• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got off the phone with a potential employer. I just submitted for the job yesterday. Not sure if my resume stood out that much, or they just haven't gotten many applicants. Doesn't really matter to me either way.

The conversation was just a screening type interview but she's going to forward my information to the hiring manager and try to schedule a phone interview for tomorrow.

Prayers to whomever you pray to, all the pixie dust you can spare, and crossing all your crossables would be appreciated.

So what about the kids in the Quest?

I'm not entirely sure DCL knew what it was getting into when it decided on the new age groups.

The email that I sent to DCL was linked only to my reservation that had my DDs9 on it, so I guess they didn't think that I needed to know about the kids in the Quest. They will be having a seperate talent show.

Diane!

How DARE you question my mental state!​

< chuckles >

VOY195.gif

So if I'm NOT to be acknowledged as a Starfarin' Space Swabbie...

then how about a StarFLEET Captain or Human turned Farengi wanna-be?

VOY242.jpg
VOY144.jpg

I don't suppose I could interest you in a discounted MEMBERship in the Federation?​

Okay whateverrrrrrr but those Ferengi things look kinda ugly! :laughing:

We're going back 3 weeks later! Sept. 25. And again on Jan. 8.

Jan. may be our last WDW trip for a while. We are considering taking a low-key, (i.e. cheaper) vacation in 2009. In an odd way, Europe might be cheaper for us. We're thinking about hopping $5 military flights & Eurorailing for a week or so. Can't beat the price on flights, but we can't plan for exactly where on the continent we'd end up! Urber-planner me is having trouble with that concept...I told DH I would have to over-plan for 57 different scenarios. ;) Or we might just charter a sailboat for 2 weeks and head towards Charleston & back...OR we might spend a week in Put-In-Bay, OH. The only down side of that is I'm sure my in-laws would join us for the entire week. I like them, heck I like my side of the family, I just don't feel compelled to vacation with them all the time.

Side rant: MIL keeps planning these "family vacations" without consulting anyone else's schedule & then gets upset when not everyone can make it. Ex. we were all supposed to be in the cabin they rented in southern Ohio last week...problem is BIL & I both had to work, DH could only take 2 days and SIL is 6 months pregnant and not keen on bunk-bed sleeping for a week. SOOOO, MIL announced this weekend that she's not planning any more family trips, she's just going to come along on our vacations from now on...:scared1: I know she means it because she invited herself on our Hawaii vacation last year. Sorry, I'm an evil DIL, vent over.

3 weeks later? Wow & I thought we were bad! :laughing: I think we're going to keep our vacations to a minimum in 09 also.

As for the MIL joining you....:scared:

That was a good code , It gave us off 3.00 per person ..:banana: :banana: :banana:
pirate:

Excellent glad I could help, but you ended up with a better deal than I did! :confused: :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Just got off the phone with a potential employer. I just submitted for the job yesterday. Not sure if my resume stood out that much, or they just haven't gotten many applicants. Doesn't really matter to me either way.

The conversation was just a screening type interview but she's going to forward my information to the hiring manager and try to schedule a phone interview for tomorrow.

Prayers to whomever you pray to, all the pixie dust you can spare, and crossing all your crossables would be appreciated.

Monica I'm a prayin' for ya kiddo!!! Pixie dust coming your way! :wizard: And I'm crossing everything I can physically cross! ;)

15035.gif

Got Palo's Private Dining!!

We got Saturday August 23 at 10:30!!! I had asked for Tuesday but I didn't get it. I really wanted Saturday(was my first choice) but really believed I would never get a Saturday.

Seriously...............I wish I could have invited hundreds to celebrate with me.

clover-good-luck.jpg

For Kristina and Monica for their upcoming interviews
and for whoever else needs some luck​

My TA told me she would match -- she is a friend and knows I'm on the Disboards...... But, that was when I knew what the OBC was for the Cat 4..... Are Dreams OBCs figured by Cat or vacation cost? When we took the Cat 3 upgrade it doubled our cost from the Cat 4 (which was booked opening day!).

Right now the Dreams OBCs are based on category and the division is verandah and non-verandah. The Category 3 OBC would be the same as the Category 4.

Lots of prayers and pixie dust coming your way!

15035.gif

We got Saturday August 23 at 10:30!!! I had asked for Tuesday but I didn't get it. I really wanted Saturday(was my first choice) but really believed I would never get a Saturday.

Seriously...............I wish I could have invited hundreds to celebrate with me.

Congrats!

15035.gif

Woot Woot!!! :banana: Congrats!!! :flower3:

For K and M in your pending searches & interviews...

wishing-best-of-luck.jpg

Now I gotta really go...

my older daughter has a dentists appointment to fill a cavity and fit a bridge / spacer into her mouth. Then - I'm not sure if we'll come home or not as we have to pick up Alicia from her CT flight in the afternoon ... and I thought we'd go catch a bargain theater showing ($3) of some show - as the theater is on the "other side" of traffic - and would serve as a cool and comfortable place to wait for the flight to arrive.

Sooo...... have a great afternoon everyone! :thumbsup2

Wow...we know now who to hit up for some DOTD :lmao:

I plan on spending the money in the shops!!!;) You know I am fond of Mickey stuff.:lmao: :lmao:

Desiree and I could form a posse! :rotfl: Just kidding.

