read my brain activity...........and we could NOT have scheduled it for a hotter weekend! :crazy2:]

Francis Carter only has 8 entries and Tuasdad only has 5 -- so I cannot PM them. If they have posted so few times, I wonder if they are still going at all! :confused3

In addition, I am REMOVING the following from the stateroom list as they have only posted once this entire time:

SharynElizabeth
Emmmah

Thanks.

Last edited:
@RedSox68, this is not your burden so don't go through any extra effort. I saw 3 people on the postcard exchange list with no staterooms. My plan is to give to anyone who provided a stateroom number, whether they've been active in this thread or not. I'll probably purchase a surplus "just in case".

Good luck with your tests this weekend. I hope all goes well!

@RedSox68, this is not your burden so don't go through any extra effort. I saw 3 people on the postcard exchange list with no staterooms. My plan is to give to anyone who provided a stateroom number, whether they've been active in this thread or not. I'll probably purchase a surplus "just in case".

Good luck with your tests this weekend. I hope all goes well!

Thanks much.

I managed to send PMs to four of the six. I will update page one as they reply. We are now confirmed for all but 5!

Edited to add: I may remove Frances Carter and Tuasdad since they have not posted any further since they originally signed up months ago.

Last edited:

I wouldn't want to do confirmations for the whole stateroom list, but since so many have been kind enough to confirm their interest in the postcard exchange, there seem to be only six that have not. I'll be glad to send them private messages to confirm so the list will be up-to-date. Unfortunately, if there are ones who are interested but didn't tell me, they won't be on the list if they don't let me know!

Because you're awesome :love:

[fun weekend ahead -- I'm getting my 72-hour EEG, which requires basically a rubber hat to be worn full of wires to read my brain activity...........and we could NOT have scheduled it for a hotter weekend! :crazy2:]

Do you get to stay at home, at least, or do you need to hang out somewhere medical the whole time? Many encouraging hugs, and I hope it means you somehow get a weekend of quiet, restful activities with lots of snacks brought to you in an air-conditioned and peaceful environment. :goodvibes I absolutely forbid it to be unpleasant for you. :P Yeah, yeah, I know it doesn't work that way, but one can hope.

Because you're awesome :love:

Do you get to stay at home, at least, or do you need to hang out somewhere medical the whole time? Many encouraging hugs, and I hope it means you somehow get a weekend of quiet, restful activities with lots of snacks brought to you in an air-conditioned and peaceful environment. :goodvibes I absolutely forbid it to be unpleasant for you. :P Yeah, yeah, I know it doesn't work that way, but one can hope.

Oh geez, you are more than kind! Yes, they come to the house tonight to spend two hours attaching the dang thing, and then come back Monday afternoon to remove it. It requires I wear a satchel that carries the brain wave recording device -- and no showers UGH. I dread the sweaty head for 72 hours :crazy:

I think the most "disturbing" thing about this is that they also put up a camera to watch you to see if they detect events from facial and eye movement. So oh yeah, because I love to be filmed 24/7 with night vision (not in the bathroom TG). And I have been given strict orders by my DH and DD that I am not allowed to do anything this weekend -- so it will be fun to sit around and go through files of old trip stuff and organize -- and be fed :thumbsup2

YAY, we have two out of the four confirmed (I removed the other two who didn't have staterooms listed and no way to contact them).

I am fine giving to only those who confirm. If someone does not have a stateroom, yet or changes her/ his stateroom, I would appreciate a note on the cruise. I will bring a few extra postcards in case someone who has not confirmed provides us with a postcard. I am not recommending that for everyone, but it's what I plan to do.

Thank you so much for doing this and the "hat" does not sound like fun! Bad enough in cool weather but in heat no way! Good luck!

I am fine giving to only those who confirm. If someone does not have a stateroom, yet or changes her/ his stateroom, I would appreciate a note on the cruise. I will bring a few extra postcards in case someone who has not confirmed provides us with a postcard. I am not recommending that for everyone, but it's what I plan to do.

I think this is the way I'm going to do it - bring a few spares just in case. Its so hard if people haven't confirmed or anything as there is no way to know if they are just inactive or not.

Agreed. It's not that I don't want to give a postcard to someone who has not confirmed, it's just that I don't know if they are still going, still in the same room s/he listed, or even still interested in the exchange. But, like I said, I will bring extras just in case.

Francis Carter only has 8 entries and Tuasdad only has 5 -- so I cannot PM them. If they have posted so few times, I wonder if they are still going at all! :confused3

In addition, I am REMOVING the following from the stateroom list as they have only posted once this entire time:

SharynElizabeth
Emmmah

Thanks.
I have been following on and off but not posting...but we are still going:) we are in stateroom 7598 and would still like to participate in the postcard exchange. Thanks!

Thank you @RedSox68 so much for doing all the organizing on the post card exchange (as well as keeping all the front page info up to date)! Having gone through that nasty EEG test before, I wish you luck with it! I lived in Texas at the time I had to do it and it was early summer, so I gotcha about the sweaty head! Hope everything goes well for you :-)

So excited that people are getting cabins assigned! This cruise is really starting to feel real now! What will I do when it is over after 18 months of planning?

We're so bad, we booked a honeymoon to Hawaii in april (3 nights Aulani included) and we actually had to stop planning for that because it made us less excited about the cruise...

We booked the EBPC for 2018 and I decided to stop researching and reading about that because it was starting to become more exciting than the TA (only because we've done this once, and the PC is all new for both of us). I'm really looking forward to this trip, though. It's becoming harder for me to hold off starting the packing!

I need to book something after this one! I think though next year might be a no as the dates aren't great and the itinerary is the same as this years pretty much. Maybe 2019 will be better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!