Might not be a bad idea!!!!! :rotfl:

Pity, John seemed like such a nice guy! ;)

He just loves pity!!!!:thumbsup2 Please just show him no mercy.:rolleyes1

Stace, the way it was explained is that there is a strip between the 2 locks and the photographers get out on the starboard side and take pictures. They can't get out on that strip between the locks. Least that is the way I understood it.

Me too!!!:sad2:

Don't you have something else to say? :goodvibes :lmao:
HmmmmmmmmmmmmI wonder what it is!!!:confused3 :confused3 I posted the news!!!:woohoo: :dance3: :woohoo:

I'm feeling a little panicky.

Cheryl, don't forget that button so I can sew it on for you.

Keep to the code!pirate:

Peter......that is why there is Xanax!!!:rotfl:

Button is done. That was on my to do list but that is now the only thing I have crossed off!!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I get bouts of insomnia that last for a few days...I had company last night..Laura and I emailed back and forth until 3 ..I finally made it to bed about 3:30

I was up!!!! You should have invited me!!;)

Good luck to both you and Kristina!!! :thumbsup2 I can feel the good vibes for both of you.:goodvibes :goodvibes

Happy birthdays to all missed.

Congrats to all who have assignments,

For those without, there coming and there good!

And Congrats on Palo Private room bookings.
:thumbsup2

All the above done and said for you! ;)

15035.gif

Congratulations!!!!

Prayers and pixie dust on the way Monica!

I just went online to check on our HoJo's reservation and things have changed with our booking....mainly the rate posted on their site,is NOT the rate that we were quoted over the phone!! We were given a quote of $67.20 + tax for our 1st night and I booked another night about a month later, at $99.50 + tax. Now they are trying to say that our rate is $99.50 for both nights. I know that it doesn't seem like a lot of money but it is. Kevin sent them an email this evening and will follow up with a phone call tomorrow.
I can't remember when we first booked these things or where to find anything about it on the Pirate Page. :confused3
thanks for the head's up. i need to go check mine now.

Ha! mine are nothing..I am in awe of some of the magnets people have...I have never done magnets before....I am having fun with them tho...I am feelin creative but am running out of things to do :rotfl2:

If anyone else wants anything...I would be willing to create them if I can...and then you just have to print them out...
jeez....i have 2 doors that need some magnets still.....LOL!
your's looks great! do you have any that aren't personalized?

Just thought that I would post some DCL info in case anyone else is curious.

Disney's Oceaneer Club and Disney's Oceaneer Lab will have separate
talent shows. Those 8-10 years of age will have their show in Rockin Bar D.

Once you are on the ship, sign-ups for the show can be made at the
Disney's Oceaneer Lab desk.

There will also be a family talent show at the end of the cruise.

The Guest talent show will be taking place in the Rockin' Bar D lounge
at 7:30pm on the last night. The rehearsal will most likely be the sea
day before in the afternoon. Please check your Personal Navigator for
updates.
i didn't realize that the kids had a talent show. how do you find out the info for this? dd's dance teacher said she should try to do her dance if they had a show...i just never realized that they did that onboard!

hope everyone is having a great over the hump day!!!

Lots of prayers and pixie dust coming your way!

clover-good-luck.jpg

For Kristina and Monica for their upcoming interviews
and for whoever else needs some luck​
What he said!!

15035.gif

:yay: :yay: Congrats. Enjoy.
Guess I will be in the line to get brunch reservations once I get onboard.

Here you go...have fun!

cars1.jpg

Thanks. :cheer2: I am sure DH will like this one, not that he pays much attention.:confused3

jeez....i have 2 doors that need some magnets still.....LOL!
your's looks great! do you have any that aren't personalized?

QUOTE]

I have several that I took from the magnet thread on this board...you should check on it..some really nice stuff as well as people who are willing to share things with you. If you have a particular character..I can check what I have and send it to you. Let me know

i didn't realize that the kids had a talent show. how do you find out the info for this? dd's dance teacher said she should try to do her dance if they had a show...i just never realized that they did that onboard!

hope everyone is having a great over the hump day!!!

They had one on the 11-day 2 years ago. I emailed and asked them if they were going to have one on our cruise. It took a LONG time, but they eventually responded with a YES.

Wristbands
The wristband order should be arriving on Friday or Saturday. I will start to PM those of you who have indicated that you want them sent to you before the cruise, with my addy amount of order and postage. Please be patient, as this will take me a while. If you changed your mind and want them mailed to you, let me know.

The cost of the wristbands is 50 cents each. If you missed ordering them before I will have extras available!

Below is the list of people who wanted them sent out before the cruise.

cruisin'Mike

I will be PMing these folks first, hopefully by Friday. Then I will PM everyone else to confirm their order.

Hi Tina! I thought I asked to just pick them up at Disneyland. Whichever way is easier for you is how we'll do it-just let me know. And thanks for coordinating!

Prayers and pixie dust coming your way Monica. I'll cross the crossables, and I'll even try to cross the uncrossables...but I make no promises there! Best of luck to you!
Got Palo's Private Dining!![/CENTER]

That's great! I know how much you were looking forward to this!

To everybody else looking for Palo ressies, I would keep checking over the next few days. Hopefully something will show up as they fill the private dining room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter